GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Long over due updates

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Long over due updates Empty Long over due updates Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well it's been a long while since I wrote an update on what's been happening on the Site so here goes.

Membership: We're up to 131 members and we have representation from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, NY Isles and Rangers, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Boston and probably others that I've forgotten (I didn't forget Ottawa).

A breakdown of when people joined:

July: The 3 Co-founders.

August: (Opened for business) 56 members

September: 27 members

October: 16 members

November: 14 members

December: 17 members (Shaping up to be a strong month)

August: 2982

September: 3885

October: 6753

November: 7095

December: 4448 - Looks like it will be our first month where we don't see an increase in posts. Could be a few things: 1 - The Chatbox is much more active these days. 2 - It is Christmas time afterall 🎅 . 3 - Not a lot of solid rumours to report on but on the bright side membership is up :D

Our top poster is of course 504Heater and good luck to anyone who tries to challenge his crown :king: with his incredible total of well over 3000 posts as of today.

I will be content with my PM crown of 6981 :D

As for other updates.

We have an official signed agreement with Canadian Tire JumpStart®️.

We are now listed as a friend of SensChirp and he does regular chats at noon on Fridays whenever he has time.

We have been making tweaks to the Banner logo - Big thank you to Tukker for the latest incarnation.

We also have PKC and Howie working on a streamlined user friendly forum for GMHockey. Don't worry it will have a very similiar look and feel to the current set up it will just have a few changes to make it easier to navigate and nicer looking. This is a very longterm project so don't expect anything in the near future.

- Unknown Author

2Long over due updates Empty Re: Long over due updates Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:17 pm

i think we need a sub forum to make posts that involve all the NHL teams. Something like having a sub-forum in "around the League in 30 teams", were posts that involve all the NHL teams can be made.

3Long over due updates Empty Re: Long over due updates Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker's Mr Snow Miser wrote:i think we need a sub forum to make posts that involve all the NHL teams. Something like having a sub-forum in "around the League in 30 teams", were posts that involve all the NHL teams can be made.

A whole forum or a topic/thread? We have The Lounge with a single topic (All hockey talk all the time). Personally, I like that particular topic for this kind of stuff, but it sits in The Lounge which has no other topics. Whatever solution you come up with, it would be great to have a quicklink to it in the header or one of the sidebars.

4Long over due updates Empty Re: Long over due updates Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:43 pm

wprager wrote:
Tukker's Mr Snow Miser wrote:i think we need a sub forum to make posts that involve all the NHL teams. Something like having a sub-forum in "around the League in 30 teams", were posts that involve all the NHL teams can be made.

A whole forum or a topic/thread? We have The Lounge with a single topic (All hockey talk all the time). Personally, I like that particular topic for this kind of stuff, but it sits in The Lounge which has no other topics. Whatever solution you come up with, it would be great to have a quicklink to it in the header or one of the sidebars.
i just meant a forum, similar to all the forums under "Around the Forum In 30 Teams"

5Long over due updates Empty Re: Long over due updates Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

things will be improved once the new site is developed so hang tight.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum