GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME

+5
PKC
Riprock
smash88
Cronie
SensGirl11
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I have some updates on the game Saturday.

1. Heatley will be wearing the "C".

2. Fisher will be playing on Saturday!!!

3. Ruutu will be playing on a line with Spezza and Heatley!

Should be an interesting one!

2UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really??

Ruutu on the Top line?

Who takes Ruutu's spot?

3UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:54 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Really??

Ruutu on the Top line?

Who takes Ruutu's spot?

Wow.. that will be interesting to say the least... I'm glad they are passing the C to Heatley, he showed in Sweden, he wants to be that leader...

Glad to see Fish back... Hopefully he stays...

4UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:58 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's hoping Fisher doesn't reaggravate his groin though...

Fisher AND Alfie out would not be good.

5UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So with Alfie out and Fisher in, the roster stays the same.

Heatley-Spezza-Ruutu
Kelly-Vermette-Winchester
Foligno-Fisher-Neil
Schubert-McAmmond-Donovan

How does that look?

6UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not too shabby.
Ask me again at 8'ish on Saturday night. Wink

7UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sure thing.

Obviously it's a glaring home with Alfredsson absent, but we need to be able to win without him. Look what Toronto did vs. Detroit.

Here's my dream line-up after trade deadline day.

Winchester-Spezza-Heatley
Foligno-Sundin-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Fisher-Neil
Kelly-Bass-Donovan

Bouwmeester-Phillips
Smith-Volchenkov
Picard-Kuba

Toskala
Auld

...... yes.

8UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, to be honest I thought Phillips would get the C.

9UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Sure thing.

Obviously it's a glaring home with Alfredsson absent, but we need to be able to win without him. Look what Toronto did vs. Detroit.

Here's my dream line-up after trade deadline day.

Winchester-Spezza-Heatley
Foligno-Sundin-Alfredsson
Ruutu-Fisher-Neil
Kelly-Bass-Donovan

Bouwmeester-Phillips
Smith-Volchenkov
Picard-Kuba

Toskala
Auld

...... yes.

AH MAN!! That's AWESOME!!!

10UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

yes... yes it is cheers I can only hope.

11UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:53 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I'd love Toskala here too... LOL... Could you imagine if we ended up with Sundin and Toskala? LOL Leaf fans would start a riot on younge st! LOL

12UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:I'd love Toskala here too... LOL... Could you imagine if we ended up with Sundin and Toskala? LOL Leaf fans would start a riot on younge st! LOL

That alone would be worth it.

Plus, the trolls would be like: "yeah, you couldn't win a cup on your own so you had to poach OUR star players to get you one." bla bla bla...

Still, it would be totally worth it!

13UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I have thought that Ruutu or Donovan could be a good winger for Spezza/Heatley for even strength time, as they embody what the other two do not, yet.

Ruutu or Donovan at even strength time would be around 12-14 minutes per night. Heatley and Spezza's remaining time is on the power play.

14UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN's Ice Chips...

Martin Gerber will start in goal for Saturday's home opener against Detroit. Also, Mike Fisher skated with team on Friday for the first time since missing the first two games of season. - TSN

Practice Lines

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Ruutu
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Vermette - Kelly - Winchester
Schubert - McAmmond - Donovan

Defence:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Smith
Picard - Lee
Richardson

Goaltender:
Gerber
Auld

Ruutu on the top line... should be interesting.

15UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Empty Re: UPDATES ON SATURDAY'S GAME Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Toskala is attainable. He is one of the players right now keeping Toronto a competing team. If they truly want to "win" this season, which to them should mean a first overall pick in the draft, and they have faith that Pogge can be their #1, they must trade him. There are only a few teams that would have real interest in him and can afford him. He will likely be moved by the trade deadline. They will start the bidding at a first round pick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum