GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

An NHL Team in Halifax?

+4
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
dennycrane
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Should Halifax Get An NHL Franchise?

An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap217%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap233%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap233%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_lcap217%An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Empty Re: An NHL Team in Halifax? Tue May 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Well Shabbs, clearly neither you nor Prager has spent the sometimes as much as four hours it takes to get to and from a Senators game, parking inclusive.
What do you base that on? I grew up in Ottawa and attended many games there and did that lovely commute when the 417 was clogged with west-bound traffic, but luckily I knew a few shortcuts to cut the time down. Please check your facts first, you are off base on this one.

As for spending time commuting... I now live in Toronto and travel the 401 for work. 'Nuff said.

davetherave wrote:As for spending the money on a hockey game, doesn't seem to be a factor for Ottawa hockey fans...why would it be for fans in Nova Scotia?
But will there be enough of them in NS? The Ottawa-Hull area has over 1 million people to pull from.

My dear friend, I have--as you know is my habit--checked my facts...every one of the weekday games I attended at Scotiabank Place this year took an average of four hours total commuting time from my home in the East of Ottawa to Kanata and back, including parking.

As for the good folks of Nova Scotia, how do you know what they would or wouldn't do? Check your facts...

Wink

BY the way, do you need to be so patronizing just because someone has a different opinion than you?

62An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Empty Re: An NHL Team in Halifax? Tue May 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Well Shabbs, clearly neither you nor Prager has spent the sometimes as much as four hours it takes to get to and from a Senators game, parking inclusive.
What do you base that on? I grew up in Ottawa and attended many games there and did that lovely commute when the 417 was clogged with west-bound traffic, but luckily I knew a few shortcuts to cut the time down. Please check your facts first, you are off base on this one.

As for spending time commuting... I now live in Toronto and travel the 401 for work. 'Nuff said.

davetherave wrote:As for spending the money on a hockey game, doesn't seem to be a factor for Ottawa hockey fans...why would it be for fans in Nova Scotia?
But will there be enough of them in NS? The Ottawa-Hull area has over 1 million people to pull from.

My dear friend, I have--as you know is my habit--checked my facts...every one of the weekday games I attended at Scotiabank Place this year took an average of four hours total commuting time from my home in the East of Ottawa to Kanata and back, including parking.

As for the good folks of Nova Scotia, how do you know what they would or wouldn't do? Check your facts...

Wink

I think he was referring to your comment regarding Praguer and Shabbs having never made that kind of commut without knowing that Shabbs has attended several games.

If it's taking you an average of 4 hours then you're making poor choices in one or more of the following: your route, your arrival time, choice of parking space.

Your route - If you take the Queensway the whole way there and back on a week night and are leaving from somewhere like Orleans then I personally would completely lose my mind doing that even a couple times. I leave from work near Westboro and I live in Orleans. I also don't go on the Queensway AT ALL on my way to the game and only get on the Queensway on the way home and even then it's not until Moodie that I get on.

Your arrival time - If you plan your trip so that you arrive shortly before puck drop then you're just like the vast majority of fans and get stuck in all that traffic coupled with regular rush hour. Would you rather arrive there an hour early or sit in traffic for 2 hours?

Choice of parking space - This may sound odd but it makes a huge difference if you park close to the parking lot exit vs. parking near the building.

63An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Empty Re: An NHL Team in Halifax? Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I don't think DTO was necessarily patronizing. He's the elder statesman on this site (unless someone else here has seen the Original Six when that's all there was) and that's just the way they spoke back then.

Zing!

64An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Empty Re: An NHL Team in Halifax? Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Well Shabbs, clearly neither you nor Prager has spent the sometimes as much as four hours it takes to get to and from a Senators game, parking inclusive.

As for spending the money on a hockey game, doesn't seem to be a factor for Ottawa hockey fans...why would it be for fans in Nova Scotia?

Wink

Using the backroads it takes me 15-20 minutes, and that's including
spending 10 minutes at the light on Palladium/Huntmar. If I park in
the right place, it could be as little as 15 minutes to get out of the
parking lot. Or I can wait around a bit, listen to the band, have a
hot dog or donut.

I used to park in P6 all the time right near the exit in the only paved section in that whole lot. I would get onto Katimivik in about 20 minutes and in Orleans in less than an hour. It took me about 40 minutes to get there from Westboro via Carling, Moodie etc...

- Unknown Author

65An NHL Team in Halifax? - Page 5 Empty Re: An NHL Team in Halifax? Tue May 26, 2009 3:53 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Heh. I wasn't talking about that fact, but rather, your statement that neither myself nor Prager has spent the sometimes as much as four hours it takes to get to and from a Senators game, parking inclusive. I can't speak for Prager, but I certainly have.

I was trying to do my best DTR impression, with the off-base statement and fact checking warning... how did I do?

Wink

Shabbs, you're the best...I am really flattered. Not at bad impression at all. :^^^^:

Maybe we need some new smilies--one for 'fact check warning' and 'off base statement'...

Cheers, bro!

Hey get those BEERS ON ICE!!!!!

Cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum