GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the better team?

+5
SensGirl11
smash88
rooneypoo
BigRig
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who is the best team in the NHL?

Who is the better team? Vote_lcap272%Who is the better team? Vote_rcap2 72% [ 13 ]
Who is the better team? Vote_lcap217%Who is the better team? Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Who is the better team? Vote_lcap26%Who is the better team? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who is the better team? Vote_lcap20%Who is the better team? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who is the better team? Vote_lcap25%Who is the better team? Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who is the better team? Empty Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Detroit Red Wings:

Offense: A+
Defense: A+
Special Teams: A+
Goaltending: B+
Team Toughness: B
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): A

San Jose:

Offense: A
Defense: A
Goaltending: A+
Team Toughness: A

Montreal:

Offense: A+
Defense: B+
Goaltending: B+
Team Toughness: C

Philadelphia:

Special Teams: A-
Goaltending: B
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): B+

Dallas:

Offense: A-
Special Teams: B+
Goaltending: A
Team Toughness: A+

Pittsburgh:

Special Teams: A
Team Toughness: B
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): B

New Jersey:

Offense: B+
Defense: C
Special Teams: B-
Team Toughness: B+
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): B

New York Rangers:

Offense: A-
Defense: A-
Special Teams: B+
Team Toughness: A-
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): B+

Boston/Minny:

Offense: B+
Defense: A
Special Teams: A
Intangibles (coaching, pressure situations, crowd noise etc.): A-

2Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:42 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

As with many Rangers teams during the past couple of decades, they are ON PAPER the best but never seem to pull it all together (other than of course in '94). Maybe with Jagr gone, they can put it together?

The same as above can be said about the Sharks.

I think you still have to go with Detroit as the 1#.
Only big off season changes for them was to Add Hossa. In a word, they are "Slick".

3Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes they are. Wow, they should win it all...but I love the Sharks D with Boyle and Blake (but especially Boyle).

4Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:59 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Yes they are. Wow, they should win it all...but I love the Sharks D with Boyle and Blake (but especially Boyle).

Tell me about. Watching Sharks games has made me envious of the Boyle addition.

Consider this one: if you had known that Meszaros was going to be gone, would you have traded him and a pick/prospect for Boyle? 'Cause I sure would have, in a heartbeat... even if I don't particularly like how long Boyle's contract is.

Nothing against Picard, the 1st first, and Kuba, but Boyle would have fixed a lot of problems on the backend in a hurry, for now and for some time to come.

I really hope we sign a guy like Bouwmeester sometime in the next 10 months or so...

5Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:04 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Yes they are. Wow, they should win it all...but I love the Sharks D with Boyle and Blake (but especially Boyle).

Consider this one: if you had known that Meszaros was going to be gone, would you have traded him and a pick/prospect for Boyle? 'Cause I sure would have, in a heartbeat... even if I don't particularly like how long Boyle's contract is.

Nothing against Picard, the 1st first, and Kuba, but Boyle would have fixed a lot of problems on the backend in a hurry, for now and for some time to come.

I really hope we sign a guy like Bouwmeester sometime in the next 10 months or so...

Yeah your definitely right about that... I think in hindsight that is a trade I would have made.. But as we say life goes on.. I'd definitely be dissapointed if we didn't at least make a major pitch for J-Bo.....

6Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Me too. I was advocating that move when Boyle was being offered around. Diddle...he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and he patrols the backend on PPs like a killer.

TB must be all franked up to have let him go. I just don't get it.

7Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray didn't do it...because of cap space, is that what it was? He felt it was too expensive I think? 6.7 million - Kuba's 3.0 - Picard's 0.9 - 2.0+ million we have to spare - perhaps minus someone else that costs a million - and you have a 70 point D-man (that's how many Diddle points Boyle will get this year).

Why? Why I ask? Why......Sad

8Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:38 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Murray didn't do it...because of cap space, is that what it was? He felt it was too expensive I think? 6.7 million - Kuba's 3.0 - Picard's 0.9 - 2.0+ million we have to spare - perhaps minus someone else that costs a million - and you have a 70 point D-man (that's how many Diddle points Boyle will get this year).

I think Murray...or sorry , Melnyk didn't want to tie up that much money in a Dman when our Goaltending is still so suspect. I, for one, agree with that. No point in having Boyle or anyone if shots are going in from every angle...

you look at Goalies around the league that could come available...

Look at how Lehtonen would only sign for 1 year....he wants out of Atlanta
Look at Bulin (Trade deadline only so the $$ works)
Look at Backstrom in Minny

all free agents next year...the year AFTER is of course better, but wouldn't it be worth it to finally go into the playoffs with a stud back there?

9Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:44 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Murray didn't do it...because of cap space, is that what it was? He felt it was too expensive I think? 6.7 million - Kuba's 3.0 - Picard's 0.9 - 2.0+ million we have to spare - perhaps minus someone else that costs a million - and you have a 70 point D-man (that's how many Diddle points Boyle will get this year).

I think Murray...or sorry , Melnyk didn't want to tie up that much money in a Dman when our Goaltending is still so suspect. I, for one, agree with that. No point in having Boyle or anyone if shots are going in from every angle...

you look at Goalies around the league that could come available...

Look at how Lehtonen would only sign for 1 year....he wants out of Atlanta
Look at Bulin (Trade deadline only so the $$ works)
Look at Backstrom in Minny

all free agents next year...the year AFTER is of course better, but wouldn't it be worth it to finally go into the playoffs with a stud back there?

I go to sleep every night praying, that one day, maybe it will come true... If i really really want it, and I try really really hard, maybe it will just be my lucky day! LOL

10Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
I go to sleep every night praying, that one day, maybe it will come true... If i really really want it, and I try really really hard, maybe it will just be my lucky day! LOL

This.

11Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

No contest right now, not even with SJ until they prove otherwise, Detroit is the BEST in the league by far.

12Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:10 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Voted: Detroit

Hard to argue that one.

13Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the Sharks this year. I can't argue that Detroit is the best team, but with Boyle and Blake on the backend...it makes them very, very different - and a heck of a lot more confident.

I think Detroit loses a 7 game series against the Sharks - if they don't choke-a-doodle-doo that is.

14Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:51 pm

504Heater wrote:I like the Sharks this year. I can't argue that Detroit is the best team, but with Boyle and Blake on the backend...it makes them very, very different - and a heck of a lot more confident.

I think Detroit loses a 7 game series against the Sharks - if they don't choke-a-doodle-doo that is.
i voted SJ

15Who is the better team? Empty Re: Who is the better team? Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me too Tukker. I'm (slightly) convinced that they can go all the way this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum