GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isles to take HEDMAN???

+8
PTFlea
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
davetherave
shabbs
COLLAR UP
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote::laugh: Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

Hey nothing wrong with wishful thinking but as mentioned in my follow up post I would remove Zubov and insert Kelly. Ah heck if they want Zubov I'd do it. Clear out some space and dead weight in Kelly.

I'm not sure the Isles would be that stupid. Would they? :##:

Who knows, as mentioned its just wishful thinking, but they would get a quality back up in Auld who could step in to fill a void when Dipetro is injuried for any extended period of time. Something that they greatly lacked last season.

Kelly would address the PK and strengthen a 3rd or 4th line, and Zubov is a quality young prospect that could excel with playing time. Kelly's contract is 1 year less than Hunters so it would give NYI some more flexibility as well.

Hunter could play on our 2nd line and be the power forward we could use. I'd be looking at one of their mid round 2nd's. The salaries aren't back breakers for either team as well.

If Kelly is truely under appreciated then his value should be high. Hunter i am not sure how they NYI feel about him. If the 2nd is too much I would go for a 3rd but not any lower.

Thats my arguement for making a deal that could be good for both teams. But again, I was at work way to early in the morning and its wishful thinking.

47Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:03 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:
You think so? I find that he doesn't speculate unless he has a very good idea or some legit inside info.

IMHO Lyle Richardson is much more tuned in...and Pierre Lebrun...just to name two of the better hockey commentators who examine truth and rumours.

McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

Really? I've never really been able to read Richardson (he's Spector, right?). I find that whenever I go, it just seems like he posts rumours from news sources and then tells you that it won't happen. Is that a case of him being tuned in, or just realistic?

48Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Sat May 16, 2009 1:25 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Really? I've never really been able to read Richardson (he's Spector, right?). I find that whenever I go, it just seems like he posts rumours from news sources and then tells you that it won't happen. Is that a case of him being tuned in, or just realistic?

Also not a huge fan.

49Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:
You think so? I find that he doesn't speculate unless he has a very good idea or some legit inside info.

IMHO Lyle Richardson is much more tuned in...and Pierre Lebrun...just to name two of the better hockey commentators who examine truth and rumours.

McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

Lyle Richardson examines rumours and speculation on his site SpectorsHockey.net, and provides an analysis while addressing the credibility of the source.

In many cases, he debunks rumours as being the figment of journalists' overactive imaginations and the voracious appetite of mainstream hockey media for any kind of 'news', regardless of the quality of that information.

Call him 'the antiEklund' if you will.

He also writes for FoxSports and The Hockey News.

Lyle is very approachable, and invites readers to contact him should they wish to discuss or even contest his positions.

I have corresponded with him on a number of occasions and found him extremely knowledgeable, both on hockey matters today, and the history of the hockey business.

50Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Sat May 16, 2009 10:58 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Oh, I don't question his hockey knowledge (and actually, I did happen across him first at Foxsports).

But I don't see him reporting his own rumours very often, rather than simply taking what other people are reporting and analyzing them.

IMO he and McKenzie do two different things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum