GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isles to take HEDMAN???

+8
PTFlea
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
davetherave
shabbs
COLLAR UP
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 7:57 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Just watched "The Quiz" on TSN. Bob McKenzie seemed to have some inside info.

The question was - Who will/should the Isles take in the upcoming draft...Tavares or Hedman.

Bob very quickly said they WILL (and he seemed to put emphasis on that)...WILL take Hedman. He then stated..."but I didn't say they'd take him at number 1. By the time it is all said and done the Islanders will have Hedman but not necessarily picking first overall"

So does he have some info on them trading the 1st and of course acquiring the 2nd.

Interesting indeed!!

2Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting... so a deal between TBay and the Isles to swap spots?

3Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:Just watched "The Quiz" on TSN. Bob McKenzie seemed to have some inside info.

The question was - Who will/should the Isles take in the upcoming draft...Tavares or Hedman.

Bob very quickly said they WILL (and he seemed to put emphasis on that)...WILL take Hedman. He then stated..."but I didn't say they'd take him at number 1. By the time it is all said and done the Islanders will have Hedman but not necessarily picking first overall"

So does he have some info on them trading the 1st and of course acquiring the 2nd.

Interesting indeed!!

Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:

4Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 8:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:
You think so? I find that he doesn't speculate unless he has a very good idea or some legit inside info.

5Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What a boneheaded move that would be. So they'll trade their first to Tampa for Tampa's 2nd? I don't really understand the logic there at all.

Am I missing something?

6Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:28 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:
You think so? I find that he doesn't speculate unless he has a very good idea or some legit inside info.

IMHO Lyle Richardson is much more tuned in...and Pierre Lebrun...just to name two of the better hockey commentators who examine truth and rumours.

McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

7Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Lebrun is good. He's always got a good angle on things.

8Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:

IMHO Lyle Richardson is much more tuned in...and Pierre Lebrun...just to name two of the better hockey commentators who examine truth and rumours.

McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

That drives me bonkers. Steve Lloyd on Team 1200 is like that. Everything is in such a matter-of-fact tone with him and kind of simultaneously laughs and talks when he's laying out his "facts" too... ok, enough of that. I think I'll be ok.

9Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:36 am

I don't post on here much, but I am here everyday.

The Isles have been takng Hedman for about 8 months now. They have hinted to this in every article I have read and am 100% confident that they will take Hedman. He is the best player in the draft remember, followed by Duchene.

I think most people on here know enough to understand that as well. A minor deal will be made most likely to give TB the first pick. TB will take Tavares, NYI grab Hedman and COL luck out and get Duchene.
The TBay franchise continues to make an Donkey of themselves.

10Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

notch4077 wrote:I don't post on here much, but I am here everyday.

The Isles have been takng Hedman for about 8 months now. They have hinted to this in every article I have read and am 100% confident that they will take Hedman. He is the best player in the draft remember, followed by Duchene.

I think most people on here know enough to understand that as well. A minor deal will be made most likely to give TB the first pick. TB will take Tavares, NYI grab Hedman and COL luck out and get Duchene.

I think it's a case of Dumb and Dumber because each team would be taking the wrong player. NYI needs the sizzle that Tavares would bring and TB is desperate for a stud defenseman.

11Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:I don't post on here much, but I am here everyday.

If Tampa Bay takes Tavares, and with Stamkos already in the fold, does this mean that they could possibly be actively shopping Lecavalier?

12Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's a case of Dumb and Dumber because each team would be taking the wrong player. NYI needs the sizzle that Tavares would bring and TB is desperate for a stud defenseman.
Heh. Indeed.

But, what else could be in the works with that deal to swap pics? Could Vinnie be heading to the Island?

13Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's a case of Dumb and Dumber because each team would be taking the wrong player. NYI needs the sizzle that Tavares would bring and TB is desperate for a stud defenseman.
Heh. Indeed.

But, what else could be in the works with that deal to swap pics? Could Vinnie be heading to the Island?

Yeah. I get the impression they sobered up and realized that contract is out of their league at this point. I'm sure Lecavalier will be working on his tan elsewhere come October.

14Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:04 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

That drives me bonkers. Steve Lloyd on Team 1200 is like that. Everything is in such a matter-of-fact tone with him and kind of simultaneously laughs and talks when he's laying out his "facts" too... ok, enough of that. I think I'll be ok.

There are few things more satisfying than the dead silence that occurs when Stevie Lloyd gets called out.

McGuire did it to him yesterday AND today.
cool)

15Isles to take HEDMAN??? Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

There are few things more satisfying than the dead silence that occurs when Stevie Lloyd gets called out.

McGuire did it to him yesterday AND today.
cool)

You sure it wasn't Straightman Stu this morning? That guy should stick to reading traffic reports.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum