GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isles to take HEDMAN???

+8
PTFlea
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
davetherave
shabbs
COLLAR UP
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's a case of Dumb and Dumber because each team would be taking the wrong player. NYI needs the sizzle that Tavares would bring and TB is desperate for a stud defenseman.
Heh. Indeed.

But, what else could be in the works with that deal to swap pics? Could Vinnie be heading to the Island?

Yeah. I get the impression they sobered up and realized that contract is out of their league at this point. I'm sure Lecavalier will be working on his tan elsewhere come October.

17Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:04 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

That drives me bonkers. Steve Lloyd on Team 1200 is like that. Everything is in such a matter-of-fact tone with him and kind of simultaneously laughs and talks when he's laying out his "facts" too... ok, enough of that. I think I'll be ok.

There are few things more satisfying than the dead silence that occurs when Stevie Lloyd gets called out.

McGuire did it to him yesterday AND today.
cool)

18Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:19 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

That drives me bonkers. Steve Lloyd on Team 1200 is like that. Everything is in such a matter-of-fact tone with him and kind of simultaneously laughs and talks when he's laying out his "facts" too... ok, enough of that. I think I'll be ok.

There are few things more satisfying than the dead silence that occurs when Stevie Lloyd gets called out.

McGuire did it to him yesterday AND today.
cool)

You sure it wasn't Straightman Stu this morning? That guy should stick to reading traffic reports.

19Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:Just watched "The Quiz" on TSN. Bob McKenzie seemed to have some inside info.

The question was - Who will/should the Isles take in the upcoming draft...Tavares or Hedman.

Bob very quickly said they WILL (and he seemed to put emphasis on that)...WILL take Hedman. He then stated..."but I didn't say they'd take him at number 1. By the time it is all said and done the Islanders will have Hedman but not necessarily picking first overall"

So does he have some info on them trading the 1st and of course acquiring the 2nd.

Interesting indeed!!

Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:

Umm, pot -- meet kettle.

Laughing3

20Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:29 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:[Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:

Umm, pot -- meet kettle.

Laughing3

Bitter, Prags? Or just another glib throwaway from you? :^^^^: :^^^:

21Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 11:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Glib is my middle name!

22Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Game on.

I now guarantee the Schenn/1st rounder and Kubina/Kaberle is a legit rumour and I guarantee that Burke thinks about moving it to TB (IF the Isles select Hedman).

23Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 11:34 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We'll see how it plays out, but I will forever see the Isles as the dumbest team on earth if they take Hedman over Tavares. (and maybe even Duchene)

24Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 11:35 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Game on.

I now guarantee the Schenn/1st rounder and Kubina/Kaberle is a legit rumour and I guarantee that Burke thinks about moving it to TB (IF the Isles select Hedman).
I still think that Lecavalier would have to be part of this deal to get it done.

25Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 11:42 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

If Burke is that serious about getting TB's 2nd and keeping Schenn, then he should counter with this years 1st, next years 1st and Kaberle. I am guessing that TB would also want TO to take a salary dump. I wonder if teams can trade salary cap hits from buyouts. If so maybe TO could also take on TB's 1m cap hit from buying out Marc Denis.

26Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 pm

andyman998

andyman998
Prospect
Prospect

Might not be that far fetched.

Say the Isle send the #1 pick and say Streit and another pick/pospect

Tampa sends the #2 pick and Lecavalier.

Isle get their franchise player in Lecavalier and their stud on D in Hedman.

Tampa gets rid of the huge Lecavalier salary, a top D they desperately need and probably the best 1, 2 young centre combo in Tavares and Stamkos in the league next to Toews and Kane.

27Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

andyman998 wrote:Might not be that far fetched.

Tampa gets rid of the huge Lecavalier salary, a top D they desperately need and probably the best 1, 2 young centre combo in Tavares and Stamkos in the league next to Toews and Kane.
Yeah, that's where I was thinking. Isles need a marketable forward like Lecavalier... could be interesting if a deal like this goes down.

28Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:49 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:

Yeah, that's where I was thinking. Isles need a marketable forward like Lecavalier... could be interesting if a deal like this goes down.

I personally think, that it is the only way they can do it. And with all the talk of Lecavalier possibly going to Montreal, why wouldn't they trade him to move up and pick Hedman?

It makes sense.

29Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I personally think, that it is the only way they can do it. And with all the talk of Lecavalier possibly going to Montreal, why wouldn't they trade him to move up and pick Hedman?

It makes sense.

How will Montreal look after Lecavalier ends up on Long Island along with Komisarek! lol

30Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

It makes sense.
You mean Tavares?

31Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ My bad, my bad.

It's Friday...that's all I have to say. Sarcasm

32Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:^ My bad, my bad.

It's Friday...that's all I have to say. Sarcasm
So glad it's Friday!

33Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds like a very feasible option towards rebuilding that team. With Vinnie as the star center, Hedman to build around, and a quality goalie the team could be on the right track. Bailey, Comeau, and Okoposso could create a quality 2nd line. Snow would need to add a quility 1st line winger and who knows where they could go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum