GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isles to take HEDMAN???

+8
PTFlea
wprager
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
davetherave
shabbs
COLLAR UP
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

^ My bad, my bad.

It's Friday...that's all I have to say. Sarcasm

32Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:^ My bad, my bad.

It's Friday...that's all I have to say. Sarcasm
So glad it's Friday!

33Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

andyman998 wrote:Might not be that far fetched.

Say the Isle send the #1 pick and say Streit and another pick/pospect

Tampa sends the #2 pick and Lecavalier.

Isle get their franchise player in Lecavalier and their stud on D in Hedman.

Tampa gets rid of the huge Lecavalier salary, a top D they desperately need and probably the best 1, 2 young centre combo in Tavares and Stamkos in the league next to Toews and Kane.

Sounds like a very feasible option towards rebuilding that team. With Vinnie as the star center, Hedman to build around, and a quality goalie the team could be on the right track. Bailey, Comeau, and Okoposso could create a quality 2nd line. Snow would need to add a quility 1st line winger and who knows where they could go.

34Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Phoenix30 wrote:

Tampa gets rid of the huge Lecavalier salary, a top D they desperately need and probably the best 1, 2 young centre combo in Tavares and Stamkos in the league next to Toews and Kane.

Sounds like a very feasible option towards rebuilding that team. With Vinnie as the star center, Hedman to build around, and a quality goalie the team could be on the right track. Bailey, Comeau, and Okoposso could create a quality 2nd line. Snow would need to add a quility 1st line winger and who knows where they could go.

They should have a good amount of UFAs to choose from. Went over the list last night, and there are some viable options.

35Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

this all works until Burke comes in with his arms flying and complaining because he was left out of the party, freaking egomaniac that he is.

36Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I still think that Lecavalier would have to be part of this deal to get it done.

You're right, it would absolutely be Vinny going to the Leafs. Man, this could work out so well for the Leafs if they plays their cards right. Schenn? Great young player. Vinny? All-Star center to build your team around. Add in Tavares and the Leafs are getting somewhere.

37Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or the other ways you guys were saying. Isles trade down to get Vinny though? That's a lot to give up for the Bolts - who might as well just keep Vinny and draft Hedman/Tavares.

38Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:

Following NYI making the trade for Vinnie and dropping down one spot. Snow follows up with a deal with Ottawa. He moves Trent Hunter and a 3rd rounder for Auld and Zubov. Ok so i am very tired and bored at work.

39Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm bored too. Why are we stuck here when everyone else gets to take the day off.

Why I oughta🇬🇬

40Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Or the other ways you guys were saying. Isles trade down to get Vinny though? That's a lot to give up for the Bolts - who might as well just keep Vinny and draft Hedman/Tavares.
They'd be offering TBay a guarantee that they can have Tavares as they'll have the first overall pick. This would have to be with the agreement that TBay will indeed take Tavares and not Hedman.

If the Bolts keep Vinny, they should draft Hedman. If htey give up Vinny, they'll need Tavares to fill his void and build around.

If the Isles don't get Vinny, they'll need Tavares. If they get Vinny, they can use Hedman and build around him on the backend while having the star forward they so desperately need.

I think the Isles would have to position it this way:

Isles to TBay: "We have so many needs it's not funny, but Tavares is tops on our list. We need a flashy forward to sell the team. Hey, look at you guys, you have a flashy forward that you so happen to need to off-load... say, we're willing to pass on Tavares if you give us Vinny to fill the void that Tavares would have filled. We'll select Hedman instead. You guys offload your big contract and get a new flashy forward that's cap friendly. We'll even swap picks so you are guaranteed first overall and can take Tavares. We can sort out any other players needed to balance it out later... deal?"

Maybe...

41Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:

Following NYI making the trade for Vinnie and dropping down one spot. Snow follows up with a deal with Ottawa. He moves Trent Hunter and a 2nd rounder for Auld and Zubov. Ok so i am very tired and bored at work.

OK so its too quiet in here and now I am really bored. OK I take back this offer and remove Zubov and replace him with Kelly. Seems to be a good start to rebuilding a team.

Weight - Lecavalier - UFA
Comeau - Bailey - Okposo
Bergenheim - Colliton - Park
Rechlicz/Tambellini - Kelly - Jackman

Gervais - Hedman
Sutton - Witt
Meyer - Martinek

DiPietro
Auld

42Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

43Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote::laugh: Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

Hey nothing wrong with wishful thinking but as mentioned in my follow up post I would remove Zubov and insert Kelly. Ah heck if they want Zubov I'd do it. Clear out some space and dead weight in Kelly.

44Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 4:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Laughing3 Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

Hey nothing wrong with wishful thinking but as mentioned in my follow up post I would remove Zubov and insert Kelly. Ah heck if they want Zubov I'd do it. Clear out some space and dead weight in Kelly.

I'm not sure the Isles would be that stupid. Would they? :##:

45Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 4:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Laughing3 Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

Yeah, if they were to demand Zubov, I'd have no problems doing it.

46Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
504Heater wrote::laugh: Trent Hunter and a 2nd for Zubov and Auld?

I'm not sure the Isles would be that stupid. Would they? :##:

Who knows, as mentioned its just wishful thinking, but they would get a quality back up in Auld who could step in to fill a void when Dipetro is injuried for any extended period of time. Something that they greatly lacked last season.

Kelly would address the PK and strengthen a 3rd or 4th line, and Zubov is a quality young prospect that could excel with playing time. Kelly's contract is 1 year less than Hunters so it would give NYI some more flexibility as well.

Hunter could play on our 2nd line and be the power forward we could use. I'd be looking at one of their mid round 2nd's. The salaries aren't back breakers for either team as well.

If Kelly is truely under appreciated then his value should be high. Hunter i am not sure how they NYI feel about him. If the 2nd is too much I would go for a 3rd but not any lower.

Thats my arguement for making a deal that could be good for both teams. But again, I was at work way to early in the morning and its wishful thinking.

47Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Fri May 15, 2009 10:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Bobby Mac is one of hockey's more vociferous gossip columnists... :blah:
You think so? I find that he doesn't speculate unless he has a very good idea or some legit inside info.

IMHO Lyle Richardson is much more tuned in...and Pierre Lebrun...just to name two of the better hockey commentators who examine truth and rumours.

McKenzie is knowledgeable--after all, he's been in the business a loooong time-- but he sometimes acts like he 'knows' stuff he is simply speculating about.

Really? I've never really been able to read Richardson (he's Spector, right?). I find that whenever I go, it just seems like he posts rumours from news sources and then tells you that it won't happen. Is that a case of him being tuned in, or just realistic?

48Isles to take HEDMAN??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Isles to take HEDMAN??? Sat May 16, 2009 1:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Really? I've never really been able to read Richardson (he's Spector, right?). I find that whenever I go, it just seems like he posts rumours from news sources and then tells you that it won't happen. Is that a case of him being tuned in, or just realistic?

Also not a huge fan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum