GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player

+3
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Without a doubt AO. Greatest show on ice !!

17GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Malkin. I'm tired of listening to everyone talk about Ovechkin with his flaccid penis in their mouthes. Ovechkin played for the most part with Backstrom and Semin this season. My dead grandmother could pile up points with these linemates. I'm not trying to sell Ovechkin short, because he is immensely talented, but Malkin had more points and he played the majority of the year with Petr Sykora and some other scrub. 'Nuff said. Having said that, I'd take Jarome Iginla over either of those two every single time.

18GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I looked at it as who is the most outstanding player to watch. Ovechkin is in my opinion the most exciting player today. Malkin quits on too many shifts.

19GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Zach Parise - not bad stats below for a 25 year old, a lot of those goals were highlight reel goals.

NJ 82 45 49 94 30 14 0 8 24 364 12.36 18:45

20GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm

RobbyJ wrote:I looked at it as who is the most outstanding player to watch. Ovechkin is in my opinion the most exciting player today. Malkin quits on too many shifts.

That's different imo then. That would be Most Exciting player, which I'd have to give the nod to Ovechkin. I just think Malkin in more talented overall.

21GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:28 pm

SensFan71 wrote:Zach Parise - not bad stats below for a 25 year old, a lot of those goals were highlight reel goals.

NJ 82 45 49 94 30 14 0 8 24 364 12.36 18:45

He had an absolutely ridiculous year. I remember watching his draft and about 3-4 picks before Parise went, Pierre Maguire kept saying how teams would regret passing on him. NJ finally took him and Maguire went on a rant about how good he'd be. As obnoxious as Maguire is, sometimes he sounds like a genius.

Part of me wants to dislike Parise. I mean, buddy, your father suited up for CANADA in the Summit Series. I think that should make you Canadian no matter what! Crying

22GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Based on these very general criteria, I can't think of more difficult award to, well, award.

Too many outstanding players for too many different reasons.

23GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Sheit, I'd have to say Evgeny Malkin .....

24GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Sheit, I'd have to say Evgeny Malkin .....

Did I vote already? :^^^^: If I didn't, Malkin gets my vote as well.

25GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The coach of the USSR National Hockey Team, Anatoli Tarasov, once called Bob Gainey 'the best hockey player in the world'.

In his day, Bobby Orr was clearly that player.

I suppose when you look at today's NHL, a player like Henrik Zetterberg might be considered to be that kind of player, but I don't know that he matches Orr or Gainey at their peak.

A real headscratcher, this one.

26GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Alfie! He is always my most outstanding player. He does everything. I know this season was a wash for the Sens, but Alfie always came out to play. He will play through anything, he's amazing at everything he does on the ice. I'm actually surprised that he doesn't get nominated for Selke awards, he is the best defensive forward in the league, IMO.

My close 2nd is Volchenkov. He is the ultimate warrior in this game. He takes the most beatings day in and day out and never says a word about it, never complains, never takes a shift off. He's an awesome Defensive Defenseman, one of the best in the league, and he's starting to learn a more offensive role, and succeeding at it. He will do whatever the coach wants him to do, and he does it for the good of the team.

27GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player - Page 2 Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:21 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ no I didn't pick them because they are Sens...maybe a little...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum