GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nominees - GMHockey Most Outstanding Player

+3
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

GMHockey Most Outstanding Player

Nominees - GMHockey Most Outstanding Player Vote_lcap278%Nominees - GMHockey Most Outstanding Player Vote_rcap2 78% [ 7 ]
Nominees - GMHockey Most Outstanding Player Vote_lcap222%Nominees - GMHockey Most Outstanding Player Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again only two players got more than one vote and you may be surprised by this one.

Malkin and Alfie.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How can it not be Malkin then? I don't know what to say.

alfredsson??

this is Dung. Alfredsson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Malkin, Ovechkin, Crysby, Lecavalier, Iginla, Kovalchuk, Savard, Chara, Lundqvist, Getzlaf, Nash, Zetterburg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, J.Thornton, etc.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:alfredsson??

this is Dung. Alfredsson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Malkin, Ovechkin, Crysby, Lecavalier, Iginla, Kovalchuk, Savard, Chara, Lundqvist, Getzlaf, Nash, Zetterburg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, J.Thornton, etc.

It's a small sample size but of all the nominees only two got more than one vote so those were the nominees. Sorry dude.

Two nominations for Alfie and 4 for Malkin

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Alfie!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:alfredsson??

Wait, wait...Alfredsson is up there with those guys - just not specifically this year. Not mentioned in the same breath? I don't buy it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That's right, that's my vote!

Alfredsson is not an elite player. He's obviously good, he has heart and soul, but he's not one of the leagues top players, let alone the leagues best, any year.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

If these Nominations were worded properly, you might get more accurate answers.

Just a suggestion.

Are these nominations for this year specifically or in general? Playoffs?

If it's in general...my vote stands.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Alfredsson is not an elite player. He's obviously good, he has heart and soul, but he's not one of the leagues top players, let alone the leagues best, any year.

06-07 he proved he was elite. He's not gotten back to that number of points (103), but he hasn't had an injury free season since then. Every bit as good a player as Zetterberg and guys of that ilk.

One could argue that season was a fluke, and that it was the result of the team around him. I like Alfie, but I think we overrate him. Everyone else underrates him, so there's no happy medium.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:One could argue that season was a fluke, and that it was the result of the team around him. I like Alfie, but I think we overrate him. Everyone else underrates him, so there's no happy medium.

Okay, I can buy that. I'd like to think that I don't overrate the guy, but it's entirely possible that I do just because a part of my brain clicks to 'homer' mode.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:If these Nominations were worded properly, you might get more accurate answers.

Just a suggestion.

Are these nominations for this year specifically or in general? Playoffs?

If it's in general...my vote stands.

The nomination process was a month ago, it would have been properly worded then. I believe this was GM's version of the Hart Trophy, so it would have been for this year.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

As much as I love Alfie, Malkin gets my nod here

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Alfredsson is not an elite player. He's obviously good, he has heart and soul, but he's not one of the leagues top players, let alone the leagues best, any year.

Disagree wholeheartedly.

I'm not saying he's flashy like Crosby and Malkin and Ovechkin, but he is right behind them in the elite category. I think he's a better leader than any of these guys at this point.

He does everything! He carries the team, when he's not playing the team is lost. He can score, he can hit, he can assist, he can play with half a body and still be effective.

He is truly an elite player and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum