GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player

+3
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know this could get confused with MVP but this one is just based on who you feel was THE most outstanding player based on pure ability, skill and effectiveness. Disregard what the impact is on their specific team on this one.

- Unknown Author

2GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My vote is for Malkin this season. Consistantly good all season. I thought about Ovechkin but his slow start is what made me go with Malkin.

- Unknown Author

3GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Alfie.

4GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa... That's interesting. If I were to base it off of goals scored and prowess and such, then yeah, the scales could be tipped well in favor of a Malkin or Carter; but what about someone like Ryder or Denis Wideman (who's rating has been a + all season and thus far is a +34)!

Michael Ryder has seen a rejuvenation under Julien and with his new team, and while just a year ago Habs fans were ready to tar and feather him out of town.

Just a thought on my end.

And what about Mason?

5GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:whoa... That's interesting. If I were to base it off of goals scored and prowess and such, then yeah, the scales could be tipped well in favor of a Malkin or Carter; but what about someone like Ryder or Denis Wideman (who's rating has been a + all season and thus far is a +34)!

Michael Ryder has seen a rejuvenation under Julien and with his new team, and while just a year ago Habs fans were ready to tar and feather him out of town.

Just a thought on my end.

And what about Mason?

You need to get off the fence and pick someone dude. We are building a list of nominees out of these threads so we can put the top choices up to a vote and have a GMHockey Awards list Smile

- Unknown Author

6GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HAHA! Alright, I pick Wideman.

Sorry Clutch. Facepalm

7GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I know this could get confused with MVP but this one is just based on who you feel was THE most outstanding player based on pure ability, skill and effectiveness. Disregard what the impact is on their specific team on this one.

Is this GM Hockey's version of the Lady Byng? Smile

8GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I know this could get confused with MVP but this one is just based on who you feel was THE most outstanding player based on pure ability, skill and effectiveness. Disregard what the impact is on their specific team on this one.

Is this GM Hockey's version of the Lady Byng? Smile

No. More like the Lester B. Pearson but that one is voted on by players so I didn't want to use that title.

- Unknown Author

9GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Mike Richards, heart and soul of the Philadelphia Flyers, they would be nothing without him hitting, scoring shorthanders, and just plain being a leader.

10GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:Mike Richards, heart and soul of the Philadelphia Flyers, they would be nothing without him hitting, scoring shorthanders, and just plain being a leader.

I think you're talking about the MVP here dude. Take out impact on team on this one. Just THE most outstanding in the entire league.

- Unknown Author

11GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Mike Richards, heart and soul of the Philadelphia Flyers, they would be nothing without him hitting, scoring shorthanders, and just plain being a leader.

I think you're talking about the MVP here dude. Take out impact on team on this one. Just THE most outstanding in the entire league.

touche, I withdraw my submission until I can actually read the directions, funny enough, my teachers used to say the same thing. Back to the old drawing board.

12GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

touche, I withdraw my submission until I can actually read the directions, funny enough, my teachers used to say the same thing. Back to the old drawing board.

Ah directions. That's one thing that always gets me into trouble. I ruin things or take twice as long because I hate reading directions. Facepalm

- Unknown Author

13GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Without a doubt AO. Greatest show on ice !!

14GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Malkin. I'm tired of listening to everyone talk about Ovechkin with his flaccid penis in their mouthes. Ovechkin played for the most part with Backstrom and Semin this season. My dead grandmother could pile up points with these linemates. I'm not trying to sell Ovechkin short, because he is immensely talented, but Malkin had more points and he played the majority of the year with Petr Sykora and some other scrub. 'Nuff said. Having said that, I'd take Jarome Iginla over either of those two every single time.

15GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Empty Re: GMHockey - Most Outstanding Player Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I looked at it as who is the most outstanding player to watch. Ovechkin is in my opinion the most exciting player today. Malkin quits on too many shifts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum