GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets

+6
davetherave
PKC
caissie_1
Cronie
PTFlea
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

31Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Carolina just scored! If they hang on to win then Heater doesn't get the
bonus for picking them in 6. Then if I get Caps in 7 and Hawks in 6 I
get 1st place. And if the Canes make the come back complete, look out!

squirrel Crying

32Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually, I should qualify that. I would like to lead the bracket pool of course, but a big part of me wants to see Carolina carry on.

You see the conflict!!? Ahhhhh!

33Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Freakin' jerks LOL. The only round 1 I got dead on was Pittsburgh which wasn't looking good early. Rangers and Devils were supposed to win yesterday 🇬🇬

34Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The last two series wrap up tonight. With the Hawks winning in 6 I've got a slight lead over SensGirl and Cap'n.

Here are all the possible outcomes and who's in the lead in each case:

NYR7, NJD7: Cap'n(19), Cronie(18), Caissie(17)
NYR7,CAR7: Caissie_1(19), wprager(18), SensGirl+Cap'n(17)
WAS7,NJD7: wprager(19), 504Heater+pgood(18)
WAS7,CAR7: wprager(21), SensGirl(19), Sennies(18)

Go Caps!

Smile

35Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, by the way, here's the bracket. The West match ups have been decided, the East hinges on tonight's outcomes.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2009/bracket/bracket.html

Anaheim vs. Detroit
Chicago vs. Vancouver

In the East there are plenty of possibilities. Boston will be at home against either Carolina, New York or Pittsburgh. That's the easy one, at least we know that Boston will start at home. In the other series it could be Washington hosting either New Jersey or Pittsburgh, or Pittsburgh hosting Carolina, or New Jersey hosting Pittsburgh.

When all the match ups have been decided and I have made my picks I will send out a PM asking for your picks. Puck drop will be the deadline. In order to keep it on the up and up, I'll have to send my picks to an impartial party Wednesday. Please don't send me your picks until I ask for them.

36Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:05 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

OK Prags, now that the Hawks have won--which is the only series that really mattered for me LOL...explain please how the playoff pool works.....

:D: here come the Hawks!

37Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I do believe I picked Anaheim in 6 and Chicago in 6...

I can't remember who I picked for NYR/WASH or Devils/Canes.

Pretty exciting stuff though! WOO HOO!!

38Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, here's the bracket. The West match ups have been decided, the East hinges on tonight's outcomes.

Anaheim vs. Detroit
Chicago vs. Vancouver

In the East there are plenty of possibilities. Boston will be at home against either Carolina, New York or Pittsburgh. That's the easy one, at least we know that Boston will start at home. In the other series it could be Washington hosting either New Jersey or Pittsburgh, or Pittsburgh hosting Carolina, or New Jersey hosting Pittsburgh.

When all the match ups have been decided and I have made my picks I will send out a PM asking for your picks. Puck drop will be the deadline. In order to keep it on the up and up, I'll have to send my picks to an impartial party Wednesday. Please don't send me your picks until I ask for them.

Sorry prags. I sent my West picks already but I'll re-send all of them together when asked.

- Unknown Author

39Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:I do believe I picked Anaheim in 6 and Chicago in 6...

I can't remember who I picked for NYR/WASH or Devils/Canes.

Pretty exciting stuff though! WOO HOO!!

I had Boston in 5, Rangers in 6, Pittsburgh in 6, Devils in 6

Hawks in 7, Nucks in 5, Wings in 5, and SJ in 6. So if the Devils and Rangers hang on I'm in decent shape.

- Unknown Author

40Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:43 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa... This is a tough one...

Hiller vs. Osgood; or more appropriately, Hiller v.s. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmstrom, et al?

Damn... Anaheim in 6? or Detroit in 6? ARGGH!!!! I hate these mind-f**ks! LMAO!!

41Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:whoa... This is a tough one...

Hiller vs. Osgood; or more appropriately, Hiller v.s. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Holmstrom, et al?

Damn... Anaheim in 6? or Detroit in 6? ARGGH!!!! I hate these mind-f**ks! LMAO!!

I've got Detroit in 6. Once bitten twice shy or whatever the correct saying is here. Detroit will be ready for the Duck BS.

- Unknown Author

42Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do you really think so Clutch?
There is a LOT to be said for Wang and such... Anaheim is riding a HIGH, and so are Detroit being the defending champs and having disposed of the Blue Jackets so quickly, etc...

I think Anaheim might give them a very tough fight.
And I know I may take a beating on this (I am however humble and modest and if wrong, I'll gladly accept it and admit as much) but I'll put my $$ on Hiller as opposed to Osgood.

43Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:06 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Oh, by the way, here's the bracket. The West match ups have been decided, the East hinges on tonight's outcomes.

Anaheim vs. Detroit
Chicago vs. Vancouver

Holy Moly! I can't believe that the one team I thought Chicago could beat in the 2nd round, is the team they are meeting.

This 2nd round is going to be BRUTAL! Anaheim Detroit, watch the F out! Chicago/Van will go to 7 probably..or 6 for Chicago...I'm telling you, there's something about this Chicago team this year..

44Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Anaheim in 7

Chicago in 7

45Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

davetherave wrote:Anaheim in 7

Chicago in 7

That seems accurate. Let's see if it happens. I think Anaheim are too hot right now to take down, and I will say the same for Chicago. They both had a mad battle in round 1 and they will both have less rest than the 2 other teams, which I think can work in their favor. Rest isn't always the best medicine in the playoffs.

46Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:46 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vancouver in 6

Anaheim in 6.

47Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Anaheim in 7

Chicago in 7

That seems accurate. Let's see if it happens. I think Anaheim are too hot right now to take down, and I will say the same for Chicago. They both had a mad battle in round 1 and they will both have less rest than the 2 other teams, which I think can work in their favor. Rest isn't always the best medicine in the playoffs.

Ottawa had tonnes of rest during their Cup run and the only time it came into question was the last round when the Finals were delayed so much that they had 10 or 11 days off which I don't think was the major reason for the loss.

- Unknown Author

48Prager's Brackets - Page 3 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do we put our predictions for Round 2 here?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum