GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets

+6
davetherave
PKC
caissie_1
Cronie
PTFlea
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Send in your pics next time. :^^^^:

Like I said, I didn't make a pick, and I'm not making one.

How're ya doin' in the pool?

Better than Maggie :n:

167Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:I've decided not to make a pick for the Finals is all. Like a number of others.

And I haven't given anyone the right to make a pick for me.

So I want my name taken off the list for the pool.

That simple. So if anyone wants my points, they are welcome to take them.
OK.

168Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 6:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dave, I've changed your "pick" to "ABST". Updated spreadsheet has been uploaded to the usual spot. You'd have to talk to an admin to remove your name from the group mailing list. As for assigning your points to someone else, I hope you were not being serious. Hockey may be a team sport, but bracket pools are not. There will be no pooling of resources here.

169Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So... wprager and cassie_1 have different picks meaning that cassie_1 can win the pool if Detroit wins in 6. Otherwise, it's wprager's pool.

DTR - did you drop out because there was no chance at winning it?

170Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:So... wprager and cassie_1 have different picks meaning that cassie_1 can win the pool if Detroit wins in 6. Otherwise, it's wprager's pool.

DTR - did you drop out because there was no chance at winning it?

I have not done a detailed analysis, but if Pittsburgh wins the next four (snicker-snarf) then Cap'n Clutch rises to the top, with dennycrane a distant second. I'd pull down third. Same order if it goes to the Pens in seven.

Detroit can now afford to sit Datsyuk out another game or even both games. They've already assured themselves of at least a best of 5 with home ice advantage. They have a legitimate shot at taking one in Pittsburgh even with Pavel not playing, and if it's game five in Detroit with the Cup waiting down the hall there isn't much Pittsburgh will be able to do to stem that tide.

If Pittsburgh somehow pushes it to game six I believe we'll have a game 7.

171Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I have not done a detailed analysis, but if Pittsburgh wins the next four (snicker-snarf) then Cap'n Clutch rises to the top, with dennycrane a distant second. I'd pull down third. Same order if it goes to the Pens in seven.

Obviously I was way off in my choice and prediction but I certainly wasn't alone. Have a look at the poll results. Pens in 6 was the most popular choice so Razz .

- Unknown Author

172Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I have not done a detailed analysis, but if Pittsburgh wins the next four (snicker-snarf) then Cap'n Clutch rises to the top, with dennycrane a distant second. I'd pull down third. Same order if it goes to the Pens in seven.
My bad... I made the assumption that Detroit would win the series. Bad me.

173Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:I have not done a detailed analysis, but if Pittsburgh wins the next four (snicker-snarf) then Cap'n Clutch rises to the top, with dennycrane a distant second. I'd pull down third. Same order if it goes to the Pens in seven.
My bad... I made the assumption that Detroit would win the series. Bad me.

The Wings will still likely win but the Fat lady has gone into hiding for a bit now hasn't she? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

174Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, there are three possible outcomes left. Here is the analysis:

1. Detroit wins tomorrow (DET6):
caissie_1: 1st place with 66 points
wprager: 2nd with 63
Bramlet07: 3rd with 58

2. Detroit loses tomorrow but wins game 7 (DET7):
wprager: 1st with 71
Bramlet07: 2nd with 66
Sennies1980: 3rd with 64

3. Pittsburgh wins remaining two games (PIT7):
Cap'n Clutch: 1st with 57
dennycrane: 2nd with 53
wprager: 3rd with 47

Funny, I am guaranteed a top-three finish. One of each. Is that picking for the cycle?

175Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:p:

176Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote::p:
squirrel

:^^^:

177Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^:

178Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Leftie :^^^: squirrel

- Unknown Author

179Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Leftie :^^^: squirrel

Now, that's just wrong. He looks like he (she?) is enjoying it.

180Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Leftie :^^^: squirrel

Now, that's just wrong. He looks like he (she?) is enjoying it.

Wrong? Sure. Funny? I think so. :n:

- Unknown Author

181Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So Pragues it's all down to you or me for all the marbles. May the best Poolie win. Cheers

- Unknown Author

182Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Good luck guy's... I came close Sad

183Prager's Brackets - Page 12 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:Good luck guy's... I came close Sad

Go Wings!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum