GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets

+6
davetherave
PKC
caissie_1
Cronie
PTFlea
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

151Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Fri May 29, 2009 9:49 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Prags may just hold off and be the last to vote...

Well, if you all follow the instructions and PMs their picks to Hemlock it really would not matter much, will it?
Smart man...

cool)

152Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 am

I have 7 picks. Still waiting on the others....get em in. I'll post what I've got in a little bit.

153Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 6:05 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:I have 7 picks. Still waiting on the others....get em in. I'll post what I've got in a little bit.

I still have 2 hours plus a minute or two. Puck will not drop until 8:05 at the earliest. Maggie made her picks earlier, and I just checked and Ferraro finally made his. Both Ray and Maggie went with the Pens to make it a more respectable 3-2 split.

I am still mulling things over. Maybe I'll tune in to the HNIC pre-game show to see if they have the pre-game skate on. Datsyuk has missed three games now and was still -- reportedly -- not skating hard at last practice. That's not a bruise, it's got to be a break. Still, Sid played with a break two years ago -- today's medicines do wonders.

154Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Uh-oh, just read Ice Chips. Datsyuk will not be in game 1. Since the second game is tomorrow night, I have a feeling he'll miss that one as well. On the other hand, made this is where Hossa steps up.

Edit: Draper's out as well, although he's close -- he'll be taking the warm up with the rest of the team.

155Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 6:09 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:I have 7 picks. Still waiting on the others....get em in. I'll post what I've got in a little bit.

I still have 2 hours plus a minute or two. Puck will not drop until 8:05 at the earliest. Maggie made her picks earlier, and I just checked and Ferraro finally made his. Both Ray and Maggie went with the Pens to make it a more respectable 3-2 split.

I am still mulling things over. Maybe I'll tune in to the HNIC pre-game show to see if they have the pre-game skate on. Datsyuk has missed three games now and was still -- reportedly -- not skating hard at last practice. That's not a bruise, it's got to be a break. Still, Sid played with a break two years ago -- today's medicines do wonders.

You keep waiting maybe something will happen and you will forget and then the game will start and Bammmm Ive got a chance.

156Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 6:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:
You keep waiting maybe something will happen and you will forget and then the game will start and Bammmm Ive got a chance.

Not unless you picked Detroit in 7, too. ... 'cause that would be my pick if I forget. *If* you picked Detroit, and *if* you didn't pick it in 7, your only chance would be that it doesn't go the full 7, and that it does go the number of games you picked.

Oh, and with Datsyuk still injured enough to miss game (and probably game 2) they aren't winning it in 5, and I don't see them winning on the road. I still think this series is going 7, which definitely favors Detroit. Unless, of course, they pick up some more injuries along the way.

157Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 8:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I just sent my picks in to Hemlock. Surprisingly, after all the hemming and hawing, I ended up with what my pick would have been a week ago.

158Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sat May 30, 2009 8:23 pm

wprager wrote:OK, I just sent my picks in to Hemlock. Surprisingly, after all the hemming and hawing, I ended up with what my pick would have been a week ago.

Here are the Finals Picks I received:

Cap 'N Clutch: Pit in 6
dennycrane: Pit in 5
SensGirl11: Det in 7
504Heater: Det in 7
Cronie: Det in 6
caissie_1: Det in 6
pgood: Det in 5
TGWTM: Det in 5
wprager: Det in 7

That's all I received. Although I think it's too close to call with the Wings injury problems, I am surprised there weren't more people picking Sid and Geno's posse. Anyhow...good luck all.

159Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 8:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And the picks are all in. The updated spreadsheet can be downloaded here:
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/955066/2009_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

Interesting how, in the series prediction thread the votes are split 7-7. Over here it is 11-2 in Detroit's favor. Even with Datsyuk out.

Granted, 4 of those are automatic picks (no picks received by puck drop time), but even without those, it's still an impressive majority.

At this point in time the only outcome that has been eliminated is PIT4, which no-one picked, so it's a little early to post detailed analyses. I'll probably drop by later today to put in a quick summary.

160Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:And the picks are all in. The updated spreadsheet can be downloaded here:

Interesting how, in the series prediction thread the votes are split 7-7. Over here it is 11-2 in Detroit's favor. Even with Datsyuk out.

Granted, 4 of those are automatic picks (no picks received by puck drop time), but even without those, it's still an impressive majority.

At this point in time the only outcome that has been eliminated is PIT4, which no-one picked, so it's a little early to post detailed analyses. I'll probably drop by later today to put in a quick summary.

I did not pick Detroit in 7, and have chosen not to make a pick in this round. Therefore, do not assign a pick to me, and please remove me from the bracket pool. You can assign my points to another participant. Thanks.

161Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 9:07 am

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:And the picks are all in. The updated spreadsheet can be downloaded here:

I did not pick Detroit in 7, and have chosen not to make a pick in this round. Therefore, do not assign a pick to me, and please remove me from the bracket pool. You can assign my points to another participant. Thanks.

Send in your pics next time. :^^^^:

162Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:I did not pick Detroit in 7, and have chosen not to make a pick in this round. Therefore, do not assign a pick to me, and please remove me from the bracket pool. You can assign my points to another participant. Thanks.
Why the change?

163Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:I did not pick Detroit in 7, and have chosen not to make a pick in this round. Therefore, do not assign a pick to me, and please remove me from the bracket pool. You can assign my points to another participant. Thanks.
Why the change?

Still recovering from the Hawks being eliminated? Wink

164Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Why the change?

Still recovering from the Hawks being eliminated? Wink

Ha ha, you mean of course that I'm still enjoying the fact that the Blackhawks got to the Conference Finals. Which I am.

cool) Smile :___:

I've decided not to make a pick for the Finals is all. Like a number of others.

And I haven't given anyone the right to make a pick for me.

So I want my name taken off the list for the pool.

That simple. So if anyone wants my points, they are welcome to take them.

165Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:09 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Send in your pics next time. :^^^^:

Like I said, I didn't make a pick, and I'm not making one.

How're ya doin' in the pool?

166Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

davetherave wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Send in your pics next time. :^^^^:

Like I said, I didn't make a pick, and I'm not making one.

How're ya doin' in the pool?

Better than Maggie :n:

167Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 1:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:I've decided not to make a pick for the Finals is all. Like a number of others.

And I haven't given anyone the right to make a pick for me.

So I want my name taken off the list for the pool.

That simple. So if anyone wants my points, they are welcome to take them.
OK.

168Prager's Brackets - Page 11 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets Sun May 31, 2009 6:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dave, I've changed your "pick" to "ABST". Updated spreadsheet has been uploaded to the usual spot. You'd have to talk to an admin to remove your name from the group mailing list. As for assigning your points to someone else, I hope you were not being serious. Hockey may be a team sport, but bracket pools are not. There will be no pooling of resources here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum