GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens this season's 'Biggest Disappointment'

+6
davetherave
LeCaptain
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
dennycrane
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just to get back to this thread topic. I don't believe the Sens were this Season's biggest dissapointment personally. I thought they'd make the playoffs but in 7th or 8th. They sit in 12th right now. I would suggest that perhaps Dallas is a bigger dissappointment. Weren't the Stars pegged as a top 4 team? That's a pretty big drop from expectations to reality.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just to get back to this thread topic. I don't believe the Sens were this Season's biggest dissapointment personally. I thought they'd make the playoffs but in 7th or 8th. They sit in 12th right now. I would suggest that perhaps Dallas is a bigger dissappointment. Weren't the Stars pegged as a top 4 team? That's a pretty big drop from expectations to reality.

I would agree Dallas is a much bigger disappointment this year than the Senators...as they were indeed picked to be among the frontrunners in the West, and a Cup contender.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just to get back to this thread topic. I don't believe the Sens were this Season's biggest dissapointment personally. I thought they'd make the playoffs but in 7th or 8th. They sit in 12th right now. I would suggest that perhaps Dallas is a bigger dissappointment. Weren't the Stars pegged as a top 4 team? That's a pretty big drop from expectations to reality.

Richards and Morrow both injured, Ottawa's stars were healthy most of the year.

There is no doubt Ottawa was this years biggest disapointment, same as last year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

There is no doubt Ottawa was this years biggest disapointment, same as last year.

Still disagree with you. A healthy Sens squad projected in the 7th 8th spot and ending up in 11th or 12th is not nearly as dissapointing as a Dallas team projected in the top 3 as a legitimate Cup contender ending up in 12th.

- Unknown Author

Neely4Life wrote:

Conference Final to Chumps... Dallas hands down the biggest disappointment (thank fatso Brett Hull). Ottawa sucked last year and were ousted in a hurry from the playoffs. They continued to suck while Dallas just started sucking... And BTW, the future is much brighter now in Ottawa than it is in Big D.

Sens by the hockey news and others were projected to be around 4th or 5th in the East honestly. On top of that the Sens play in a much weaker conferance.

They didnt have to deal with the whole Avery thing or the injuries they have had.

Can you imagine if Ottawa lost Alfi? We would have been in 14th or 15th garenteed. Dallas lost both their top 2 forwards and had shoty goaltending from Turco most of the year. Their season was a disapointment after over achieving last year, but there is no way that the Stars failed as miserably as the Sens.

The Sens have no excuses why they are not in the playoffs, I can think about 4 or 5 good ones for the Stars.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Sens by the hockey news and others were projected to be around 4th or 5th in the East honestly. On top of that the Sens play in a much weaker conferance.

They didnt have to deal with the whole Avery thing or the injuries they have had.

Can you imagine if Ottawa lost Alfi? We would have been in 14th or 15th garenteed. Dallas lost both their top 2 forwards and had shoty goaltending from Turco most of the year. Their season was a disapointment after over achieving last year, but there is no way that the Stars failed as miserably as the Sens.

The Sens have no excuses why they are not in the playoffs, I can think about 4 or 5 good ones for the Stars.

N4L, agree with you re: the injuries being a factor in the Stars' collapse this year.

On the other hand, St Louis lost its top defensemen and several top forwards, and yet Andy Murray has brought them back in a huge playoff push.

But Dallas blew it. Injuries aside, they played like crap, and the players admitted as much. And signing Avery has to rank as one of the dumbest moves Dallas management could have possibly made.

That certainly doesn't make Ottawa's demise any less of a disappointment, especially after Murray and Melnyk's vacuous public declarations of 'being tougher to play against', 'this is a playoff team, a Cup contender' and 'miracle turnaround'.

But then, it's all relative, right?

Basically. Personally I always felt Dallas has been over rated even getting the the WCF last year, I thought it was a BS run.

I would put them and the Sens on the same level in terms of too much tallent, not enough heart or characater. Thus where my caparisson of Spezza and Ribero comes in as well.

I would very much say the stars are the biggest disappointment in the West and are very similar to the Sens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum