GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Report Card: Your Turn

+4
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
asq2
davetherave
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza's been the most consistent, if you want to get technical. He's a 30 some odd goal scorer, and has done that, again. Heatley's a 40+ and is likely not going to reach that. Also, most of our scoring in this huge late season push has come from Spezza. He's developing a lot better and becoming more effective under C.C. as Neely mentioned.

Alfie is still Alfie. Heatley needs to learn from Spezza and develop, even more so because he is older and is wearing an "A". Right now, Spezza's looking more deserving of an "A".

Foligno's still young and can only get better. He's a big, strong player that is exactly what we need playing with Spezza and Alfie/Heatley.

17Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I disagree with Mike Foligno's grade Wink Seriously I know you meant Nick and I still disagree. I would say overall he gets a B because his first 40 + games were a D+ and the rest of the season was A+

Fixed Smile

Still need YOUR report card Cap :pirat:

OK, I like how this is going...

And to answer the questions from ASQ and N4L...re: Comrie, Spezza.

Comrie gets a B because IMHO he is what he is. He's no better or worse than I expected.

Mr Spezza, on the other hand...sooo much talent...so WTF? Last year, +26, 6 GWGs, this year -10, 3 GWGs...shooting percentage off by 3 points...a model of inconsistency--in the intensity level and focus departments--all year long. You get the big contract, you deliver. That's it, that's all. Therefore, a C.

Looking forward to YOUR Sens Report Cards!

cheers

18Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:03 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Was that too long? Laughing3

Excellent, 504H--you lead by example :D

19Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Dave, Spezza's stats this year can hardly be held against him... aside from his actual points. But +/- and GWG isn't fair to use against him as the entire team has been bad for most of the season. He can only score GWG's when the team wins. I'm not up to date with all the stats, but Spezza's got 30+ goals or what not and while his assists are lacking (mainly due to decreased scoring by teammates) he is still scoring consistently for his average.

20Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Dave, Spezza's stats this year can hardly be held against him... aside from his actual points. But +/- and GWG isn't fair to use against him as the entire team has been bad for most of the season. He can only score GWG's when the team wins. I'm not up to date with all the stats, but Spezza's got 30+ goals or what not and while his assists are lacking (mainly due to decreased scoring by teammates) he is still scoring consistently for his average.

Your quite eloquent explanations are admirable... but the decision has been rendered based on dollars spent for performance provided by this individual...

Still looking for your Sens Report Card, Dash... cool)

21Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, Dave, but I've got to go with Tuk's grades. Pretty much what I would have given, if I weren't too lazy busy.

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Forwards

Alfredsson- B+
Comrie- C+
Donovan- B
Fisher- C+
Nick Foligno- A-
Heatley- C-
Kelly- B-
Neil- B-
Ruutu- B
Shannon- A-
Spezza- B
Winchester- B-

Defense

Bell- B+
Campoli- B
Kuba- A
Lee- D+
Phillips- C+
Schubert- C-
Volchenkov- A-

Goalies

Auld- B
Elliott- B+

22Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:55 pm

I thought I was being too hard on them :^^^:

23Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
Dash wrote:Dave, Spezza's stats this year can hardly be held against him... aside from his actual points. But +/- and GWG isn't fair to use against him as the entire team has been bad for most of the season. He can only score GWG's when the team wins. I'm not up to date with all the stats, but Spezza's got 30+ goals or what not and while his assists are lacking (mainly due to decreased scoring by teammates) he is still scoring consistently for his average.

Your quite eloquent explanations are admirable... but the decision has been rendered based on dollars spent for performance provided by this individual...

If $$ was taken into account there's now way Comrie ($4M?) gets a B. No way!

24Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:I thought I was being too hard on them :^^^:

No, not at all. As much as I love Alfie, this was not a great year for him. We are grading based on performance versus expectations, with some salary consideration thrown in. Fisher (along with Vermette and Gerber) likely cost us a playoff spot. Foligno (first half) was a floater with potential. On and on and on. The only ones that should be considered for As are the pleasant surprises like Shannon, Elliott and Kuba. A-Train is A-Train. He's great at what he does, which is not much, really. Like I explained in another thread, the name of the game is preventing the other team from scoring, and Kuba does that better for less.

Now, in the post season, A-Train's bone crushing hits could have an effect on flashy forwards in games 3 through 7. For that reason A-Train's stock goes up over Kuba's in the playoffs.

25Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

My dear friend Prager...Mr Comrie did not cost the Sens $4M, but a portion...and he has done what he does, as anticipated. But strictly on dollars, you make an excellent point. This is why I said what I said...at $2MM, maybe. Please re-read my Comrie comment...

And we await YOUR Sens Report Card!
cool)

26Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think it's pretty difficult to give a grade over the full season. The Hartsburg and Clouston periods have been completely different thus far.

27Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

My dear friend Prager...Mr Comrie did not cost the Sens $4M, but a portion...and he has done what he does, as anticipated. But strictly on dollars, you make an excellent point. This is why I said what I said...at $2MM, maybe. Please re-read my Comrie comment...

And we await YOUR Sens Report Card!
cool)

Tukker with the Mustache posted mine Smile

28Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Alfi - A
Spezza - B-
Heatley - C-
Fisher - C
Foligno - B+
Shannon - B+
Kelly - C
Comrie - C
Winchester - C
Donovan - B
Neil - C+
Ruutu B

Kuba - A
Phillips - B-
A Train - B+
Lee - F
Bell - B
Picard - C
Campolli - B-
Schubert - D

Elliott - A-
Auld - B

29Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, you're harsh on Heatley -- I like that Smile Personally I would have given him a C because, after all, he's leading the team in goals.

You really don't like Lee and his 1st round position is affecting his mark. Mind you, at his salary (including bonuses) maybe that's what he deserves.

I think you're also a bit harsh on Wichester. Can you explain why?

30Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:27 pm

My Grades are based purely on expectations, which oviously involves past performance, experience and salary:
Alfi - B-
Spezza - C
Heatley - C-
Fisher - C
Foligno - B
Shannon - A-
Kelly - C-
Comrie - C-
Winchester - C
Donovan - A-
Neil - C
Ruutu C

Kuba - C+
Phillips - C+
A Train - B
Lee - D
Bell - A-
Picard - D
Campolli - B
Schubert - Inc

Elliott - A
Auld - B

31Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Heatley fails to show up on way too many nights. He puts the puck in the net, but being the highest paid player in the league this year, he has almost been a failure.

Lee is awful, he isnt ready to be in the NHL, and as an NHL player this year he has failed. Easily the worst player in Ottawa.

WInchester has been average, nothing special, not bad, average.

32Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm

RobbyJ wrote:My Grades are based purely on expectations, which oviously involves past performance, experience and salary:
Alfi - B-
Spezza - C
Heatley - C-
Fisher - C
Foligno - B
Shannon - A-
Kelly - C-
Comrie - C-
Winchester - C
Donovan - A-
Neil - C
Ruutu C

Kuba - C+
Phillips - C+
A Train - B
Lee - D
Bell - A-
Picard - D
Campolli - B
Schubert - Inc

Elliott - A
Auld - B

What did you expect from Kuba? He has been the teams best defenseman by a large margin.

33Sens Report Card: Your Turn - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens Report Card: Your Turn Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:33 pm

wprager wrote:Tukker with the Mustache posted mine Smile
does this have anything to do with your fear of your memory leaving? Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum