GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette's turn to get frustrated

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vermette's turn to get frustrated Empty Vermette's turn to get frustrated Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I find it funny that all those playrs get frustrated one after the other. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/02/7604041-sun.html

"It didn't come from us, in his own mind he thought that he had to do more offensively whether it's because of the new contract, or whatever. We need to get Antoine playing the same kind of game he's played the last couple of years. In the last four or five games he could have easily had four or five goals. If he has a better mindset of 'I have to be a good, honest two-way player,' he'll score," said the coach

2Vermette's turn to get frustrated Empty Re: Vermette's turn to get frustrated Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:15 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I find it funny that all those playrs get frustrated one after the other. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/12/02/7604041-sun.html

"It didn't come from us, in his own mind he thought that he had to do more offensively whether it's because of the new contract, or whatever. We need to get Antoine playing the same kind of game he's played the last couple of years. In the last four or five games he could have easily had four or five goals. If he has a better mindset of 'I have to be a good, honest two-way player,' he'll score," said the coach

Hartsburg is being a little disingenuous here with that comment about pressure on Vermette to score "didn't come from us." Murray has said repeatedly, and in public, that he expects more of Vermette because of that contract, and that's obviously hanging on Vermette's mind.

Unless Hartsburg meant "me and my coaching staff" when he said that...

3Vermette's turn to get frustrated Empty Re: Vermette's turn to get frustrated Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Missing the net has been one of the many issues this team has. I'm glad he's pissed at missing the net. More pucks on the net = more chances.

I see we're on pace for a near record low goals this season. 194 projected which is the third lowest total in our history not counting the shortened lockout year.

Yikes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum