GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread

+9
LeCaptain
davetherave
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
caissie_1
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Great kid...small guy who plays big. Gives two hundred per cent on every shift.

Even better live.

17The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:36 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:KKK: Another great game...I love this kid, I really do. Adds a great combo of speed and agility. Keep it up!

18The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:53 am

Hard to believe we picked him up for a spare part that has since been waived. It's also hard to believe that with his game, it's taken this long to find a home in the NHL. I'll take it though. Our gain is Anaheim and Vancouver's loss.

19The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Hard to believe we picked him up for a spare part that has since been waived. It's also hard to believe that with his game, it's taken this long to find a home in the NHL. I'll take it though. Our gain is Anaheim and Vancouver's loss.

I don't get it either. I really don't...is this astute scouting by Murray and co. - or just poor asset management by the Canucks? I'll take it as well though! :##:

20The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 am

Heater, is the home for each recognition thread in the team discussion forum i.e. this one is in...

:: Around the Forum in 30 teams :: Northeast :: Ottawa Centaurs

A Mike Komisarek one would land in...

:: Around the Forum in 30 teams :: Northeast :: Montreal InHABitants

Just checkin'

21The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's a little too early to tell he's a bonafide top six NHLer isn't it? Even if he is it's probably due to his size that he was never taken seriously and bounced from the Minors to the NHL in all three teams he's been with so far.

- Unknown Author

22The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:Heater, is the home for each recognition thread in the team discussion forum i.e. this one is in...

Just checkin'

Sounds good, yeah. That way people can access them easily if they want to make one or comment on a player.

EDIT: Are you making one?

23The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 am

504Heater wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Heater, is the home for each recognition thread in the team discussion forum i.e. this one is in...

Just checkin'

Sounds good, yeah. That way people can access them easily if they want to make one or comment on a player.

EDIT: Are you making one?

I will write one or two in a couple of days. A Heater-written recognition thread is just a tough act to follow...

24The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
I will write one or two in a couple of days. A Heater-written recognition thread is just a tough act to follow...

:oops: Aww MOI....

25The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 pm

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:Hard to believe we picked him up for a spare part that has since been waived. It's also hard to believe that with his game, it's taken this long to find a home in the NHL. I'll take it though. Our gain is Anaheim and Vancouver's loss.

I don't get it either. I really don't...is this astute scouting by Murray and co. - or just poor asset management by the Canucks? I'll take it as well though! :##:

Murray was the guy who found him in Anahiem too.

26The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Murray was the guy who found him in Anahiem too.

True enough. I guess he wanted him back - and it ended up costing us nothing. Very nice.

27The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For all the talk that Murray loves his big strong Canadian boys he sure doesn't shy away from getting small skilled players with his draft pick of E. Karlsson and his trades to pick up Comrie and Campoli and the swap that brought in Shannon.

- Unknown Author

28The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:For all the talk that Murray loves his big strong Canadian boys he sure doesn't shy away from getting small skilled players with his draft pick of E. Karlsson and his trades to pick up Comrie and Campoli and the swap that brought in Shannon.

He has his preference, he would take a Getzlaf over a kovalchuk for instance, or a Schenn over MPS, but that doesnt mean he would take a Cowen over Hedman either. There are other factors. Team needs a PMD? he drafts the best PMD available in Karlsson.
Also, he said that the fact that we have already guys like Philips, Fisher, Foligno, Winchester, Smith, Donovan in the physical department, he is more tempted to get skilled and fast guys.

29The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:17 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

I think then, in recognition of Ryan Shannon, and as part tribute to an earlier comment by 504Heater that Shannon, should somehow hook up with Sophia Bush.

Then Shannon is rewarded for his efforts, Bush gets a hockey player (cause what girl wouldn't want one) and the fans are rewarded with another beauty in the press box.

Everyone wins...

On a more related note, I remember watching Shannon when he played his first stint in Anaheim and I was rather disappointed when they let him go, I couldn't figure it out. Glad to have him on board here in Ottawa now.

30The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Who knows...getting some Bush might even elevate Shannon's game more. Smile

31The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

How in the world did we ever get Ryan Shannon for that useless pillock Lawrence Nycholat?

32The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:How in the world did we ever get Ryan Shannon for that useless pillock Lawrence Nycholat?

Can I say "vindicated" yet?

Go back to the Nycholat / Shannon thread, wherever it is, and you'll see how I was stoked I was about BM picking VAN's pocket...

8)

33The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another really strong game for Shannon tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum