GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon coming up

+11
COLLAR UP
BigRig
Cronie
smash88
pgood
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Laker
PKC
mattshock
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to the Team 1200 and other sources, it's Ryan Shannon coming up to replace Jarkko Ruutu.

2Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:53 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Can't wait to see this guy in action!!

3Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:Can't wait to see this guy in action!!

Uh...don't get too excited. He's ripping up the AHL, but...he's a little, little dude.

4Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why not Zubov? I don't understand.

5Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

PKC wrote:Why not Zubov? I don't understand.

I was hoping Zubov as well. Maybe Shannon is actually playing better.

6Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Im so sick of hearing size as an excuse, its BS. If you can play, you can play. There are a lot of guys in this league under 6 foot who can put up the points and play an effecrive game.

7Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Why not Zubov? I don't understand.

The way I see it PKC, is that if we can get a full year of these young guys playing in the AHL and learning the rigors of the game, the scheduling, the travel and still have them tearing it up, it might come in mighty handy for next year when McAmmond could be gone, Kelly, Vermette, Neil etc. We can almost take Z.Smith and Zubov, right from training camp and plant them on line 3 together. Instant chemistry. And maybe we get lucky and Shannon shows the same awesome - AWESOME - chemistry as he's shown already with them.

If you call Zubov up to play the Isles Thursday and Saturday, do you know how many AHL games he'd miss? 5. The B-Sens have 5 games from now until Sunday. I'd personally rather him play - and play hard for the B-Sens - and continue ripping it up with Z.Smith.

Plus, Regin isn't back yet. The hope might be to unite the 3 of them and have them come into Ottawa next year as one cohesive unit.

I guess my idea is to wait until we're 100% sure that Zubov and Smith are ready for the NHL so they don't come up and flounder like Nikulin, Lee, Foligno and to some degree even Zubov in his one call up last year.

Plus, you're raping Bingo if you call him up. He's been on for 23 of 24 PP goals scored and they're competing hard for a playoff spot.

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Im so sick of hearing size as an excuse, its BS. If you can play, you can play. There are a lot of guys in this league under 6 foot who can put up the points and play an effecrive game.

Yeah...but he's tinny weeny. Like 5'8, 170. I'm a little worried.

9Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:07 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:The way I see it PKC, is that if we can get a full year of these young guys playing in the AHL and learning the rigors of the game, the scheduling, the travel and still have them tearing it up, it might come in mighty handy for next year when McAmmond could be gone, Kelly, Vermette, Neil etc. We can almost take Z.Smith and Zubov, right from training camp and plant them on line 3 together. Instant chemistry. And maybe we get lucky and Shannon shows the same awesome - AWESOME - chemistry as he's shown already with them.

If you call Zubov up to play the Isles Thursday and Saturday, do you know how many AHL games he'd miss? 5. The B-Sens have 5 games from now until Sunday. I'd personally rather him play - and play hard for the B-Sens - and continue ripping it up with Z.Smith.

Plus, Regin isn't back yet. The hope might be to unite the 3 of them and have them come into Ottawa next year as one cohesive unit.

I guess my idea is to wait until we're 100% sure that Zubov and Smith are ready for the NHL so they don't come up and flounder like Nikulin, Lee, Foligno and to some degree even Zubov in his one call up last year.

Plus, you're raping Bingo if you call him up. He's been on for 23 of 24 PP goals scored and they're competing hard for a playoff spot.

Unfortunately, Bingo winning anything won't mean a damn thing to the average Ottawa Senators fan. As a matter of fact, the average Ottawa Senators fan probably doesn't even know who our minor league affiliate is.

10Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Unfortunately, Bingo winning anything won't mean a damn thing to the average Ottawa Senators fan. As a matter of fact, the average Ottawa Senators fan probably doesn't even know who our minor league affiliate is.

Tough luck for the 'average' Senators fan then, huh? That's why there are GMs and coaching staffs in place.

11Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm a little surprised by the Shannon callup. I would have thought Bass, since he's more like Ruutu than Shannon is right? I guess this is a shot to the top 6 players?

- Unknown Author

12Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Sens are looking for some offense and Shannon is the logical guy to provide it. See what else can work.

13Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Sens are looking for some offense and Shannon is the logical guy to provide it. See what else can work.

That makes good sense. I thought it would be Bass as well, but you're right.

14Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:40 pm

If he has a good game its not a stretch to maybe see him get time on the top line sat night being a right handed shot so...

Hope it works out, and a small guy that will get the time and space with Heatley and Spezza should be a good thing for the guy. He can keep away from traffic and use his skill.

15Ryan Shannon coming up Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Daniel Briere, Theo Fleury, Brian Gionta, Martin St. Louis....

Good for Shannon, let's see what he can do with his speed and skill.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum