GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread

+9
LeCaptain
davetherave
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
caissie_1
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brief Intro to the Recognition Thread:

Thanks to everyone who helped finding a name for this - this particular one was the simplest and most straight forward.

The point of this is to applaud players who have exceeded your expectations or had an exemplary night etc. etc. Once a recognition thread is created, people can go back to the thread to applaud them (it can be a long while in between recognitions for some players).

Any member can do this for any player on any team at any time. If you're a Hawks fan like Dave and you want to give a shout-out to Dave Bolland for example - feel free. You might not get the number of comments that you would about a Sens player, but in time, that's hopefully something that will change.

Okay, so I'll start this off with Ryan Shannon. I want to recognize and applaud what Ryan Shannon is bringing to the table for the Sens. He has blazing speed, but most importantly I love the way he uses it. He pressures defenders in their own zone which results in what must be a team lead in takeaways. He's also quite good at reading the play and positioning his stick to either intercept a pass or deflect it.

The other things he brings are an excellent skill set - probably a skill set that's vastly underrated. He's a hard worker, but it's his wrist shot and passing abilities that make him a threat to notch a point on every shift. Is it that Nick Foligno and Mike Fisher are playing that much better, or is it that Ryan Shannon was placed on the 'FFS Line'?

For his tenacity and the amount of fun it is to watch him, I give the inaugural Recognition Thread to Ryan Shannon.

Keep it up Ryan!! :KKK:

2The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

kudos to Ryan Shannon, making Bryan Murray look like an absolute genius for dumping Nycholat for Shannon, who has been electrifying this year and may form himself into the top 6 forward we have been looking for, and if that is the case, making it much easier for Murray to restructure this team with more money available.

3The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:24 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I second that wholeheartedly!!

I seriously hope Murray keeps Shannon in the Sens fold for years to come and I can't wait to see more of this kid... What a little speedster he is.

In fact, lately, the FFS line has me off my chair everytime they hit the ice...

4The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I second that wholeheartedly!!

I seriously hope Murray keeps Shannon in the Sens fold for years to come and I can't wait to see more of this kid... What a little speedster he is.

In fact, lately, the FFS line has me off my chair everytime they hit the ice...

The FFS line was a huge part of the Sens beating down the Sabres, am hoping Clouston, or "insert new coach name here" if Murray goes another direction keeps that line together, we might finally have a 2nd scoring line that is as dangerous as the first.

5The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:The FFS line was a huge part of the Sens beating down the Sabres, am hoping Clouston, or "insert new coach name here" if Murray goes another direction keeps that line together, we might finally have a 2nd scoring line that is as dangerous as the first.

The thing I like about Clouston is that when he calls a guy up, he puts him in the lineup to see what he's got - not on the 4th line to fester for 6 minutes. He put Regin in a position to show everyone what he's got - and he definitely gave Shannon a chance in a top 6 role - and Shannon has blossomed even more than Regin surprisingly (age I guess).

Clouston's really, really good for younger guys. Especially since he was the coach in Bingo. Very positive!

6The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:The FFS line was a huge part of the Sens beating down the Sabres, am hoping Clouston, or "insert new coach name here" if Murray goes another direction keeps that line together, we might finally have a 2nd scoring line that is as dangerous as the first.

The thing I like about Clouston is that when he calls a guy up, he puts him in the lineup to see what he's got - not on the 4th line to fester for 6 minutes. He put Regin in a position to show everyone what he's got - and he definitely gave Shannon a chance in a top 6 role - and Shannon has blossomed even more than Regin surprisingly (age I guess).

Clouston's really, really good for younger guys. Especially since he was the coach in Bingo. Very positive!

well let's hope that Murray keeps a good thing going, like the old analogy, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. a full year of training camp, then starting off the season under Clouston would look pretty attractive I think, especially since no European trip this year.

7The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Shannon has been great so far for us. Let's hope he's in the mixte of things next year.

8The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Plenty of recognition and applause here for Shannon, Clouston (for getting him in the lineup immediately after becoming bench boss), and Murray (for the Nycholat trade).

I've loved watching Shannon play. The FFS line is surprisingly effective considering how we've seen Foligno and Fisher play earlier in the season. Is it the more-than-one-man forecheck? Probably, but it's also that little speed demon: Ryan Shannon.

I think he gives us affordable depth and talent for the coming years if he can avoid concussions.

9The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great work from Shannon so far in his most recent stint with the big club. I will reserve judgement on whether or not he can continue this into next season because I want to know if his play is a reflection of the situation the Sens find themselves in or if he's truly figuring it out at the NHL level.

- Unknown Author

10The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Congrats to Shannon. Mcguire named him the Monster for tonigth's games vs Tampa!

11The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeah nice timing on the thread

12The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

While I did not see the game Wednesday night, I have seen Shannon play, and my god, I love this kid's wheels. He has Teemu Selanne speed and smoothness. Now that's fast !

13The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Great kid...small guy who plays big. Gives two hundred per cent on every shift.

Even better live.

14The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:KKK: Another great game...I love this kid, I really do. Adds a great combo of speed and agility. Keep it up!

15The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Ryan Shannon Recognition Thread Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:53 am

Hard to believe we picked him up for a spare part that has since been waived. It's also hard to believe that with his game, it's taken this long to find a home in the NHL. I'll take it though. Our gain is Anaheim and Vancouver's loss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum