GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Brian Lee Recognition Thread

+7
Urkie
Cronie
SensFan71
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Come on...you cannot deny that Brian Lee is starting to put it together. I've noticed it in the past 5 games or so, but didn't want to jinx it and spook the beast.

Last night was a prime of example of how Clouston can save careers within the organization. Lee was physical, he spanked Lapierre in a fight that I truly thought he would be killed in. He's starting to get when to pinch - and there's no denying he's got a stellar first pass.

The only thing right now I would have him working on is his shot. There were 3 or 4 times last night that he only needed to get the puck on net hard to create a chance, and he opted to pass along the boards and behind the net. Work on that this summer and up your weight by 15 pounds of muscle - and we might yet have a diamond in the rough.

FingersCrossed

2The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I say...you cannot deny...

3The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was thinking it may be too soon for a BLee Recognition thread...

4The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, he had a decent game last night. Now, where's Neely? Smile

If he adds 20 lbs he'll be that much more effective. But he also has to lose the hair. It's not the 70s.

5The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I was thinking it may be too soon for a BLee Recognition thread...

These threads live forever though, I'm giving him props for turning his season around. If he's inconsistent and loses it, then no one will recognize him for a long time and this thread will be buried.

That's the way I look at it anyway. Smile

6The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Sorry guys, this one's unwarranted. This thread subject is losing it's flair. Is there anybody that hasn't been recognized now?

Brian Lee is awful. I'm with Neely on this one.

7The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Plus he's a prick to meet.

8The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Sorry guys, this one's unwarranted. This thread subject is losing it's flair. Is there anybody that hasn't been recognized now?

Anyone who hasn't been recognized? Hmmm...Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, Ruutu, Phillips, Volchenkov, Alfredsson come to mind. Why? Because they haven't done anything that they don't normally do. With these younger guys (and Kuba), there's potential for them to either make it or bust.

I'd say the past 5 games at least, Brian Lee is doing what he needs to to stay in the Sens organization.

9The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Jordo wrote:Sorry guys, this one's unwarranted. This thread subject is losing it's flair. Is there anybody that hasn't been recognized now?

Anyone who hasn't been recognized? Hmmm...Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, Ruutu, Phillips, Volchenkov, Alfredsson come to mind. Why? Because they haven't done anything that they don't normally do. With these younger guys (and Kuba), there's potential for them to either make it or bust.

I'd say the past 5 games at least, Brian Lee is doing what he needs to to stay in the Sens organization.

I don't think Heater has been recognized for having over 5000 post lol.

10The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:57 pm

504Heater wrote:

I am with you Heater. I don't think Lee is as bad as people are making him out to be. He has very good vision and he is VERY coachable. That is a good thing. He is getting tagged a lot because we picked him in the first round ahead of other very good prospects.

He is going to be a decent NHLer and if he does add to his frame and get a little nastier he will be a nice 4-5 d-man.

11The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
I am with you Heater. I don't think Lee is as bad as people are making him out to be. He has very good vision and he is VERY coachable. That is a good thing. He is getting tagged a lot because we picked him in the first round ahead of other very good prospects.

He is going to be a decent NHLer and if he does add to his frame and get a little nastier he will be a nice 4-5 d-man.

I'm just hoping that he can show some consistency for us. I think that's all anyone wants.

Have you guys noticed this crazy-man look in his eyes these past games? Is it finally a nasty-streak? Or is this all a put-on? His defending will get better in his own zone, his offense I would assume will get better and better, but you can't teach nasty.

I hope he's starting to get a little pissed. Smile

12The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have been on the ship Lee out of town train for a while.
Now, as I mentioned in the game-thread last night, I couldn't believe my eyes in regards to some of his plays last night. He was laying the body and not doing that patented Redden-poke-check thing; he upped his physical play considerably, and SOMEHOW managed to bring Lapierre down where (like Heater) I thought he was going to get killed.

Now, I'll reserve my judgment until the mid-way mark of next season (assuming Lee is up with the Sens and not the Baby Sens next year) and see if he can continue to maintain this nasty, determined play of his. However, this glimmer of progress is surely a good thing, whether permanent or temporary remains to be seen.

13The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:I have been on the ship Lee out of town train for a while.
Now, as I mentioned in the game-thread last night, I couldn't believe my eyes in regards to some of his plays last night. He was laying the body and not doing that patented Redden-poke-check thing; he upped his physical play considerably, and SOMEHOW managed to bring Lapierre down where (like Heater) I thought he was going to get killed.

Now, I'll reserve my judgment until the mid-way mark of next season (assuming Lee is up with the Sens and not the Baby Sens next year) and see if he can continue to maintain this nasty, determined play of his. However, this glimmer of progress is surely a good thing, whether permanent or temporary remains to be seen.

Exactly. We can pretty much be assured of this being buried for a long, long time, but I feel the same. He's shown some really positive things in the last couple of weeks. Let's give him a toast now - and then re-address the situation mid-next year.

He's very, very young after all.

14The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should also say that I won't go out of my way to defend Lee. I kind of dislike him to be honest, so go nuts if you wish. Recognize him negatively if you want. This was just a small shout out to a guy that could be something for us - or could be cannon fodder for us moving 1 or 2 spots up in the draft.

15The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I was thinking the same thing Heater. Lee has improved dramatically in the physicality department. Earlier in the year he got pushed around and was very soft on the puck. Now he's turned a weakness into a strength and that's always a good sign. I like his overall game but the one thing he still needs to improve is his shot. Other then that I really like what I've seen from him.

If he continues to progress I could see him turning into a solid #3 or 4 defensemen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum