GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Brian Lee Recognition Thread

+7
Urkie
Cronie
SensFan71
Jordo
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:I have been on the ship Lee out of town train for a while.
Now, as I mentioned in the game-thread last night, I couldn't believe my eyes in regards to some of his plays last night. He was laying the body and not doing that patented Redden-poke-check thing; he upped his physical play considerably, and SOMEHOW managed to bring Lapierre down where (like Heater) I thought he was going to get killed.

Now, I'll reserve my judgment until the mid-way mark of next season (assuming Lee is up with the Sens and not the Baby Sens next year) and see if he can continue to maintain this nasty, determined play of his. However, this glimmer of progress is surely a good thing, whether permanent or temporary remains to be seen.

Exactly. We can pretty much be assured of this being buried for a long, long time, but I feel the same. He's shown some really positive things in the last couple of weeks. Let's give him a toast now - and then re-address the situation mid-next year.

He's very, very young after all.

17The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should also say that I won't go out of my way to defend Lee. I kind of dislike him to be honest, so go nuts if you wish. Recognize him negatively if you want. This was just a small shout out to a guy that could be something for us - or could be cannon fodder for us moving 1 or 2 spots up in the draft.

18The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

I was thinking the same thing Heater. Lee has improved dramatically in the physicality department. Earlier in the year he got pushed around and was very soft on the puck. Now he's turned a weakness into a strength and that's always a good sign. I like his overall game but the one thing he still needs to improve is his shot. Other then that I really like what I've seen from him.

If he continues to progress I could see him turning into a solid #3 or 4 defensemen.

19The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Jordo wrote:Sorry guys, this one's unwarranted. This thread subject is losing it's flair. Is there anybody that hasn't been recognized now?

Brian Lee is awful. I'm with Neely on this one.

Really? I was working part time at a gas station on weekends and he came through. He seemed rather friendly, we chatted for a bit.

20The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
I am with you Heater. I don't think Lee is as bad as people are making him out to be. He has very good vision and he is VERY coachable. That is a good thing. He is getting tagged a lot because we picked him in the first round ahead of other very good prospects.

He is going to be a decent NHLer and if he does add to his frame and get a little nastier he will be a nice 4-5 d-man.

I'm just hoping that he can show some consistency for us. I think that's all anyone wants.

Have you guys noticed this crazy-man look in his eyes these past games? Is it finally a nasty-streak? Or is this all a put-on? His defending will get better in his own zone, his offense I would assume will get better and better, but you can't teach nasty.

I hope he's starting to get a little pissed. Smile

Maybe he's visited a few hockey forums and got his first crazy-man look. Wink

I think he can still realize the potential Muckler saw when drafting him in the top 10. He has the skills, and can learn to by physical and better in his own end. Its just a question of weather or not he can do it for a full season. The past few weeks are a good sign though Smile

21The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'll give Lee props for the last few games for sure. The the only thing that is freaking me out with him is if this is all an illusion of him getting better, or if he actually is getting better. Last season when he came in he was exactly like he has been the last few games minus the fight last night. And then came in this year and sucked for 75 games of the season. He of course, had his moments, but they were very few and far between. I truly hope that he is starting to turn it around.

Props for the last few games for sure though! :KKK:

22The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:I was thinking the same thing Heater. Lee has improved dramatically in the physicality department. Earlier in the year he got pushed around and was very soft on the puck. Now he's turned a weakness into a strength and that's always a good sign. I like his overall game but the one thing he still needs to improve is his shot. Other then that I really like what I've seen from him.

If he continues to progress I could see him turning into a solid #3 or 4 defensemen.

Nice. I was starting to regret this particular thread, but at least Lee has made a couple of supporters in his last little stint.

23The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Im kinda the patient man on this board. I will wait for another full season before making any kind of judgement.

24The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Im kinda the patient man on this board. I will wait for another full season before making any kind of judgement.

you just want to make us all look bad eh? lol.

25The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:49 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I was expecting to come in here and hear crickets...

26The Brian Lee Recognition Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brian Lee Recognition Thread Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:I was expecting to come in here and hear crickets...

:D: Give credit where credit is due.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum