GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread

+6
asq2
Urkie
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Jordo
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Empty The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Now that Vermette has left town- it's time to give proper credit where it's due and give a huge GM Hockey salute to Chris Kelly.

I can't think of a more deserving player to receive this honour- as few people here respect what this guy does on a nightly basis. He's one of those players that seldom makes mistakes, and does all the little things right. He's a perfect third line centre, and he's only missed 7 games in his 3 year tenure with the sens due to a leg injury last year.

He isn't going to light any lamps, but is the guy you want out there when Spezza or Heatley takes a stupid penalty and puts the team down a man. All the while, he can still be depended on for 35 points a year, which is pretty respectable for a guy getting 3rd line minutes, and mostly on the PK.

Plus his little jabs at Spezza in his 'next question' segment....

Comeon guys, give it up for the guy. You too, Heater! :KKK: :KKK: :KKK: :KKK:

2The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lochness Monster :^^^^:

3The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:16 pm

ahah, gotta love the interview. Now I may not always support what he does, but im definitely not in support of what many people say about him. He may be overpaid, but he knows his role and plays it well.

4The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:ahah, gotta love the interview. Now I may not always support what he does, but im definitely not in support of what many people say about him. He may be overpaid, but he knows his role and plays it well.

People say many stupid thing when the team is not playing well. In a regular normal season, I wouldn't find ANY complaints toward Chris Kelly's play, contract, work ethic or personnality. And everybody should agree.

5The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Recognition Thread Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:09 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I haven't always like Chris Kelly, although I have always liked his interviews. I remember one with Tom Preissing during the SC Finals which was particularly funny: