GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Neil to practice Saturday?

+3
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chris Neil could be back on the practice ice as early as tomorrow.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/

- Unknown Author

2Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Chris Neil could be back on the practice ice as early as tomorrow.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/[/quote[/url]]

let's hope full of piss and vinegar like Kuba was last night, you stayed, now play like a "monster" for this team.

3Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil = WIN

4Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He better light it up, or else instead of a raise, he could get a reduction.

5Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:He better light it up, or else instead of a raise, he could get a reduction.

then maybe we want him to play horrible, we don't want to pay over 1.8 mil for this guy.

6Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neil for the choke cheers

7Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Neil for the choke cheers

just an off the wall story with Chris Neil, in no way related to this topic. I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago on a televised game, not even sure what network because I never noticed this myself, but I was chatting with a buddy on MSN, we were both watching the game, and during a stoppage in play, the camera flips to Chris Neil on the bench, and he appears to be licking the shaft of his stick. I again did not see it, so cannot prove it or justify it, but my friend was pretty adamanant that is what Neil did. so he has been calling Neil the stick licker from that point on.

8Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:50 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

The Sun is claiming there won't be any line up changes when the Sens face the Sabres so I assume Peter Regin is fine and will play. FingersCrossed

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/06/8656456.html

9Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Good, Regin should be getting a serious look the rest of the year, really like what I saw from him. If that kid skated and harder and faster when he lost a battle down low last night, he would have skated through the boards.

Seriously, that kid may turn out to be extremely special.

10Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:02 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:Good, Regin should be getting a serious look the rest of the year, really like what I saw from him. If that kid skated and harder and faster when he lost a battle down low last night, he would have skated through the boards.

Seriously, that kid may turn out to be extremely special.

His forechecking and backchecking were ferocious last night. I enjoyed every single minute of it.

11Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm

They were, and when he gets his confidence and comfortable in the NHL, you watch what happens to his offensive numbers with that work ethic. He has a lot of instincts but you can tell he still isnt quite sure of himself yet.

That kid has a future in Ottawa and I think people are going to be in love with this kid when he puts up 40-50 points next year. Remember I said that.

12Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:They were, and when he gets his confidence and comfortable in the NHL, you watch what happens to his offensive numbers with that work ethic. He has a lot of instincts but you can tell he still isnt quite sure of himself yet.

That kid has a future in Ottawa and I think people are going to be in love with this kid when he puts up 40-50 points next year. Remember I said that.

You even compared him to Zetterberg last night. Interestingly enough they both put up similiar numbers in the SEL at about the same age. With some confidence I also think he could make a huge impact next year. With Vermette gone now it gives him a chance to do that.

13Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:20 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

urkie hit the hammer on the nail. regin needs to step up and fill the vermette void for sure by next year. fisher better get his butt in gear too. comrie please stay!!!

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

14Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

sennies1980 wrote:urkie hit the hammer on the nail. regin needs to step up and fill the vermette void for sure by next year. fisher better get his butt in gear too. comrie please stay!!!

I think Regin will fill in nicely. I'm seeing what N4L is seeing in Regin as well. He has some serious potential and he's already dynamite at the faceoff circle.

15Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Empty Re: Chris Neil to practice Saturday? Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:33 pm

sennies1980 wrote:urkie hit the hammer on the nail. regin needs to step up and fill the vermette void for sure by next year. fisher better get his butt in gear too. comrie please stay!!!

Fisher after a slow start and missing training camp has played well. The start of the season has really hurt him, but he is playing well right now and is prob the hardest player on our team to play against.

I didnt know what kind of numbers either Regin or Zetterberg had in the SEL, but even my mother (who never goes to watch the Sens, I took her last night, haha) asked "who is number 43 out there, he looks like the best player on the ice". Regin may not put the numbers up this year, but he has already shown he can play in any situation and at important times in the game.

I now know why they traded Vermette, Regin is going to fill that void nicely and maybe even better in a year or two. IMO, what Murray did considering what we have potentially in Regin is absolute genius. Maybe that 2nd rounder can turn into something special or serviceable as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum