GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Chris Neil

+4
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Chris Neil - what to do?

POLL: Chris Neil Vote_lcap264%POLL: Chris Neil Vote_rcap2 64% [ 16 ]
POLL: Chris Neil Vote_lcap224%POLL: Chris Neil Vote_rcap2 24% [ 6 ]
POLL: Chris Neil Vote_lcap212%POLL: Chris Neil Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1POLL: Chris Neil Empty POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I stole this from HF, but it's gonna have to be done for 90% of our players.

2POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Despite the fact that Chris Neil = WIN, I believe he will fetch a premium at the deadline.

3POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. I'd go to him and offer him 1.5 X 3 years. If he's happy with that, he's a Sen, if not, I'm advising him to prepare for a trade.

I want to keep him though - and I want him at 1.5 - and I think I want him to have Phillip's or Heatley's A.

4POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we keep him at 1.5 I absolutely want him taking Heatley's "A".

- Unknown Author

5POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 pm

504Heater wrote:For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. I'd go to him and offer him 1.5 X 3 years. If he's happy with that, he's a Sen, if not, I'm advising him to prepare for a trade.

I want to keep him though - and I want him at 1.5 - and I think I want him to have Phillip's or Heatley's A.
1.5 is another middling contract that will kill us longterm. Hopefully we get something of value at the trade deadline. If there's room, and he's available, sign him in the summer.

6POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Trade this Diddle bum. What are you guys on about giving him the A???? Signing him for $1.5 million for 3 years?????? What ailments have fallen upon you to make your memory go so funny?

7POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. I'd go to him and offer him 1.5 X 3 years. If he's happy with that, he's a Sen, if not, I'm advising him to prepare for a trade.

1.5 is another middling contract that will kill us longterm. Hopefully we get something of value at the trade deadline. If there's room, and he's available, sign him in the summer.

In my world, I trade Kelly, Vermette, Kuba, Schubert, McAmmond, J.Smith and replace Kelly with Z.Smith, Vermette with Zubov/Regin, Kuba with _______, McAmmond with Zubov/Regin and J.Smith with _______________.

Neil, however, I find hard to replace. Bass is a decent fighter, but Neil's way better. Ruutu - Bass - Neil would be my 4th line next year. I don't know where Donovan fits in yet.

8POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Trade this Diddle bum. What are you guys on about giving him the A???? Signing him for $1.5 million for 3 years?????? What ailments have fallen upon you to make your memory go so funny?

No way, he's the only one showing heart right now. He's fighting everyone, he's banging, crashing. He bleeds Sens' colours.

He's not a goal scorer and he finally gets that.

9POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:28 pm

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:Trade this Diddle bum. What are you guys on about giving him the A???? Signing him for $1.5 million for 3 years?????? What ailments have fallen upon you to make your memory go so funny?

No way, he's the only one showing heart right now. He's fighting everyone, he's banging, crashing. He bleeds Sens' colours.

You give him 3 x 1.5 and he'll forget that he's not a goal scorer just like last year.

10POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:No way, he's the only one showing heart right now. He's fighting everyone, he's banging, crashing. He bleeds Sens' colours.

That cannot and shouldn't be argued. Ever.

11POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Trade him at the deadline if you can get what you want for him. Otherwise, wait and see if he will take 1.5. I don't know if he'd go for that for 3 years though...I do know, that despite our struggles, he loves playing here, and he's a true Sen through and through. I don't want to see him go, but at the same time, if we can get a 2nd round pick for him, it might be worth doing.

12POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

504Heater wrote:

This how we got ourselves into this mess. Paying 3rd and 4th liners 1.3 - 4.2M
Paying 5th-6th Dmen 2.6M.

13POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Chris Neil fits on our fourth line for about $900,000 maximum. I don't think our GM is the type to hand out $1.5 million dollars a year for a guy with 4 points this year. The guy peaked in 05-06 and has been on a massive downslide (imagine that considering his peak was at 33 points) since then. Did you also forget the fact that he "missed" 41 road games for the Senators last year?

14POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would have Neil on the third line and put him on the first unit PP in front of the net again. Tell him to stand in front of the net, let pucks hit you on the way in and or screen the goalie.

- Unknown Author

15POLL: Chris Neil Empty Re: POLL: Chris Neil Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Chris Neil fits on our fourth line for about $900,000 maximum. I don't think our GM is the type to hand out $1.5 million dollars a year for a guy with 4 points this year. The guy peaked in 05-06 and has been on a massive downslide (imagine that considering his peak was at 33 points) since then. Did you also forget the fact that he "missed" 41 road games for the Senators last year?

I completely forgot that actually. Thanks for reminding me of K Lee Wink

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum