GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009)

+24
Ev
SDH89
CockRoche
Straight Shooter
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Sp00nz
Acrobat
Snuh
shabbs
Jordo
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
asq2
wprager
Flo The Action
Hockeyhero22000
Sens4thecup
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
Mojo
Riprock
Cronie
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:Kuba's signing may strike a few (myself included when I first heard it) as brutal or unimaginable; but when one considers that Murray would have been competing with 29 other teams in June for a PMD, the move makes more and more sense. And the NMC for the first year is a respect thing I think, since Kuba himself has stated he's sick of moving, so Murray gives him the respect and comfort of knowing he'll be ottawa-bound for another 364 days; after that, who knows?..

I personally wish he would raise his physical game (or START one for that matter) and try to stop over-thinking and hesitating and just go with his gut and/or the flow of the game. If he can accomplish that, I assure you, we will be happy with him.

Seems like we are basing next year on a lot of Ifs, but hell, if you are not the Detroit Red Wings, you are doing the same damn thing lol, it's just as Ottawa fans, we are overcritical when something doesn't make sense. I said yesterday I didn't like the Kuba deal, but a year from now, I may be flip flopped on my opinion of the deal, the physicality of his game does have to improve, so get him to learn a bit of A-Train's mean streak.

77Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 pm

asq2 wrote:
cash wrote:
Sens4thecup wrote:Sens Chrip is reporting that the Kuba deal may be the sign and trade variety.
Fact: Senschirp knows nothing and today proved it. He has no legitimate inside information and is nothing more than a glorified blogger.

I'd say he has legit information. He broke the Smith signing, off the top of my head. Yeah, he's been caught off-guard by a few things, but unless you're Bryan Murray, that's probably not surprising.
Since then he hasn't broke a single thing. Literally nothing. So what's changed? Murray put down his gag order.

I've been following it closely. He no longer has credible inside information because Murray no longer allows leaks in his organization.

78Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:44 pm

at least he's not eklund Sarcasm

79Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:45 pm

I never thought he did have any inside info, and I said a long time back that Sens chirp is basically no one but a Sens fan with minimal hockey knowledge.

80Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I never thought he did have any inside info, and I said a long time back that Sens chirp is basically no one but a Sens fan with minimal hockey knowledge.

well I know people are saying he has minimal hockey knowledge, but hell, I don't believe (and I could be wrong, only been reading Chirp for about a year now), but he doesn't flaunt his rumours like say an Eklund does, now I know there was the whole fiasco with thinking Jason Williams I believe it was that signed last July, but it didn't happen, he went to Atlanta instead, but instead of Ek saying, well, this cause that or something, Chirp came out and said he messed up instead of covering or making excuses, which spews integrity in my book.

81Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:I have to say that I like that Kuba signed for less than market value. Which is more than we can say for recent "hometowners" and media darilings in Ottawa.

I can only assume that you're referring to Spezza and Heatley. These guys may be making a boatload of money, but they both would have got a fair amount more on the open market.

82Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:27 pm

SensFan71 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I never thought he did have any inside info, and I said a long time back that Sens chirp is basically no one but a Sens fan with minimal hockey knowledge.

well I know people are saying he has minimal hockey knowledge, but hell, I don't believe (and I could be wrong, only been reading Chirp for about a year now), but he doesn't flaunt his rumours like say an Eklund does, now I know there was the whole fiasco with thinking Jason Williams I believe it was that signed last July, but it didn't happen, he went to Atlanta instead, but instead of Ek saying, well, this cause that or something, Chirp came out and said he messed up instead of covering or making excuses, which spews integrity in my book.

That was obviously a planted rumour to source his leaks. Since then, no one, anywhere, has seen any of Murray's moves coming. Nothing anyone on this site or anywhere else on the web has theorized/speculated has come true, as far as organization moves is concerned. The only thing I can gather from that is that Murray doesn't allow such shoddy, slipshod management of his business.

As far as Senschirp as a blogger is concerned: I have no problem with it. If he wants to talk about bulls-hit or do game (p)reviews or w/e...then thats fine. He's one of the better bloggers for this team. But that doesn't mean he knows any more about this team than I do...

83Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:39 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Leclaire rumor came true... but I don't think Murray was trying to keep that one to himself. Spector, TSN, Sportnet etc. all talked about it leading up to the deadline.

84Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:06 pm

The first person to mention Leclaire to Ottawa was Eklund.

85Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:09 pm

even a blind rat will find cheese eventually.

86Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Did Jason Smith sign after or before the Williams saga? SC broke that.

Also, there's a poster at HF who broke the Campoli/Comrie deal several hours before it was announced.

87Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Smith signed on the 8th. All other free agent signings were completed by the time the Williams saga began.

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:even a blind rat will find cheese eventually.
My point was that it was mentioned like 6 months before it happened...

88Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:even a blind rat will find cheese eventually.

okay what Steve Carell movie was that from? I thought for certain I have seen them all, then I see that clip lol.

89Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

this is a good bump with dash and captain fairly accurate and wprager not so much.

90Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Straight Shooter wrote:this is a good bump with dash and captain fairly accurate and wprager not so much.

My first post in this thread concludes like this:

In summary, I don't like the moves up to now, but Murray has left himself in a position that offers quite a bit of flexibility.

I guess I'll have to look for more posts.

91Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Crap! Leclaire has another *2* years???! Strike what I said above. I hate this deal now, no questions.

And this was my second post in the thread.

92Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Straight Shooter wrote:this is a good bump with dash and captain fairly accurate and wprager not so much.

Dash also said that "Leclaire will be a great netminder for us next year". Sarcasm Facepalm

93Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) - Page 6 Empty Re: Kuba signs!! (Bumped thread from 2009) Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:What can I say, once again the new season will start in Ottawa with a great big question mark in goal. Is he injury prone or were the last couple of years just a fluke? Were his numbers helped by the team's style of play or is he really a great goalie?

Carolina didn't resign Gerber after he had a great (regular) season for them. We did and were left holding a very stinky bag. For whatever reason Columbus decided to go in another direction as well.

Those are potential signs of trouble. If Leclaire came in at $2.5, or if he only had 1 year left on that contract, then I'd say it was a gamble worth taking. As it stands, though, I think it is a gamble worth avoiding.

I could be wrong, and I know I could have gone All In holding 2-3 if I only knew in advance that the flop would come down A-4-5. Sure, this could turn out to be a great trade, but it's not one I would be making with confidence.

As for Kuba, I'm OK with it. Like I said earlier, we thought he was looking for $4+, so at $3.7M we should be able to move him if necessary.

Ah, here is what you must have meant. I was only "OK" with the trade, mostly because talk had been of $4M, so at $3.7M he could be moved fairly easily.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum