GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest on Kuba

+18
SensFan71
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Urkie
rooneypoo
beerandsens
shabbs
davetherave
PKC
dennycrane
wprager
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Dash wrote:One lats attempt by Murray to re-sign Neil and Kuba today, and if not, they will be traded. What's the likelihood they are re-signed and then traded? Would a team rather have the player as a UFA or under contract?
If Murray resigns Kuba I may have to find a new team to support.

92The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269558&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

I say trade Neil. Just do it. If both he and the team want to get back together, they can do so in the off season. But if they can get something of value for him now, then you have to do it, and on top of that, if Neil has a chance to win a Stanley Cup and then come back here, re-sign at a fair price, and bring us some of that experience and winning attitude, great.

We have a lot of defenceman, many of which are not what we need. Kuba's agreed to waive if asked, and while he would like to stay, Murray should not pay him anything near what he wants. Not that he isn't worth it, but it's time we spend money where it is needed.

Give M. Karlsson, maybe even E. Karlsson a shot next year. What about Wiercioch? Maybe he'll leave Denver.

93The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269558&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

I say trade Neil. Just do it. If both he and the team want to get back together, they can do so in the off season. But if they can get something of value for him now, then you have to do it, and on top of that, if Neil has a chance to win a Stanley Cup and then come back here, re-sign at a fair price, and bring us some of that experience and winning attitude, great.

We have a lot of defenceman, many of which are not what we need. Kuba's agreed to waive if asked, and while he would like to stay, Murray should not pay him anything near what he wants. Not that he isn't worth it, but it's time we spend money where it is needed.

Give M. Karlsson, maybe even E. Karlsson a shot next year. What about Wiercioch? Maybe he'll leave Denver.

Very bad idea to sign Wiercioch at 18 years after one season of NCAA. Guys like Weber and Phaneuf spent two more seasons in Junior after being drafted.

94The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If he is ready, which some say he is, why not?

95The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 pm

The guy is a freshman, he isnt close to ready right now, maybe after another year in the NCAA he will be good for the AHL, but he is no where near mature enough physically or mentally right now.

96The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, any word on if this extension includes an NTC?

97The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:05 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So, any word on if this extension includes an NTC?

I've read that his new contract only includes a NTC for the first year out of the three. Sorry but I don't have a link to confirm it.

98The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, any word on if this extension includes an NTC?

I've read that his new contract only includes a NTC for the first year out of the three. Sorry but I don't have a link to confirm it.

It was mentioned in Murray's press conference earlier in the week.

99The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:06 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I think they gave him the NTC in order to get him to sign. He may have been worried about being trade bait this summer

100The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Ya, the guy seems like he's tired of moving around and wants to settle for a bit. But I suppose it will only ensure he has a place for another year only. This way if some of our prospects can come up a little earlier than expected, they can try and ship Kuba out to make room and cap space.

101The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Kuba will not be hard to move with the that contract as well. I really like the signing of Kuba and if people watch his game close enough, he is night in and night out the best, most consistant D man on the Sens. Doesnt make many mistake, doesnt do anything fancy out there, moves the puck well, he actually has an absolute bomb of a shot if he ever uses it.

I hope we can see Kuba here for a while, really like what he brings even though he is as soft as a marshmellow.

102The Latest on Kuba - Page 7 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:39 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Kuba will not be hard to move with the that contract as well. I really like the signing of Kuba and if people watch his game close enough, he is night in and night out the best, most consistant D man on the Sens. Doesnt make many mistake, doesnt do anything fancy out there, moves the puck well, he actually has an absolute bomb of a shot if he ever uses it.

I hope we can see Kuba here for a while, really like what he brings even though he is as soft as a marshmellow.

maybe we can hope hanging out with A-Train and Phillips this summer, he will get a bit of grit to his game? am liking Kuba playing with Campoli, that kid has a bomb of a shot and isn't scared of the physical stuff, plus loves to pinch like you wouldn't believe. (don't think I have seen him get caught on a bad pinch either)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum