GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest on Kuba

+18
SensFan71
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Urkie
rooneypoo
beerandsens
shabbs
davetherave
PKC
dennycrane
wprager
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:12 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Nope, but Ohlund is Swedish and so are the two Karlsson's, and we will prob be drafting another one this year, IMO.

Ohlund is a warrior, a leader, can put up some decent offensive numbers, and is solid in his own zone. If you are trying to bring along some prospects and young guys in the back end... Smith, Phillips, Ohlund, you have all your bases covered.

Agreed. Ohlund is every bit as capable as Kuba in the offensive zone, but with a better shot, and 5 times the player Kuba is in his own zone. I'd prefer Ohlund over Kuba, especially if each guy is going to command over $4 mil / yr.

32The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Yeah I'll take Ohlund over Kuba any day. I was just looking at Cap Central, thank God Gerber's contract comes off the books next year. We have some decent cap space even if we don't move out any salary on the deadline or on draft day. Of course, I hope we still move a couple of bodies.

33The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I'm telling you guys, Mattias Ohlund is going to be a Senator come training camp next year.

I hope you're right because he'd be a nice addition.

34The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:01 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If Kuba is resigned, this board will explode.

I don't mind Kuba. He does seem well-liked by coaches and teammates. I'm not totally against keeping Kuba at the same money because that means there is another plan to get the cap relief/prospects the team needs.

My gut says that Murray has offered a 1-year deal, with the plan of Karllson to replace him in 2010-2011.

35The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:If Kuba is resigned, this board will explode.

I don't mind Kuba. He does seem well-liked by coaches and teammates. I'm not totally against keeping Kuba at the same money because that means there is another plan to get the cap relief/prospects the team needs.

My gut says that Murray has offered a 1-year deal, with the plan of Karllson to replace him in 2010-2011.

He's unspectacular in every area, but he doesn't really do anything poorly either, apart from being non-physical.

I think contracts like Smith's and Kelly's are more of a drain than Kuba's $3 million.

36The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Move Kelly first, then you can re-sign Kuba. Deal? Deal.

37The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm

504Heater wrote:Move Kelly first, then you can re-sign Kuba. Deal? Deal.
NEVER. DO NOT RESIGN THAT LOSER. KUBA GO AWAY!!!!

Can you tell I'm not a big fan.

38The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not a big fan either to be honest. I alter the offer: trade Kelly and trade Kuba.

There. That's the offer.

39The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I'm not a big fan either to be honest. I alter the offer: trade Kelly and trade Kuba.

There. That's the offer.

Yurp. If you could move Smith as well, I'd do it, good influence he is nonetheless. Richardson can be that.

Mattias Karlsson could potentially play on the bottom pairing next season, and the ~8 million clearing those three would give us in addition to losing Gerber's contract could be most beneficial.

40The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Yurp. If you could move Smith as well, I'd do it, good influence he is nonetheless. Richardson can be that.

Mattias Karlsson could potentially play on the bottom pairing next season, and the ~8 million clearing those three would give us in addition to losing Gerber's contract could be most beneficial.

Karlsson is going to pleasantly surprise us I think. He's gonna be pretty much everything Kuba is, but will lack a little (lot) of the hockey sense and experience.

If Murray can grab Kris Russell out of Columbus, I would think about keeping Smith as protection for the two little dudes (Campoli, Russell).

Otherwise, start clearing the payroll please.

Also, at what point do you reward Regin and Zubov and provide a permanent roster spot for them next year. They would both need to train hard this summer, but the time is coming to try them here once and for all IMO.

41The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:46 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Move Kelly first, then you can re-sign Kuba. Deal? Deal.

What's with the Kelly-bashing? I think Kelly is a good, reliable player. Sure, he's never gonna score 50 goals but what's with the hatred?

42The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Nothing against Kelly, but that's quite a bit of money to pay someone who won't produce (and who won't be physically dominant).

As valuable as he is defensively, I think that money should be invested in the actual defence.

Also, Kelly's got infuriatingly little finish. Infuriatingly.

43The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:What's with the Kelly-bashing? I think Kelly is a good, reliable player. Sure, he's never gonna score 50 goals but what's with the hatred?

Why would we want to pay Chris Kelly 2.1 million for the next 3 years to be 'positionally sound'? There are guys that are gonna need to challenge him for that spot on line 3 like Z.Smith, even Winchester. I don't mind him, but it's getting so frustrating to see him have one dimension - defence.

Why not dip into our wealth of 'bottom six' checkers and replace him for 1 million? Spend the rest on D.

44The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Don't trade Kelly. The only thing the Sens should do is sign he best scientist in the world, take Spezza`s skills, Kelly`s intelligence, Fisher`s heart, mix all of that in a salad bowl, and there you go, the best center to ever play the game. Now Vermette can officially center the 2nd line and Comrie the 3rd. Saves cap space too. :$$$:

45The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:16 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

That has to be the most backhanded compliment I've heard in a long time.

We don't need players that we "don't mind". We need players that excite us (in hockey terms...not in Alyssa Milano, Carrie Underwood, etc terms)

46The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

That has to be the most backhanded compliment I've heard in a long time.

We don't need players that we "don't mind". We need players that excite us (in hockey terms...not in Alyssa Milano, Carrie Underwood, etc terms)

I don't think you necessarily have to make that restriction. There's something to be said for that as well. Wink Razz

47The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Jeez, following up my Leclaire reminds me of the grinch comment with that.

Man, am I shallow.

48The Latest on Kuba - Page 3 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ You're a mean one...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum