GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest on Kuba

+18
SensFan71
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Urkie
rooneypoo
beerandsens
shabbs
davetherave
PKC
dennycrane
wprager
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

No chance I dress Kuba tomorrow. I'll be surprised if he hasn't been traded before the game.

77The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me neither, can't risk injury to him.

78The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:39 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Me neither, can't risk injury to him.

And your suspicion is?

I have a sinking feeling we might see him play.

79The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

dennycrane wrote:No chance I dress Kuba tomorrow. I'll be surprised if he hasn't been traded before the game.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we see Neil or Kuba traded tomorrow. In fact, I expect it.

I think the bottom line is that I'm just really anxious to see what we get for these guys.

As for playing Kuba tomorrow night. I sure as heck wouldn't if you know he's going to be traded.

80The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Sad reality is that both will be traded for 2nd round picks

81The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:35 am

beedub wrote:Sad reality is that both will be traded for 2nd round picks
I would take that in a heartbeat. Although I am still holding out hope that we might get a late first for Kuba.

82The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

With Murray's drafting, and the depth in this draft, two 2nds would be good. Could possibly get a goalie (Roy/Pasquale) or a PWF (Holland). Lots of good choices. Casey Cizikas should be around till the 3rd perhaps.

83The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:And your suspicion is?

Me too, but I think Murray fields a few serious calls this afternoon and tells Clouston to sit him. I hope anyway, I'd be really, really pissed if he got badly injured in a game we should be losing anyway.

84The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am

504Heater wrote:

Me too, but I think Murray fields a few serious calls this afternoon and tells Clouston to sit him. I hope anyway, I'd be really, really pissed if he got badly injured in a game we should be losing anyway.
Having Kuba IN the lineup provides us with our best chance to lose.

85The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:

I'm sorry to say, I kinda agree. (Sorry Kuba, never really like you).

86The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
504Heater wrote:

That's kinda harsh :^^^^:

- Unknown Author

87The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'd take that and run. This is going to be a deep draft, supposedly deeper then last year. That could go a long way in restoring the prospect pool.

88The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

two more wiercioch, bring it on :##:

89The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

With 2 2nds, Murray can use those as part of a bigger deal as well.

90The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

One lats attempt by Murray to re-sign Neil and Kuba today, and if not, they will be traded. What's the likelihood they are re-signed and then traded? Would a team rather have the player as a UFA or under contract?

91The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Dash wrote:One lats attempt by Murray to re-sign Neil and Kuba today, and if not, they will be traded. What's the likelihood they are re-signed and then traded? Would a team rather have the player as a UFA or under contract?
If Murray resigns Kuba I may have to find a new team to support.

92The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269558&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

I say trade Neil. Just do it. If both he and the team want to get back together, they can do so in the off season. But if they can get something of value for him now, then you have to do it, and on top of that, if Neil has a chance to win a Stanley Cup and then come back here, re-sign at a fair price, and bring us some of that experience and winning attitude, great.

We have a lot of defenceman, many of which are not what we need. Kuba's agreed to waive if asked, and while he would like to stay, Murray should not pay him anything near what he wants. Not that he isn't worth it, but it's time we spend money where it is needed.

Give M. Karlsson, maybe even E. Karlsson a shot next year. What about Wiercioch? Maybe he'll leave Denver.

93The Latest on Kuba - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269558&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

I say trade Neil. Just do it. If both he and the team want to get back together, they can do so in the off season. But if they can get something of value for him now, then you have to do it, and on top of that, if Neil has a chance to win a Stanley Cup and then come back here, re-sign at a fair price, and bring us some of that experience and winning attitude, great.

We have a lot of defenceman, many of which are not what we need. Kuba's agreed to waive if asked, and while he would like to stay, Murray should not pay him anything near what he wants. Not that he isn't worth it, but it's time we spend money where it is needed.

Give M. Karlsson, maybe even E. Karlsson a shot next year. What about Wiercioch? Maybe he'll leave Denver.

Very bad idea to sign Wiercioch at 18 years after one season of NCAA. Guys like Weber and Phaneuf spent two more seasons in Junior after being drafted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum