GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest on Kuba

+18
SensFan71
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Urkie
rooneypoo
beerandsens
shabbs
davetherave
PKC
dennycrane
wprager
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
dennycrane wrote:If Kuba is resigned, this board will explode.

I don't mind Kuba. He does seem well-liked by coaches and teammates. I'm not totally against keeping Kuba at the same money because that means there is another plan to get the cap relief/prospects the team needs.

My gut says that Murray has offered a 1-year deal, with the plan of Karllson to replace him in 2010-2011.

That has to be the most backhanded compliment I've heard in a long time.

We don't need players that we "don't mind". We need players that excite us (in hockey terms...not in Alyssa Milano, Carrie Underwood, etc terms)

I don't think you necessarily have to make that restriction. There's something to be said for that as well. Wink Razz

47The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Jeez, following up my Leclaire reminds me of the grinch comment with that.

Man, am I shallow.

48The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:52 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ You're a mean one...

49The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LOL!!

50The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:
dennycrane wrote:If Kuba is resigned, this board will explode.

I don't mind Kuba. He does seem well-liked by coaches and teammates. I'm not totally against keeping Kuba at the same money because that means there is another plan to get the cap relief/prospects the team needs.

My gut says that Murray has offered a 1-year deal, with the plan of Karllson to replace him in 2010-2011.

That has to be the most backhanded compliment I've heard in a long time.

We don't need players that we "don't mind". We need players that excite us (in hockey terms...not in Alyssa Milano, Carrie Underwood, etc terms)

Now that is a late night PPV kind of excitement, where do we sign up for that one? lol

51The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, Kuba has said he'd waive his NTC if a long term deal can't be worked out:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/02/kuba_trade/

Any word on what Kuba is looking for?

52The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:So, Kuba has said he'd waive his NTC if a long term deal can't be worked out:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/03/02/kuba_trade/

Any word on what Kuba is looking for?

Money wise Kuba is believed to be seeking 4 - 4.5M which is a little too much for my liking.

53The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If that is indeed the case, Bye -BYE!

54The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronie wrote:If that is indeed the case, Bye -BYE!

Pretty much. I'd say there is a 99.9% chance that Kuba gets dealt. Especially after saying he would waive the NTC if they can't get a deal done.

Hopefully we can get a 1st rounder for him :D

55The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
Cronie wrote:If that is indeed the case, Bye -BYE!

Pretty much. I'd say there is a 99.9% chance that Kuba gets dealt. Especially after saying he would waive the NTC if they can't get a deal done.

Hopefully we can get a 1st rounder for him :D

am certain if we walk away from a first rounder, BM would consider that a job well done, if he can some how get more, then he is a freaking genius.

56The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

4 million is fair - but not for us. We need a number one before we can think of filling out the rest of the D.

57The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:4 million is fair - but not for us. We need a number one before we can think of filling out the rest of the D.

he can go collect his paycheque elsewhere, in the mean time, allow a 1st rounder to be returned to us. thank you kuba, have a nice day.

58The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
he can go collect his paycheque elsewhere, in the mean time, allow a 1st rounder to be returned to us. thank you kuba, have a nice day.

Exactly.

59The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Exactly.

wish we could have done the same with with Redden, but damn him, he just didn't like us that much, hope he rots in the big apple.

60The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
wish we could have done the same with with Redden, but damn him, he just didn't like us that much, hope he rots in the big apple.

I said at the time - and I'll say it again - we should have waived him, freed up the money and done something better with it.

But...I guess sentiment won't allow that.

61The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sportsnet says he's willing to waive.

62The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Sportsnet says he's willing to waive.

The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Mr-burns-excellent

63The Latest on Kuba - Page 4 Empty Re: The Latest on Kuba Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

alright, so again, MURRAY, what the F**K are you waiting for dude?!?! Move him already. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum