GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schubert had been promised a full-time defense gig year after year. He said how he felt, once, and the media harped on it for days afterwards.

17Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Laker wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Jus received word from a friend (and apparently Hockeyleaks.com is running it as well) that Phoenix has some serious interest in Schubert...

Maybe it's just me, but Murray and the Phoenix GM (can't remember his name) seem to like dealing with one-another...

Either way, I would assume a prospect or a pick is involved.

Wasn't Muckler the one that used to like to deal with Phoenix? And isn't he the assistant GM there now?

I think you are both right... Muckler traded Kaigorodov to Phoenix for Comrie. And Murray traded Nikulin earlier this year. I don't remember wihich one traded for Saprykin.

Grats got dealt there too.

Muckler....Saprykin was part of the Playoff run and Muckler was still in charge

18Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Schubert had been promised a full-time defense gig year after year. He said how he felt, once, and the media harped on it for days afterwards.

I would have to disagree. I am not sure he was ever promised a full time gig. I think he asked for one over and over but never proved he could close the deal. Then this year he was given every opportunity and failed, then he lashed out about it. The reason he was a healthy scratch at the beginning of the year was his 'fuuukin' vinning' - German for F#$!ing whining.

19Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think giving opportunities to any player was a bad idea this season. THe environement was just too stressful and the confidence level at a record low in the dressing room.

20Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

marakh wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:Used to like schubert but I think I soured on him while he whined about not playing defence. He got his shot and failed. As a defenceman, he is a 7th spot guy on a mediocre team. As a forward he is a fourth liner. Either role can be replaced for cheaper. He doesn't realize it but it is exactly his versatility that makes him worthwhile otherwise he is a plug.

I don't know about cheaper (we're talking hundreds of thousands $ difference), but I certainly agree about the whining. I found it pretty ridiculous especially for a guy who barely makes any difference if he's in or out of the lineup.

Schubert's making $900K this year ($833 cap hit) which is too much for a guy who is a healthy scratch as much as he is.

21Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

marakh wrote:I think giving opportunities to any player was a bad idea this season. THe environement was just too stressful and the confidence level at a record low in the dressing room.

its more than just confidence in the dressing room.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum