GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jus received word from a friend (and apparently Hockeyleaks.com is running it as well) that Phoenix has some serious interest in Schubert...

Maybe it's just me, but Murray and the Phoenix GM (can't remember his name) seem to like dealing with one-another...

Either way, I would assume a prospect or a pick is involved.

2Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:06 pm

A 3rd or a 4th rounder would be fantastic. Anything else is gravey.

3Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schubert is a good player. Our loss will be someone else's gain.

4Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:09 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Schubert is a good player. Our loss will be someone else's gain.

I think the guy is about 2 brain cells short of being retarded personally. I cant stand him either. He's just SO dumb.

5Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Normally I'd agree SSF, but he doesn't seem to be happy playing as a forward, which is where we currently need him.
And we've ALL seen him play D for us, so I'd have to agree with Neely's take, a mid-round pick would be fantastic.

6Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm

No reason to keep a role guy around when he does have some off ice issues and has said in public he is not happy doing what he is doing in Ottawa. The Sens need a fresh outlook, this would only be the begining.

7Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever. He's a spare here. Someone will take him for sure.

8Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

Cronenbergfan wrote:Jus received word from a friend (and apparently Hockeyleaks.com is running it as well) that Phoenix has some serious interest in Schubert...

Maybe it's just me, but Murray and the Phoenix GM (can't remember his name) seem to like dealing with one-another...

Wasn't Muckler the one that used to like to deal with Phoenix? And isn't he the assistant GM there now?

9Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:53 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Laker wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Jus received word from a friend (and apparently Hockeyleaks.com is running it as well) that Phoenix has some serious interest in Schubert...

Wasn't Muckler the one that used to like to deal with Phoenix? And isn't he the assistant GM there now?

I think you are both right... Muckler traded Kaigorodov to Phoenix for Comrie. And Murray traded Nikulin earlier this year. I don't remember wihich one traded for Saprykin.

10Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Bass Destruction wrote:
Laker wrote:

I think you are both right... Muckler traded Kaigorodov to Phoenix for Comrie. And Murray traded Nikulin earlier this year. I don't remember wihich one traded for Saprykin.

Grats got dealt there too.

11Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Used to like schubert but I think I soured on him while he whined about not playing defence. He got his shot and failed. As a defenceman, he is a 7th spot guy on a mediocre team. As a forward he is a fourth liner. Either role can be replaced for cheaper. He doesn't realize it but it is exactly his versatility that makes him worthwhile otherwise he is a plug.

12Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Used to like schubert but I think I soured on him while he whined about not playing defence. He got his shot and failed. As a defenceman, he is a 7th spot guy on a mediocre team. As a forward he is a fourth liner. Either role can be replaced for cheaper. He doesn't realize it but it is exactly his versatility that makes him worthwhile otherwise he is a plug.

I don't know about cheaper (we're talking hundreds of thousands $ difference), but I certainly agree about the whining. I found it pretty ridiculous especially for a guy who barely makes any difference if he's in or out of the lineup.

13Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schubert had been promised a full-time defense gig year after year. He said how he felt, once, and the media harped on it for days afterwards.

14Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Laker wrote:

Grats got dealt there too.

Muckler....Saprykin was part of the Playoff run and Muckler was still in charge

15Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Empty Re: Schubert in Phoenix's crosshairs? Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Schubert had been promised a full-time defense gig year after year. He said how he felt, once, and the media harped on it for days afterwards.

I would have to disagree. I am not sure he was ever promised a full time gig. I think he asked for one over and over but never proved he could close the deal. Then this year he was given every opportunity and failed, then he lashed out about it. The reason he was a healthy scratch at the beginning of the year was his 'fuuukin' vinning' - German for F#$!ing whining.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum