GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert's replacement?

+3
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Schubert's replacement? Empty Schubert's replacement? Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Matt Carkner is trying to become our next Schubert...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/SPORTS01/809100333

... more fuel to the "who do we trade" fire, although to be fair, I can't imagine Carkner playing for us this year in anything other than an emergency fighter role.

2Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a feel good story this guy has become.

- Unknown Author

3Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't get that link to work for some reason. Shrug

4Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I can't get that link to work for some reason. Shrug

It's over two years old. That's probably why. Laugh1

5Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blast from the past!!!

6Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I can't get that link to work for some reason. Shrug

It's over two years old. That's probably why. Laugh1

Oh, I didn't realize that, I thought Carkner was gonna play forward and was intrigued.

7Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nahhh. I was just sifting through old posts and thought I'd dust this one off because he's turned out to be a regular bottom pairing D man.

- Unknown Author

8Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nahhh. I was just sifting through old posts and thought I'd dust this one off because he's turned out to be a regular bottom pairing D man.

Fluffing reaches a new high/low.

9Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Nahhh. I was just sifting through old posts and thought I'd dust this one off because he's turned out to be a regular bottom pairing D man.

He gets into the lineup a whole lot more than Schubert did, at least as d-man anyway.

10Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

He gets into the lineup a whole lot more than Schubert did, at least as d-man anyway.

Big goal last night.

What I loved about Schubert was him playing as a forward. He had a bit of a mean streak which we are sadly lacking right now. As Cherry would say it, too many sweethearts on the team. Even Neil, with the exception of some nearly-staged fights, has really toned down the rough stuff compared to earlier years. I'm not saying the Sens are a soft team, necessarily, but Schubert would frequently cross the line. I don't think they have any player like that now.

11Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:26 am

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Big goal last night.

What I loved about Schubert was him playing as a forward. He had a bit of a mean streak which we are sadly lacking right now. As Cherry would say it, too many sweethearts on the team. Even Neil, with the exception of some nearly-staged fights, has really toned down the rough stuff compared to earlier years. I'm not saying the Sens are a soft team, necessarily, but Schubert would frequently cross the line. I don't think they have any player like that now.

They don't IMO. They got plenty of guys with some jam, and they aren't the "classic" Sens team that was accused of backing down. Most of this team will stand up for each other. It's hard not to like Schubert as a forward. Most of his time as a forward, from what I remember, was spent during the 07 season when everyone on the team was seemingly a darling in the eyes of Sens fans.

I've said for years that what we are missing is a classic power forward who's got a scoring touch and a mean streak. Schubert at least had the mean streak. We could really use a Eric Staal/Nathan Horton type of player, or a more consistent version of a Dustin Penner.

12Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Zack Smith... he's the guy we have but don't have.

13Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Dash wrote:Zack Smith... he's the guy we have but don't have.

If he pans out to being a reliable scorer. I see him as a 20-25 goal guy.

Butler though.... FingersCrossed

14Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Smith should be here after the deadline, if one or more roster players are shipped off. He SHOULD be here now, but what can you do... he's the type of guy we need.

15Schubert's replacement? Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Dash wrote:Smith should be here after the deadline, if one or more roster players are shipped off. He SHOULD be here now, but what can you do... he's the type of guy we need.

Agreed. I'd really rather not finish this season with the current crop of forwards, tanking or not. Kovalev....I'd crawl on broken glass carrying him on my back to the fucking airport just to give him away free. Michalek? It's a dead heat between him and Kuba for the biggest decline in play. We're talking Redden level decline. Scared

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum