GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup

+2
PTFlea
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which of these leading injury-replacement candidates would you pick?

Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_lcap20%Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_lcap250%Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_lcap225%Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_lcap225%Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_lcap20%Quick poll for an injury replacement pickup Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks to Yahoo's auto-picker I got Sundin and Sullivan. I was graciously allowed to swap one of them and I'm picking Sullivan. Now I need to find a replacement forward. The leading candidates (based on the first week's worth of stats) are the names in the poll.

Which one would you take, and why?

wprager wrote:Thanks to Yahoo's auto-picker I got Sundin and Sullivan. I was graciously allowed to swap one of them and I'm picking Sullivan. Now I need to find a replacement forward. The leading candidates (based on the first week's worth of stats) are the names in the poll.

latrendess. plays on a strong team, and gets decent minutes and occasiona PP time

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Miettinen - showed good flashes last year and looks to be taking the next step.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tukker wrote:latrendess. plays on a strong team, and gets decent minutes and occasiona PP time

I was kind of leaning that way myself. In fact I picked up Latendresse in the GM Central Pool (the one with the rotisserie style scoring). Of course at that time I didn't even know about Voros and Miettinen. Decisions, decisions.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I voted Miettinen. He got some good time on a line with Ribeiro and Morrow in Dallas last year and was putting up a PPG for a while when I had him in my pool.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Thanks to Yahoo's auto-picker I got Sundin and Sullivan. I was graciously allowed to swap one of them and I'm picking Sullivan. Now I need to find a replacement forward. The leading candidates (based on the first week's worth of stats) are the names in the poll.

Are your scoring categories standard Yahoo? I.e., with PIM and SOG, etc.? And what are your team's needs -- G, A, PIM, etc.? It's hard to answer without knowing these things.

However: in general, I'd say Miettinen and Booth are the safest picks, long term. Little is a very interesting dark horse pick -- someone's got to play with Kovalchuk, after all -- but not the safest. Voros can be a great points/PIM pick up -- I used him extensively last year when Avery got injured -- but he's streaky and everything depends on his line assignment. Latendresse is not even worth a look, IMO: MTL is way too deep for him to get any quality time in the top 6 / on the PP, and he's been in and out of Charboneau's doghouse for the last 2 years.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah I said Little... If he stays healthy, no reason why he won't stay with Kovalchuk.... easy points...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Poitns only, not PIMs, not SOG, nothing.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Poitns only, not PIMs, not SOG, nothing.

Then I'd say Miettinen or Booth. Either guy should net you a safe 40-50 points. Miettinen especially.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Poitns only, not PIMs, not SOG, nothing.

Then I'd say Miettinen or Booth. Either guy should net you a safe 40-50 points. Miettinen especially.

What about Latendresse? If Kostitsyn's out any length of time his PP time will only go up.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

What about Latendresse? If Kostitsyn's out any length of time his PP time will only go up.

I think Kovalev, Plekanec, Koivu, Tanguay, Higgins, Lang, and even S. Kostitsyn are all ahead of Latendresse for top 6 / PP time. Even the best case scenario has
Latendresse's worth depending on the health of another player, which makes him a very unstable pick in my mind.

Miettinen and Booth are safer picks because they're going to be in the top / get PP time all year, and that's because they're teams are not as deep as MTL's. And that's why I'd go with one of them over Latendresse.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't know very much about Booth.

I dumped Cam Barker and picked up Foligno. If Booth or Miettenin are available, would they be upgrades?

Call me a homer, but I think I'll hold onto Foligno for now.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattbond wrote:I don't know very much about Booth.

I dumped Cam Barker and picked up Foligno. If Booth or Miettenin are available, would they be upgrades?

Call me a homer, but I think I'll hold onto Foligno for now.

I think you're going to be VERY happy with Foligno. Wink

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Was last year Foligno's first season in the NHL?? How many games did he play??

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:Was last year Foligno's first season in the NHL?? How many games did he play??

It was his first, and I think at least 20. I'll look into it.

UPDATE: he played 45. I was way off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum