GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert's replacement?

+3
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Dash wrote:Zack Smith... he's the guy we have but don't have.

If he pans out to being a reliable scorer. I see him as a 20-25 goal guy.

Butler though.... FingersCrossed

17Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Smith should be here after the deadline, if one or more roster players are shipped off. He SHOULD be here now, but what can you do... he's the type of guy we need.

18Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 pm

Dash wrote:Smith should be here after the deadline, if one or more roster players are shipped off. He SHOULD be here now, but what can you do... he's the type of guy we need.

Agreed. I'd really rather not finish this season with the current crop of forwards, tanking or not. Kovalev....I'd crawl on broken glass carrying him on my back to the fucking airport just to give him away free. Michalek? It's a dead heat between him and Kuba for the biggest decline in play. We're talking Redden level decline. Scared

19Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Another reason I don't like TSN, is for the comments - some Sens "fans" want Ruutu and Winchester sent down for Butler and Locke.

Ruutu-Kelly-Neil is not a line you rely on to score, but they have been more than usual - so there's no problem with that line at all lol.

But yeah, guys like Kovalev and Michalek are so disappointing. We got screwed on the Heatley trade so badly - set the franchise back a whole lot.

20Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:35 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Don't read those comments; they'll take years off your life. and by the way, what's with the new avatar? Are you an Av's fan now?

21Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No, I've been a Duche fan though since I followed him in Brampton. He's a good kid, glad to see him do well.

It's also really hard to get excited about your team when there's nothing really too look forward to. Colorado has Duchene who in his 2nd year is already their best player IMO. Isles have JT, Bolts have Stamkos, LA has Dougty... almost every team has at least one franchise guy. At this point, Karlsson might be our only one, and not since Spezza have we had another forward with franchise potential.

I am tired of the team pretty much staying the same year after year, replacing average players with average players, etc etc... lots of lateral changes IMO. High expectations but the team is not good when compared to the competition - it's not pessimistic thinking but realist viewing.

You look at teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Edmonton and its hard not to get excited about what they are doing. Back when Pittsburgh was rebuilding I bet the fans were excited - yeah it nearly cost the city the team, but look at them now. Same thing would happen in Ottawa. Toronto hasn't done it either, and that's why the suck - but the fans still spend the money and so the team can stay the same and they will still be the wealthiest team playing 41 games at home.

22Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:54 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Nan, you got it all wrong; Duchene is just another kid who wishes he was good enough to play on the sens ... Sarcasm

23Schubert's replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schubert's replacement? Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Sens will always be my favourite team, but my two favourite players play for two different teams - Columbus (Nash) and Colorado (Duche).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum