GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schubert Is A Thrasher

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:45 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From the Ottawa Citizen:

OTTAWA — The Atlanta Thrashers have claimed defenceman Christoph Schubert off re-entry waivers from the Ottawa Senators, says executive vice president and general manager Don Waddell.

Schubert, 27, has appeared in 268 NHL games over four seasons with the Senators, recording 65 points (23 goals, 42 assists) and 194 penalty minutes. The 6-3, 230-pound native of Munich, Germany, has also appeared in 31 playoff games for Ottawa, including an appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals during the 2006-07 post-season.

Last season, Schubert appeared in 50 games for the Senators, tallying six points (three goals, three assists) and 26 penalty minutes. During the 2006-07 season, he set career highs with eight goals, 17 assists and 25 points. The following season in 2007-08, he matched his high in goals and played in a career-best 82 games for Ottawa.

Schubert has represented his country in international competition on nine occasions, including the past two Winter Olympic Games (2006 and 2002), the World Cup of Hockey (2004) and five World Championships (2009, 2008, 2005, 2002 and 2001).

Originally selected by Ottawa in the in the fourth round, 127th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Schubert spent three seasons with the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League from 2002-03 to 2004-05, recording 54 points (14 goals, 40 assists) in 216 games. Prior to his North American career, he played two seasons for the Munich Barons in Germany.

---

Schubert has puzzled and infuriated more than a few fans in Ottawa.

Personally, watching CS, the inconsistency left me with the nagging feeling coaches didn't know how to get the best out of him.

John Anderson is an excellent coach, so maybe Schubie will prove his critics wrong.

2Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Dave, were you really up at 4:45? Were you still up or up already? I thought old guys sleep in? Look at Neely, he's 82 and hardly ever up before any of the teenagers here.

3Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:12 am

I can't believe we had to eat half of his cap hit to get rid of this guy. At least a buyout means noone else is getting this guy at a huge steal. Garbage.

I love what Murray has done over this course of this past offseason, but he waited too long to do something with the extra bodies. This is yet again another person on the books for not being here.

That's 2 players and 2 coaches, for those keeping track. I can't imagine Melnyk being thrilled about this.

4Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that we couldn't have made a trade with Atlanta for a 7th rounder even. Hopefully this cap hit won't come to bite us in the Donkey later.

5Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:29 am

Melnyk just paid Heatley 4 mil for nothing, paying another mil for someone else not to play here is a fairly big deal when you are talking about REAL money. 400 000 plus saved for Melnyk so I'm sure he's happy.

Schubert, enjoy Atlanta.

6Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:47 am

N4L wrote:Melnyk just paid Heatley 4 mil for nothing, paying another mil for someone else not to play here is a fairly big deal when you are talking about REAL money. 400 000 plus saved for Melnyk so I'm sure he's happy.

Schubert, enjoy Atlanta.

He's saved the whole amount money wise. Atlanta pays his whole salary, but we eat half the cap hit if I understand the rules correctly.

Still, like shabbs said, I hope the cap hit we are eating for Schubert to play elsewhere doesn't cost us later on.

7Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No, we pay half salary and half cap.

8Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 am

shabbs wrote:No, we pay half salary and half cap.

Frig. Thanks for clearing that up, anyhow.

9Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:38 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Wow, Dave, were you really up at 4:45? Were you still up or up already? I thought old guys sleep in? Look at Neely, he's 82 and hardly ever up before any of the teenagers here.

That's for me to know...and you to wonder about.
Schubert Is A Thrasher 78253

10Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Schubert will be in the Thrasher's line-up for Thursday's game against the Blues.

11Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Schubert will be in the Thrasher's line-up for Thursday's game against the Blues.

Wew! :prop: Game on Schubie!

12Schubert Is A Thrasher Empty Re: Schubert Is A Thrasher Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:57 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Wow, Dave, were you really up at 4:45? Were you still up or up already? I thought old guys sleep in? Look at Neely, he's 82 and hardly ever up before any of the teenagers here.

That's for me to know...and you to wonder about.
Schubert Is A Thrasher 78253

Good answer ! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum