GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh-oh! Murray entertaining offers for Schubert?

+3
PTFlea
Snuh
Cronie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

O.k. This isn't necessarily news, as a lot of people from ALL teams have noticed recently that Schubert and McAmmond could be the odd men out this year.

I spoke to a friend/source last night and after playing catch up and asking a few typical questions, I laid this one on him: "Would Murray consider trading Schubert?"
To which he replied: "what makes you think he hasn't?"

Now, as far as being cryptic goes, I would suggest taking this with a grain of salt, but this fella is usually quite good and we have a great repor, so when I pressed him, after laughing heartily, all he said was: "put it this way: If you don't hear me trip and drop the phone, then you can assume Murray is and/or has been entertaining offers for Schubert."
So, I asked if Schubert AND McAmmond could be packaged together, and he simply replied: "Ideally, of course."

Something to think about Sens fans...

Naturally, I'm still filled with questions: which team? What is the return? what? what!?!? LOL

Hopefully, we'll get some clarification once training camp begins and the competition for the few spots available intensifies.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

I wonder if Schubert asked for a trade. I remember reading that Schubert approached Murray to inform him of his desire to be a full time defenseman. Perhaps he gave Murray an ultimatum..."Play me on D or trade me".

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Snuh wrote:I wonder if Schubert asked for a trade. I remember reading that Schubert approached Murray to inform him of his desire to be a full time defenseman. Perhaps he gave Murray an ultimatum..."Play me on D or trade me".

It's quite possible, but unfortunately Schubert, Murray doesn't respond well to threats or ultimatums; therefore Murray would have NO problem obliging his request or bluff, as it may be! LOL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo. Like we don't need a guy that can fill in minutes on F and D that's making 800K.

Unless the return is a top 6 forward (legit please, like 30 goal man at least) or Schneider, I don't want to do this at all.

He's such a Murray player too...

Leave him alone Murray!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Boo. Like we don't need a guy that can fill in minutes on F and D that's making 800K.

Unless the return is a top 6 forward (legit please, like 30 goal man at least) or Schneider, I don't want to do this at all.

Leave him alone Murray!

Exactly why I cringed when I heard it. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Also, he could be full of it, or completely right. As it stands, Murray can entertain offers all he wants; it's whether he ACTS on them that counts. Case in point: Spezza... People, according to the rumor mill, we're GAGA for him, and Murray would be foolish to at least not hear them out; but at the end of the day, unless it's too good to be true, it will usually end in a thank you, but he's not available.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Snuh wrote:I wonder if Schubert asked for a trade. I remember reading that Schubert approached Murray to inform him of his desire to be a full time defenseman. Perhaps he gave Murray an ultimatum..."Play me on D or trade me".

D me or deal me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:
504Heater wrote:Boo. Like we don't need a guy that can fill in minutes on F and D that's making 800K.

Leave him alone Murray!

Exactly why I cringed when I heard it. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Also, he could be full of it, or completely right. As it stands, Murray can entertain offers all he wants; it's whether he ACTS on them that counts. Case in point: Spezza... People, according to the rumor mill, we're GAGA for him, and Murray would be foolish to at least not hear them out; but at the end of the day, unless it's too good to be true, it will usually end in a thank you, but he's not available.

Although he is a bargain at $800K, it also means he's good trade baut. Just don't expect a top-6 30 goal scorer. Come on, let's not overvalue our fourth liners.

P.S. Schubert is one of my favorite players on the team, but I'm being realistic. I would actually prefer Neil to be moved before Schubert, even though I like Neil a lot as well. It's nothing personal, just business. Schubert would be much easier to move than Neil. Actually, strike that, they'd both be easy to move, but Schubert (being a serviceable NHL D-man) would fetch more. Beil has the fighting edge but that's not the currency it used to be.

Leave him alone Murray!
Seriously, though, how valuable is a 4th line forward or a 3rd pairing D-man?
I like the way Schubert plays, but his role on the 4th line is better served going to a guy like Bass. If he can't win that last D spot, then he should be dealt.

My ultimate hope is to deal him with SJ's first rounder and McAmmond for a 2nd round pick and a B+ defensive prospect.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget that Schubert was part of the package offered to Buffalo for Campbell at the trade deadline last year. Murray was fuming that it got out.

While I like Schubert as well, he tends to leave me wanting a bit more when I see him play. If they can trade him, along with say Neil, for a better forward, then do it.

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Watching Schubert lead the German defense gets me excited to see more from him - I just hope he gets a full seasons on the point (somehow).

If he doesn't - he deserves to be traded to someone that will let him play D.

dennycrane wrote:Don't forget that Schubert was part of the package offered to Buffalo for Campbell at the trade deadline last year. Murray was fuming that it got out.

While I like Schubert as well, he tends to leave me wanting a bit more when I see him play. If they can trade him, along with say Neil, for a better forward, then do it.
Likewise...I would prefer to keep Neil's toughness around, but if he's going to be a blockhead who doesn't think, then he has to go.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly Hayden!

We all know what happens to a player when they are not happy; and quite frankly I want a roster full of players ready and eager and who are happy, so if Schubert WANTS to play D; then Murray has, IMHO, two choices: Oblige his request, or ship him out.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Exactly Hayden!

We all know what happens to a player when they are not happy; and quite frankly I want a roster full of players ready and eager and who are happy, so if Schubert WANTS to play D; then Murray has, IMHO, two choices: Oblige his request, or ship him out.

Yeah I'm sort of this opinion but I just hope we can do something with him that will help him but at the same time helps us...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum