GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi Jokinen waived (again)!

+2
caissie_1
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For the second time Jussi Jokinen has been waived by the idiots management in Tampa. Now would be the time to pick him up and see if he has any chemistry with any of our dorks guys.

2Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

30 games, would cost 600K, would be an interesting experiment to see if he has anything to add.

3Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:46 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Pick him up Murray!!!!!!

4Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My bad, 800K, but yeah, give it a shot and see what he can do! But then I find out that Regin was sent back down to the AHL and I just don't understand anything that happens anymore.

5Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I will lose my mind if they pick up Jokinen and continue to neglect addressing our needs in the back end.

6Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not positive our needs on the backend can be fixed until the off-season though. There's so much to take care of...it's mind-boggling. We need to try to make a strong pitch for a D-man on contract - like Edmonton did last year by acquiring Visnovsky. I hope we can do something on draft day and see where we stand then.

Then by July 1, we take a stab at someone to try to bring in the second NHL D-man that we need. At the very least we need a real PP QB.

And a real number one... Sad

I hope Murray's up to this one.

7Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

I would be all over Jussi, he is an istant offence kind of guy and great in the shootout (which we are horrible at) Although in our situation I am not sure that piling up points to finish 10th is what we are looking for... but next year we have to be better in that area.

8Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Jokinen is not an offensive threat for the most part. Def nothing special and would not help this team at all.

There is a reason no one has touched this guy. Shootouts dont decide more than a handful of games for the most part.

9Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:I would be all over Jussi, he is an istant offence kind of guy and great in the shootout (which we are horrible at) Although in our situation I am not sure that piling up points to finish 10th is what we are looking for... but next year we have to be better in that area.

I dunno about instant offence. His claim to fame are shootouts, but other than chipping in the odd goal, he's a complete floater. Sound familiar? Pass on this chooch.

10Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 pm

He has had a couple of nice years 55 and 48 points. He is still relatively young, skilled and quick. I would take a flyer personally. And at the end of the day if he counted for 4 or 5 points because of shootout wins, that is huge (if you are a playoff team)

11Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:He has had a couple of nice years 55 and 48 points. He is still relatively young, skilled and quick. I would take a flyer personally. And at the end of the day if he counted for 4 or 5 points because of shootout wins, that is huge (if you are a playoff team)

Do you want 4 or 5 extra points this year? I don't.

Besides, who does he replace? One of the big 3, or one of the other 10 interchangable grinders we've got?

12Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:He has had a couple of nice years 55 and 48 points. He is still relatively young, skilled and quick. I would take a flyer personally. And at the end of the day if he counted for 4 or 5 points because of shootout wins, that is huge (if you are a playoff team)

I'd rather toss the NYR a pick for Prucha. He's shown more in the goal department, and reportedly has some really sick, sick fitness levels.

13Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:17 pm

hemlock wrote:

Besides, who does he replace? One of the big 3, or one of the other 10 interchangable grinders we've got?

So hear is what I think...

We need to make some moves. Jokinen is a serviceable body who can fill a roster spot once we move someone out. Makes it easier to trade Vermette when you have some speed in the lineup. My reasoning continues with the view that he could be a player here next year. He has skill and speed which don't get taught. When put in a position to succeed with the right coach he could fit in nicely. You can't rate him on what he has done in TBay, come on, no-one wants to play there. Their franchise is in shambles and they have no structure or system to their game. He was a nice player in Dallas and if you can get THAT GUY for nothing I say done and done. Softens the blow of trading Vermette/Fisher?Kelly/10 interchangeable grinders....

EDIT: and no I don't want the extra points this year I DO next year. I still hold out hope for a turnaround next year.

14Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
hemlock wrote:

So hear is what I think...

We need to make some moves. Jokinen is a serviceable body who can fill a roster spot once we move someone out. Makes it easier to trade Vermette when you have some speed in the lineup. My reasoning continues with the view that he could be a player here next year. He has skill and speed which don't get taught. When put in a position to succeed with the right coach he could fit in nicely. You can't rate him on what he has done in TBay, come on, no-one wants to play there. Their franchise is in shambles and they have no structure or system to their game. He was a nice player in Dallas and if you can get THAT GUY for nothing I say done and done. Softens the blow of trading Vermette/Fisher?Kelly/10 interchangeable grinders....

Reasonable argument. I'd have to agree. Prucha would be in the same boat. Both are RFA after season with arbitration rights. Prucha makes slightly less right now, but I don't know whether that translates to less on the next contract. Given the choice of the two, I'd take Prucha. Jokinen could be had for nothing though.

15Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen waived (again)! Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Ill tell you right now, Melnyk wont be taking on anymore cash for players this year...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum