GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Empty Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Jokinen and Prust for Kotalik and Higgins.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308527

There has to be more to this for the Flames than just these two deals. Are they going to be making a pitch for Lecavalier or Kovalchuk?

Last edited by asq2 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the heck? That's a nice deal for the Rangers to be honest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PS That should answer some more questions about Olli Jokinen and his character.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I think the Rags win this, though Jokinen hasn't been much of a prize recently either.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is a clear handsdown win for the Rangers. Dump some future cap for an upgrade at center, even if it is a slight upgrade

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What I don't understand is why the Flames would want Kotalik and his salary going forward when Jokinen's salary would be coming off the books. If he's that much of a disruption, put him on waivers and get rid of him, but to take on Kotalik's salary is a head scratcher. Also, Higgins has been a horrendous bust for the Rangers, why would the Flames be any different?

Odd, odd day for Sutter. He may have set himself up to be fired soon.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Time will tell...
For now I agree with you guys, this looks like a good deal for the Rags and Sutter may have just ended his own tenure as GM.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

To me it looks like Calgary is blaming their recent skid on the dirty laundry in the room. Well today they cleaned that laundry and got a bunch of mediocre players in return.

Let's see if this "team concept" will work. Personally, Calgary gave up a lot of talent and didn't get an abundance of it back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:To me it looks like Calgary is blaming their recent skid on the dirty laundry in the room. Well today they cleaned that laundry and got a bunch of mediocre players in return.

Let's see if this "team concept" will work. Personally, Calgary gave up a lot of talent and didn't get an abundance of it back.

That's an interesting theory to be honest. Jokinen is the black plague and Phaneuf was apparently they devil, so let's see what happens now. Everyone should remember this isn't knee-jerk, Sutter said he'd been working on the Phaneuf deal for 7-10 days, so Iginla knew all about it - and obviously gave it the thumbs up.

10Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:01 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hold the phone, folks...rumour has it Kotalik won't waive his NTC. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 270956 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 235689

11Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Hold the phone, folks...rumour has it Kotalik won't waive his NTC. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 270956 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 235689

OMG, that would be hilarious.

12Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am

asq2 wrote:Hold the phone, folks...rumour has it Kotalik won't waive his NTC. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 270956 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 235689

Sutter should be thankful that Kotalik isn't letting him shoot himself in the foot.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 62136 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) 404580

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

This just in, kiddies...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308527

EK is also reporting it now, too:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1

I think Sutter has lost his mind a bit... holy desperation, Batman! Why would anyone trade for Kotalik's contract?

EDIT: Eep, I see asq2 got it already... my bad. Merge, mods! Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I don't mind trading Jokinen.... I just don't get taking Kotalik back in return.

CGY is panicking, big time. These are decisions that will hurt the franchise for years to come. When CGY goes out in round 1 or 2 this year, it will be Sutter's head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum