GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa's TV Schedule starting to round out

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=380507&page=NewsPage&service=page

This news leave 18 games that are yet untelevised. 12 of which are Sat night games with CBC still to announce it's regional coverage.

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

So the rest are pay-per-view?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Mosky wrote:So the rest are pay-per-view?

No, not quite. Expect 6-7 PPV games for sure. The other 11-12 games are available on NHL centre ice, as always.

The reason for these exceptions: some teams -- Boston being a good example -- have their own local broadcasts for home games and they have the rights on them. The only way to get these channels is to have Centre Ice.

I know this especially because I broke down and picked it up after the lock out. Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I watched about 70 Senators games last year. I'm hoping to be able to watch ALL of them this year.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I watched about 70 Senators games last year. I'm hoping to be able to watch ALL of them this year.

I cancelled my supersports package with Rogers back in June... but I'm still getting the channels. Somebody at Rogers forgot to adjust my cable, so it looks like I'm getting Centre Ice for FREE this year... which makes up for last year, when I effectively had to pay for it 1 1/2 times when I moved in December.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Sweet, so game nights at rooneypoo's then?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Sweet, so game nights at rooneypoo's then?

The price of admittance: only 1 six-pack for me! Plus, you'd have to find a way out to Orleans. Smile

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I already live in Orleans! TELL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! PARTY AT ROONEYPOO'S EVERY GAME NIGHT!!!!!!!!

*gets instantaneously Dung, throws up, and passes out*

rooneypoo wrote:
Mosky wrote:So the rest are pay-per-view?

No, not quite. Expect 6-7 PPV games for sure. The other 11-12 games are available on NHL centre ice, as always.

The reason for these exceptions: some teams -- Boston being a good example -- have their own local broadcasts for home games and they have the rights on them. The only way to get these channels is to have Centre Ice.

I know this especially because I broke down and picked it up after the lock out. Smile

Don't forget that CBC has released it's national schedule, but still has yet to release it's regional schedule That means of the 12 Sat night games, likely 5 or 6 will be televised...CBC will screw Ottawa fans out of the rest

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

CBC is a pile of manure, as far as I'm concerned. It should just be renamed Leafs TV and we should all just move along to CI, and get this pathetic charade over with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum