GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year?

+7
Phoenix30
Acrobat
Mojo
PTFlea
wprager
asq2
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year?

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_lcap294%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_rcap2 94% [ 15 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_lcap20%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_lcap26%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_lcap20%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

My pick would Be Pascal Leclaire playing most of the games, with Elliott getting 30 or so games.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leclaire to start for sure. Who knows by the half-way mark...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not even going to bother voting.

In 2005-2006, when we thought it would be Hasek for sure, it was Emery who was playing when the games mattered (albeit because of an injury).

In 2006-2007 when we thought it was going to be Gerber, Emery took the reins.

In 2007-2008 when we thought it was going to be Emery, Gerber took the starting job.

In 2008-2009 when we thought it was going to be Gerber, Auld took the job and now Elliott seemingly has it.

I don't like my chances at guessing what it'll be next year.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

With the juggling goalies have gone through on our team, it's anyone's guess. What's going to happen with Auld? Will he be moved in the off-season? The acquisition of Leclaire would suggest he's going to be the man to start... but who knows.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Starter is easy -- you don't trade the #4 faceoff guy and a legitimate 25 goal threat so you can pay $4M a year to your backup. How long he'll last is anyone's guess, but that's who will be our starter next ye ... wait a minute. It's a trick question. Next season will start this year, but next year will start three months into the season. Clever!

:D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA! Next season or next year... hmm....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I'm not even going to bother voting.

In 2005-2006, when we thought it would be Hasek for sure, it was Emery who was playing when the games mattered (albeit because of an injury).

In 2006-2007 when we thought it was going to be Gerber, Emery took the reins.

In 2007-2008 when we thought it was going to be Emery, Gerber took the starting job.

In 2008-2009 when we thought it was going to be Gerber, Auld took the job and now Elliott seemingly has it.

I don't like my chances at guessing what it'll be next year.

I voted Leclaire thinking 'duh', but that's actually really funny (in a diddling sad way).

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

For Murray's sake, I hope it's Leclaire. He sure as hell wasn't brought in here to warm the bench. I do like the prospect of Ottawa having two solid guys to go in nets. Wouldn't it be great!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I can't see Clouston playing the "win and you're in" type of mind games next season, assuming he's the man at the helm, which he should be. A stable system is at the core of any successful team.

Why is this a thread? Is there any doubt that a healthy Leclaire will be annointed the starter when the season begins? No way we gave up Vermette for backup goalie.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:Why is this a thread? Is there any doubt that a healthy Leclaire will be annointed the starter when the season begins? No way we gave up Vermette for backup goalie.

That's the logical answer. But then, Elliott has improved markedly, and has done quite well. Perhaps spurred on some by the acquisition of Leclaire, and Murrays statement that he'd go with Leclaire/Auld next year.

I wonder if we end up in a 1/1A scenario (Lelcaire ~50 games/Elliott ~32 games) by the end of the year.

Which then brings us to the question of what is Auld worth for trade?

5th rounder.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

To Colorado:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:To Colorado:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

Would it be much different without Auld?
Just asking, that's all...

asq2 wrote:To Colorado:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

The way they are going it could be a top 2 pick. In a heartbeat I make this move. I'm not so sure Giguere is certifiable though Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum