GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year?

+7
Phoenix30
Acrobat
Mojo
PTFlea
wprager
asq2
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year?

Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap294%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 94% [ 15 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who will be Ottawa's Starting Goalie Next Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

To Colorado:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:To Colorado:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

Would it be much different without Auld?
Just asking, that's all...

Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

The way they are going it could be a top 2 pick. In a heartbeat I make this move. I'm not so sure Giguere is certifiable though Sad

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Ottawa 1st
Alex Auld
Ottawa or Columbus 2nd

To Ottawa:
Colorado 1st

...and then I wake up.

The way they are going it could be a top 2 pick. In a heartbeat I make this move. I'm not so sure Giguere is certifiable though :(

I suspect that if Murray is going to move up its going to be through trading a player and his 1st. With the depth in the draft I don't think Murray will be so inclined to move his 2nd rounders, especially when he doesn't have a 3rd. Personally I would like to see him acquire another mid 1st and a 3rd rounder but I doubt that will happen.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is how it'll shake out.

Leclaire to start the season with Auld as backup and Elliott in Bingo. This will stay this way unless Leclaire gets injured. Because of the injury history you need that backup plan. If Leclaire stays healthy all season Auld walks into free agency at the end of 09/10 and Elliott steps in as backup for 2010/11.

Based on Leclaire's past I suspect an injury and Elliott steps right in, initially as backup before taking the reigns depending on the severity of the injury to Leclaire of course.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's probably the best scenario Clutch. Auld is a good goalie, and seems to be a great team mate and he would be a good backup asset to use next year if need be, and I think Elliott will start next season in Bingo, assuming LeClair is healthy and rarin' to go.

One strange question: assuming for a moment (allow for a moment to suspend ALL rational thought LOL) the Sens beat the odds and sneak into the post-season. With LeClair expected to be able to start skating and such by early April, would Clouston or Murray encourage him to play a game for poops and giggles just to get a look at him; or do we keep things status quo with Elliott and Auld as Backup?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they'd probably encourage Leclaire to be 110% healthy as long as the Elliott-Auld tandem is winning them games. They certainly wouldn't rush him back would you? I definitely wouldn't take Elliott and Auld out after going 15-0 in favour of a goalie coming off surgery who'll be shaking off rust against the best team in the East. Leclaire would only go in if he was fully healthy and both Elliott and Auld failed to get the job done IMO.

- Unknown Author

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think leclaire will start you traded away one of the best faceoff/pk with potential offensive upside which is working in columbus we had to have him warm the bench not likely but i dont expect if he struggles to see him in a lot we arent bob gainey if leclaire struggles elliot (hopefully) will replace him i think the job is leclaires to lose

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire will be the starter to begin the year for sure, and judging with his past history, Murray or "insert coaches name here" will want to push him too much, so around 45 to 50 starts are a reality for Leclaire, the rest being either Elliott's or Auld's (am rooting for Elliott, this is his time to shine)

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My thinking as well Clutch. I simply threw it out there for giggles and just curious as to whether others thought.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:My thinking as well Clutch. I simply threw it out there for giggles and just curious as to whether others thought.

I would think that you "dance with the one(s) that brung ya" - the players would have gotten used to Elliott, so go with him mainly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You just can't have a $4M contract backing up a $1M sophomore. At least not unless the $4M dollar man is injured or otherwise not fulfilling expectations.

Elliott still has a lot to learn, and I'm kinda warming up to the idea of these two pushing each other. A little coompetition never hurt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum