GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi Jokinen Waived!

+6
PKC
BigRig
Sens4thecup
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

As of last week i think he was 1 for 6 in the shootout so far this year.

32Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I'm torn. I'm all for losing every game this season, and his shoot-out prowess could add points to our total.

Good potential, though. I think Zubov and Jokinen could be a good tandem.

33Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Honestly, why not pick him up though? He's an RFA at the end of the year, and worst case scenario if he doesn't work out, is we trade him, or let him walk. Or whatever.

34Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Honestly, why not pick him up though? He's an RFA at the end of the year, and worst case scenario if he doesn't work out, is we trade him, or let him walk. Or whatever.

Yeah, the only downside is less cap room and losing your spot in waiver pick-up order.

I'm sure someone will take him. I just don't know if he's a Murray-type player.

35Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:47 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I like the idea of adding someone new. If he stinks, you can send him out. I don't think Jokinen makes the Sens worse.

36Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:I like the idea of adding someone new. If he stinks, you can send him out. I don't think Jokinen makes the Sens worse.

Agreed. Not much of a cap hit for what he brings. He's just on a terrible team right now. He could very well be just as bad with us and our issues though...I'd still take the chance though.

37Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:00 pm

I would much rather give the time to guys like Zubov, Bass, Smith, Foligno, so on. Save that roster spot for a young guy, thats the reasoning behind not picking him up from a team stand point.

From my standpoint, he is a soft, useless, somewhat skilled forward who will be in Europe next year and the rest of his career. Lots of skill over in Europe, he will fit right in.

38Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:I would much rather give the time to guys like Zubov, Bass, Smith, Foligno, so on. Save that roster spot for a young guy, thats the reasoning behind not picking him up from a team stand point.

From my standpoint, he is a soft, useless, somewhat skilled forward who will be in Europe next year and the rest of his career. Lots of skill over in Europe, he will fit right in.

Zubov and Smith would be better off in the AHL developing with real ice time rather than possibly getting minutes on the 3rd line on a dysfunctional NHL team.

39Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:06 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I would much rather give the time to guys like Zubov, Bass, Smith, Foligno, so on. Save that roster spot for a young guy, thats the reasoning behind not picking him up from a team stand point.

Zubov and Smith would be better off in the AHL developing with real ice time rather than possibly getting minutes on the 3rd line on a dysfunctional NHL team.

Then what good would Jokinen be on a checking line? or playing 4th line minutes? Rather have all the guys we have now over Jokinen, there is nothing about him that is special, appealing, or unique.

40Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:09 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Then what good would Jokinen be on a checking line? or playing 4th line minutes? Rather have all the guys we have now over Jokinen, there is nothing about him that is special, appealing, or unique.

Apart from his tremendous talent, I assume?

The only guy we have who's close and remotely comparable in terms of talent is Zubov.

EDIT: And maybe Regin.

41Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:12 pm

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Apart from his tremendous talent, I assume?

The only guy we have who's close and remotely comparable in terms of talent is Zubov.

Did you not watch the Tampa game? Jokinen isnt anything special, at all. He can score when there is no one else on the ice, thats about it. Where is the tallent? He can stick handle, thats where it ends.

Skating, not great, shot, nothing special, physical play, gotta be kidding, hockey sense, none. Nothing special about him.

42Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Then what good would Jokinen be on a checking line? or playing 4th line minutes? Rather have all the guys we have now over Jokinen, there is nothing about him that is special, appealing, or unique.

Appealing: Scores points at the NHL level. Would be 4th in scoring among forwards on the Ottawa Senators. Cheap price tag. Gives us the opportunity to send Foligno down, his potential is being compromised by staying here.

Special or unique: Costs a lot more than roughly 1 million bucks.

43Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:16 pm

The guy brings nothing to the game, at all. He would be taking up space. There are other guys here that deserve that time over some chump who wont make this team any better. We have enough skilled, gutless forwards on the team.

44Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

No we don't. We have no skill on our forward lines besides the big 3 and Vermette.

You've gotta be kidding me if you don't think he has skill. Watch him in the shoot-out and then get back to me.

Matter of fact, here's 8 minutes of highlights not from the shoot-out.

The risk is next to nothing, and the potential reward is quite high. I bet you would have said the same thing about Kyle Wellwood.

I don't want him only because I don't want any more points.

EDIT: Here's the link.

The guy would be what, our 5th highest scoring player?

2nd EDIT: Wow. Forgot to add it again.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J535RG4v5Dg

45Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm

asq2 wrote:No we don't. We have no skill on our forward lines besides the big 3 and Vermette.

You've gotta be kidding me if you don't think he has skill. Watch him in the shoot-out and then get back to me.

Matter of fact, here's 8 minutes of highlights not from the shoot-out.

The risk is next to nothing, and the potential reward is quite high. I bet you would have said the same thing about Kyle Wellwood.

I don't want him only because I don't want any more points.

EDIT: Here's the link.

The guy would be what, our 5th highest scoring player?

The thing with 60 mins of hockey, there are actually opponites you have to face. He struggles when there are other players on the ice, thats a pretty big problem.

You can find probably 200 guys over in Europe with that skill too, but there is a reason they are in Europe.

Saying he is the 5th highest scoting player on the Sens isnt saying much either. Jokinen would be a waste of everyones time. Also, who's spot would he take? Foligno's? Nope. Vermette's? Nope. Fisher's? Nope.

We would be picking up a healthy sratch. Also, goalies have caught onto his shootout move(s). The guy is nothing special at all, there is a reason the last place team is putting him on waivers eh...

46Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Saying he is the 5th highest scoting player on the Sens isnt saying much either. Jokinen would be a waste of everyones time. Also, who's spot would he take? Foligno's? Nope. Vermette's? Nope. Fisher's? Nope.

Well, it's saying that he might be as good or better than what we have.

I would suggest that he could give Foligno an opportunity to get his career back on track in Bingo.

47Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:37 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Saying he is the 5th highest scoting player on the Sens isnt saying much either. Jokinen would be a waste of everyones time. Also, who's spot would he take? Foligno's? Nope. Vermette's? Nope. Fisher's? Nope.

Well, it's saying that he might be as good or better than what we have.

I would suggest that he could give Foligno an opportunity to get his career back on track in Bingo.

Back on track? When was it off track? He is a 20 year old kid with less than a full season under his belt on a struggling team... Foligno is fine and his play has been fine. He has the struggles most young players do in their first full season.

48Jussi Jokinen Waived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jussi Jokinen Waived! Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Back on track? When was it off track? He is a 20 year old kid with less than a full season under his belt on a struggling team... Foligno is fine and his play has been fine. He has the struggles most young players do in their first full season.

Playing on such a struggling team is just doing harm to his development. There are no positives to be had for a 20 year old kid with less than a full season under his belt on this team. He'd be better off in Bingo right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum