GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

whoa! Another Spezza rumor!

+10
rooneypoo
COLLAR UP
Riprock
Laker
Snuh
SeawaySensFan
BigRig
jamvan
SensGirl11
Cronie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 4 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt he gets moved to be honest. You build around a talent like that, not flush him out.

47whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 4 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:It wasn't a decision on Murray's behalf. NTC/NMCs are not allowed on contract years that would otherwise have been RFA years, therefore the NTC/NMCs cannot kick in until the player's UFA years would have started. Same thing happenned with Eric Stall among others.

Huh. Very interesting. I didn't realize that.

48whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 4 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:31 pm

You build around a player, not tallent. Tallent is a lot of times secondary to other things.

If you want to build around tallent lets go out and get Rebiero.

49whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 4 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Plus, doesn't Spezza's NTC come into effect July 2009 or is it 2010?

Murray left himself quite a bit of time to see how Spezza responded to the new deal, and to see how/if he improves his overall game. It was one of his more prudent moves last year. I wish he had done something similar with Fisher.
It wasn't a decision on Murray's behalf. NTC/NMCs are not allowed on contract years that would otherwise have been RFA years, therefore the NTC/NMCs cannot kick in until the player's UFA years would have started. Same thing happenned with Eric Stall among others.

Thanks for the info! News to me. In Staal's case, it gives Rutherford valuable time to get out from under that anchor that is Staal's cap hit of 8+ starting next year.

50whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 4 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:29 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:You build around a player, not tallent. Tallent is a lot of times secondary to other things.

If you want to build around tallent lets go out and get Rebiero.

Not so sure about that, I think you can build around talent and potential.

I hope you are not comparing Spezza's talent level to Ribeiro's

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum