GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

whoa! Another Spezza rumor!

+10
rooneypoo
COLLAR UP
Riprock
Laker
Snuh
SeawaySensFan
BigRig
jamvan
SensGirl11
Cronie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 am

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

what would ATL have to offer...Bogosian...oooh...
go ahead...I am listening...

slurp up my drool.... :D

I'd even like White back...at least he puts up consistant points...

32whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 am

COLLAR UP wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:My Guess is Spezza eventually ends up in Atlanta, NYI, or St Louis. Just my guess though.

I'd keep EDM on that list too...

they could send over a nice little package...(including come of these...not all)

Cogliabo/Gagner...Gilbert...Schremp...#1 pick...

Ya, def wouldnt rule out Edmonton, thats a good point.

If Spezza does go to any of those 4 teams it really doesnt matter how often we play them, Spezza is not hard to stop, and especially a defense first team like Ottawa. Get the best deal possible, doesnt matter where he ends up. He has been a loser everywhere else, wont change in Atlanta or NYI.

33whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

COLLAR UP wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:My Guess is Spezza eventually ends up in Atlanta, NYI, or St Louis. Just my guess though.

they could send over a nice little package...(including come of these...not all)

Can't understand why Edmonton would deal Cogs or Gagner for Spezza. Edmonton has a fast, two-way system, something Spezza isn't.

Perhaps a team that has connections to the Peel region (where Spezza is highly liked) would take him. Columbus has Nash (Brampton born and raised) and Klesla (ex-Battalion). They also drafted John Hughes (Battalion) but he left for Austria.

The Rangers also seem to like the Battalion players (Sanguinetti and Grachev), but I (highly) doubt they are interested.

34whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 am

DashRiprock wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

Can't understand why Edmonton would deal Cogs or Gagner for Spezza. Edmonton has a fast, two-way system, something Spezza isn't.

Perhaps a team that has connections to the Peel region (where Spezza is highly liked) would take him. Columbus has Nash (Brampton born and raised) and Klesla (ex-Battalion). They also drafted John Hughes (Battalion) but he left for Austria.

The Rangers also seem to like the Battalion players (Sanguinetti and Grachev), but I (highly) doubt they are interested.

Spezza is actually a pretty good skater, just very long strides.

Anyways, who knows, Im saying if I had to guess, Atlanta, NYI, or St Louis.

35whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:53 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

From what a lot of people say he's a slow skater, and I never see him fly out there. Longer strides normally mean fast skating, no? At least that's what they are teaching us.

My guess would be Columbus as well as Atlanta, as well your guess St. Louis.... but I still think a trade is unlikely or far off.

36whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:58 am

DashRiprock wrote:From what a lot of people say he's a slow skater, and I never see him fly out there. Longer strides normally mean fast skating, no? At least that's what they are teaching us.

My guess would be Columbus as well as Atlanta, as well your guess St. Louis.... but I still think a trade is unlikely or far off.

I dont think it will happen until the season is over personally, but ususally when things are silent, thats when it happens. Im guessing at the draft but I wouldnt be shocked if it happend in season.

37whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Does a Spezza trade mean that a Bouwmeester deal would happen? Cause why trade him?

38whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, Spezza wouldn't be going to Florida, that's for sure. Martin NEVER liked Spezza so I can't see Spezza going there in my view. Plus, there's SO much speculation out there, but I feel (and others agree) that Spezza has the most value if he were to be dangled at the draft, and coincidently, that would be the absolute latest Murray COULD move him as I believe Spezza's NTC kicks in on July 1st, 2009

39whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

If (when) we are out of contention, Murry should seriously think of dealing Spezza at the deadline. Thoughts?

40whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Plus, doesn't Spezza's NTC come into effect July 2009 or is it 2010?

Murray left himself quite a bit of time to see how Spezza responded to the new deal, and to see how/if he improves his overall game. It was one of his more prudent moves last year. I wish he had done something similar with Fisher.
It wasn't a decision on Murray's behalf. NTC/NMCs are not allowed on contract years that would otherwise have been RFA years, therefore the NTC/NMCs cannot kick in until the player's UFA years would have started. Same thing happenned with Eric Stall among others.

41whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, Spezza wouldn't be going to Florida, that's for sure. Martin NEVER liked Spezza so I can't see Spezza going there in my view. Plus, there's SO much speculation out there, but I feel (and others agree) that Spezza has the most value if he were to be dangled at the draft, and coincidently, that would be the absolute latest Murray COULD move him as I believe Spezza's NTC kicks in on July 1st, 2009

July 2010, if NHLSCAP.com is right: http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm.

Anyway, I think the salary cap, as well as the team's needs in terms of upgrading at D and G, will ultimately decide Spezza's fate. There's no way we'll get any one player back of equal value in a trade, but there's no way we'll be able to maintain the status quo, money-wise, if the salary cap stalls and then drops.

People can point to his attitude all they want, but cap realities might be the issue that ultimately forces our hand with Spezza.

42whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Sens4thecup wrote:If (when) we are out of contention, Murry should seriously think of dealing Spezza at the deadline. Thoughts?

Depends on what Spezza's value is like at that point, and what's available via trade or on the free agent market at the end of the season.

43whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:17 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
It wasn't a decision on Murray's behalf. NTC/NMCs are not allowed on contract years that would otherwise have been RFA years, therefore the NTC/NMCs cannot kick in until the player's UFA years would have started. Same thing happenned with Eric Stall among others.

Thanks for that, I've never heard that stipulation before. Makes sense, tho', I suppose. The new CBA already rewards the young players like never before, with the early UFA age.

44whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 pm

I think the Sens (at the draft) are going to get what they can for Spezza and try and plus the hole at center with a short term solution and try and draft a guy that can come in, in a year or two.

45whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, Spezza wouldn't be going to Florida, that's for sure. Martin NEVER liked Spezza so I can't see Spezza going there in my view. Plus, there's SO much speculation out there, but I feel (and others agree) that Spezza has the most value if he were to be dangled at the draft, and coincidently, that would be the absolute latest Murray COULD move him as I believe Spezza's NTC kicks in on July 1st, 2009

I didn't mean that Spezza would be dealt for Bouwmeester, but that if he were to be moved, would Murray try to get Bouwmeester either by a separate trade or signing him if he is a UFA at the end of the season?

46whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt he gets moved to be honest. You build around a talent like that, not flush him out.

47whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:It wasn't a decision on Murray's behalf. NTC/NMCs are not allowed on contract years that would otherwise have been RFA years, therefore the NTC/NMCs cannot kick in until the player's UFA years would have started. Same thing happenned with Eric Stall among others.

Huh. Very interesting. I didn't realize that.

48whoa!  Another Spezza rumor! - Page 3 Empty Re: whoa! Another Spezza rumor! Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:31 pm

You build around a player, not tallent. Tallent is a lot of times secondary to other things.

If you want to build around tallent lets go out and get Rebiero.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum