GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where will Spezza end up?

+15
beedub
BigRig
Nasty Nas
asq2
davetherave
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
Jordo
wprager
PTFlea
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where does Spezza end up?

Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap228%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 28% [ 5 ]
Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap26%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap211%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap26%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap20%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Where will Spezza end up? Vote_lcap249%Where will Spezza end up? Vote_rcap2 49% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Where will Spezza end up? Empty Where does Spezza go? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Alright, this is the official Spezza pool.

Pick a team and reason why he goes to the city you have chosen.

I am picking Atlanta. They need a legit name to help sell tickets down there and a center man to help keep Kovulchuk happy.

For who? We'll say Little and their 1st rounder.

2Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You said to be disappointed with the return, said a prospect at best.... that's a lot more than just that.

A lot to give up for a guy who sucks, isn't it? 8)

3Where will Spezza end up? Empty Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the Hartsburg firing many feel it's just one of many major moves still to come. Is Spezza next up? Where do you think he ends up?

- Unknown Author

4Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Haha this is better. Atlanta, they need him to sell hockey there. Perfect spot for a loser. A place where no one cares.

5Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Neely4Life wrote:Haha this is better. Atlanta, they need him to sell hockey there. Perfect spot for a loser. A place where no one cares.
He'd pile up the points there, but we will know it doesn't matter.

6Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I say Edmonton for Visnovsky and a 1st...

or perhaps Souray, depending on whether they insist we take on Salary.

7Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

DashRiprock wrote:You said to be disappointed with the return, said a prospect at best.... that's a lot more than just that.

A lot to give up for a guy who sucks, isn't it? 8)

Depends how desperate a team is. That makes sense for Atlanta.

8Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza and Kuba to Minny for Burns and a 1st. Tomorrow. Smile

9Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He stays here and piles up the points.

10Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm

ALright, tons of points for Spezza, tons of losses for Ottawa, nice mix!

11Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronenbergfan wrote:I say Edmonton for Visnovsky and a 1st...

or perhaps Souray, depending on whether they insist we take on Salary.

I'd do that Cronie... either one.

I also like the move to LA for Hickey and a 1st.

I also like the move to MIN for Burns and a 1st (but it seems unlikely Minny would move Burns)

I think you're going to see him go to a top team that wants to solidify their chances of winning the big prize.

I think Calgary is a possibility, but they don't have the cap space for Spezz... Think about it- Cammeleri is as good as gone next season by all rumoured accounts, Langkow is aging, and streaky at best. I have no idea how Clagary would make this work though, because I can't see them giving up Phaneuf OR Regehr.

I would most definitely trade Spezz straight up for Phaneuf, but I can't see them doing it.

12Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I would not really want Regher unless they take some of our D back. I mean dont get me wrong Regher is one of the best D in the game but he's not the kind we need.

13Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'll play your game N4L:

Spezza to Columbus for a draft pick, a forward prospect (not named Voracek or Filatov) and a defence prospect.

Columbus is in a playoff contention position, and with Brassard out for the season, they could use some experience down the middle. Ken Wang seems to like Spezza's abilities and perhaps thinks he can improve him as a player.

Now, because they are in a playoff position, it is very unlikely they move a roster player, unless it is a 3rd-4th liner, because why would they want to mess with chemistry and move someone who has been instrumental in getting them where they are?

Players that could be available:

- Pascal Leclaire, G
Steve Mason is their number one goalie now, he's cheaper, and Leclaire is having durability issues. Unlikely Ottawa wants or needs him, though.

- Stefan Legein, F
Once a highly touted prospect, he announced his retirement at age 19, shocking many people. He has since been reinstated and I believe is playing in the AHL for Syracuse.

- John Hughes, RW
A former Brampton Battalion who left the OHL with hopes of making the Jackets. However he was cut and rather accept assignment to Syracuse or report back to Brampton, he followed the money to Austria, where I have little about how he has been performing. His rights, if still belong to Columbus, could be dealt.

14Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To NYI Spezza, Lee and SJ 1st for Streit, Hunter and their 1st

15Where will Spezza end up? Empty Re: Where will Spezza end up? Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TO Calgary for a signed Cammaleri (Guy wants to go back to ONtario)

It's time to wake up, there is not one team in the league that will give a 1st and a prospect for Spezza and his 7 MIllion. Salary is too important nowadays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum