GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza won't be traded.

+17
NEELY
Ev
Cronie
shabbs
shield4life
Flo The Action
asq2
mattshock
SeawaySensFan
davetherave
PKC
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SensFan71
wprager
Phoenix30
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Spezza won't be traded. Empty Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:20 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/06/03/9656946-sun.html

As much as Murray says he won't move him. I am sure the rumors won't stop until July 1 rolls around.

I wonder what the one more adjustment is in the contract offer for Chris Neil. I'm guess its some form of limited NTC.

I guess this is the closest to getting any new Sens news at the moment.

2Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't see any need to do anything other than to get him to play at the top level every night

:doh: Is that *all*???! Why couldn't he figure this out earlier?

3Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Missed this on the first read through:
LUKE RICHARDSON: He is welcome to return as an assistant coach next
season, but made a commitment to coach one of his daughters in hockey.
If there aren't many conflicts in the schedule, Richardson will return.

4Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/06/03/9656946-sun.html

As much as Murray says he won't move him. I am sure the rumors won't stop until July 1 rolls around.

I wonder what the one more adjustment is in the contract offer for Chris Neil. I'm guess its some form of limited NTC.

the rumours I don't think will ever go away with Spezza, whether team generated or fan generated, as for Chris Neil, hope that is a very limited NTC if its accepted, any word on who's asking for it? (am thinking Neil's agent)

5Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/06/03/9656946-sun.html

This was a very interesting read this morning. Murray's been watching and Spezza's maturing and hitting the gym to get bigger. Right now, Murray's job is 100% on the line in what he does with Spezza, so it would stand to reason that Murray would be getting reports on how hard Spezza is working, who he's working with, what he's working on, how hard he's working, how much focus he's putting in. The whole nine.

That's big, big news for Sens fans. If Murray is personally making sure that Spezza's doing all the right things - and Spezza's actually doing these things by himself - well then, our child is growing into a man.

I tell you, if Murray thought that he wasn't going to continue to develop, he wouldn't have said jack Dung in that article one way or the other. Murray sees it, assuredly the other coaches and scouts are watching like hawks and they see it. So, by July 1st, if Murray hasn't gotten an offer that absolutely blows him out of the water and he stands by Spezza, that's good enough for me.

6Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
the rumours I don't think will ever go away with Spezza, whether team generated or fan generated, as for Chris Neil, hope that is a very limited NTC if its accepted, any word on who's asking for it? (am thinking Neil's agent)

Yesterday's announcement of Krejci being signed to a 3.8 million/3 year contract stopped any kind of horse Dung about Neil getting close to 2 million dollars in their tracks. Now, Murray can say, look Neil, we like you, you like being here, but when one of the league's best up and coming (some would say he's already there) centers signs a deal that's that good, you know that he wants to win.

Now, the question that Murray probably asked yesterday was: do you want to win Chris Neil? Because if you do - and if you want to win with Ottawa, then 1.6 on a 3 year deal is the best we can do. I'm afraid you have to take it or leave it.

7Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 am

504Heater wrote:

This was a very interesting read this morning. Murray's been watching and Spezza's maturing and hitting the gym to get bigger. Right now, Murray's job is 100% on the line in what he does with Spezza, so it would stand to reason that Murray would be getting reports on how hard Spezza is working, who he's working with, what he's working on, how hard he's working, how much focus he's putting in. The whole nine.

That's big, big news for Sens fans. If Murray is personally making sure that Spezza's doing all the right things - and Spezza's actually doing these things by himself - well then, our child is growing into a man.

I tell you, if Murray thought that he wasn't going to continue to develop, he wouldn't have said jack Dung in that article one way or the other. Murray sees it, assuredly the other coaches and scouts are watching like hawks and they see it. So, by July 1st, if Murray hasn't gotten an offer that absolutely blows him out of the water and he stands by Spezza, that's good enough for me.

They key to that article is "25-year-old Spezza". People forget how YOUNG this guy is and how much he has accomplished. Personally I am tired of all the Spezza bashing... Hope his hitting the gym works out well and silences the nay-sayers....

8Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:51 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:

They key to that article is "25-year-old Spezza". People forget how YOUNG this guy is and how much he has accomplished. Personally I am tired of all the Spezza bashing... Hope his hitting the gym works out well and silences the nay-sayers....

you mean Neely right? just kidding N4L, we love tolerate you as much as you do us. Laughing3

9Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't put it all on Neely. I myself was flip flopping on the guy. I tend to get like that about the Sens. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

10Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I've only been saying this for two years now.

11Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:19 am

MurderOnIce wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Just curious, what has he accomplished?

12Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 am

If Murray does keep him, that fine, his job rest with exactly what Spezza does, but he can't be so out of touch to today's game that he actually think Canada needs to take a serious look at him for the Olympic Team.... I hope that's lip service because if it isnt, the Sens are in a lot of trouble if Murray is evaluating Ottawa's tallent to the rest of the league's.

This isnt a surrpising article, I really dont think there is much of a chance when to trade the guy and his contract when you look at what the rest of the top end centers are paid like in the league, the ones that are "only in their 20's"

Good thing Murray has figured out the problem with Spezza. Spezza needs to play hard every night.... oh wow, problem solved. He is in the gym working hard... points in the standings for that? Any rings come with a bench press?

Anyways if the Sens keep him, they keep him but the entire franchise rest on his shoulders. If Spezza thought people were tough on him before, if he has another year like he has the last 2 he may be run out of the city like Yashin was.

13Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Don't put it all on Neely. I myself was flip flopping on the guy. I tend to get like that about the Sens. Ahhhhh!

Me too. At the end of the day I trust Bryan Murray if he thinks this is right, but I flip-flop on Spezza from time to time as well.

14Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am

504Heater wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Don't put it all on Neely. I myself was flip flopping on the guy. I tend to get like that about the Sens. Ahhhhh!

Me too. At the end of the day I trust Bryan Murray if he thinks this is right, but I flip-flop on Spezza from time to time as well.

Gonna have to trust Murray, his job, Spezza's career, and he future of the Sens is riding on this move/non move. I'm still shocked he said Canada should be taking a serious look at him... based on what...? That comment scared me more than anything and REALLY has me questioning where Murray's head is at. He signed Spezza to that deal and saying that makes me think his ego might be a little out of wack at this point.

15Spezza won't be traded. Empty Re: Spezza won't be traded. Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:If Murray does keep him, that fine, his job rest with exactly what Spezza does, but he can't be so out of touch to today's game that he actually think Canada needs to take a serious look at him for the Olympic Team.... I hope that's lip service because if it isnt, the Sens are in a lot of trouble if Murray is evaluating Ottawa's tallent to the rest of the league's.

This isnt a surrpising article, I really dont think there is much of a chance when to trade the guy and his contract when you look at what the rest of the top end centers are paid like in the league, the ones that are "only in their 20's"

Good thing Murray has figured out the problem with Spezza. Spezza needs to play hard every night.... oh wow, problem solved. He is in the gym working hard... points in the standings for that? Any rings come with a bench press?

Anyways if the Sens keep him, they keep him but the entire franchise rest on his shoulders. If Spezza thought people were tough on him before, if he has another year like he has the last 2 he may be run out of the city like Yashin was.
Did Spezza sleep with you GF or something? Why the pure hate for him?

So leading the team in scoring the past two years gets you run out of here? LOL!....................

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum