GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you pick 2nd overall?

+3
PKC
asq2
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

2nd choice in 2009 after Hedman?

Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_lcap242%Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 4 ]
Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_lcap225%Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 25% [ 3 ]
Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:56 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:Brayden's not massively huge either, but you are right, he's a force. This kid was born to drive the net hard. We could so use that!

Or we could send Fisher some video footage of him. And of Brenden Morrow.

17Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:14 am

asq2 wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Brayden's not massively huge either, but you are right, he's a force. This kid was born to drive the net hard. We could so use that!

Haha yeah, I'd like to see Fisher do that more.

18Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Haha yeah, I'd like to see Fisher do that more.

Fisher should have that move already. He has the foot speed, the balance, and the strength to muscle guys off of him and the puck. And yet he just doesn't do it. It's almost comically puzzling.

19Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

As for who I'd take second: MSP. This kid looks like he could be a phenom. The newest rookie sensation.

You know, when Hedman gets taken first overall, the league will have a young star representing all the major hockey nationalities.

Canadian - Sidney Crosby
American - Patrick Kane
Russian - Alexander Ovechkin
Swedish - Victor Hedman
Finland - Kari Lehtonen
Slovenia - Anze Kopitar
Austria - Thomas Vanek

20Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:As for who I'd take second: MSP. This kid looks like he could be a phenom. The newest rookie sensation.

You know, when Hedman gets taken first overall, the league will have a young star representing all the major hockey nationalities.

Canadian - Sidney Crosby
American - Patrick Kane
Russian - Alexander Ovechkin
Swedish - Victor Hedman
Finland - Kari Lehtonen
Slovenia - Anze Kopitar
Austria - Thomas Vanek

Slovakia? I guess all they have is Gaborik, Hossa and Chara.

I think M. Koivu or Filppula will take the Finland title though.

21Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:59 am

Let's not forget Denmark. They are quietly turning out some quality players.

Lars Eller
Mikkel Boedker
Peter Regin

22Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Oh yeah: Forgot to mention Teemu Pulkkinen who will be Finland's new superstar. :D

It seems the Czech Republic are falling behind though.

23Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I chose Tavares. This guy has been flipflopping with Hedman for 1st or second depending on which scout you talk to. Don't give me the Canadian media hype horse Dung. The media doesn't rank these guys.

- Unknown Author

24Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 am

I would not choose Tavares with a top 3 pick, no way. The kid has shown some things that I do not like in a player, he thinks he is above his league let alone his team, his production has tailed off for one reason or another when it should be improving.

I do not like Tavares at all as a top 3 pick.

25Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I would not choose Tavares with a top 3 pick, no way. The kid has shown some things that I do not like in a player, he thinks he is above his league let alone his team, his production has tailed off for one reason or another when it should be improving.

Me neither. Maybe 3rd. But Hedman, MSP are clearly above.

26Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:09 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:I would not choose Tavares with a top 3 pick, no way. The kid has shown some things that I do not like in a player, he thinks he is above his league let alone his team, his production has tailed off for one reason or another when it should be improving.

Neither do I, I have said it before...

27Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So I guess Central Scouting just have no clue?

- Unknown Author

28Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So I guess Central Scouting just have no clue?

He has the tallent to go top 3, there is not a lot of doubt about it. There are a lot of other factors that going into a player than just tallent, that should be crystal clear in Ottawa. Central scouting just reports what they see on the ice, and if he didnt do what he did when he was 16 I have my doubts he would be top 3 in central scouting anyways.

I think Tavares has a lot of people around him whispering in his ear about how great he is, how people should catter to him and so on, thats not something I would want when I have a top 3 pick looking to draft a franchise player. His play has also fell off a considerable amount and still hasnt really been able to win with the Generals.

29Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Meh for me, it's just personal opinion... Never seen the others play but, to me Tavares is really nothing special...

30Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 pm

smash88 wrote:

Meh for me, it's just personal opinion... Never seen the others play but, to me Tavares is really nothing special...

There are just a lot of things that raise big, red flags for me honestly. The exemption from the rules of the draft was the first one. There have been others since then too, but that was the big one. What makes him so special? He wouldnt have gone number 1 last year, or the year efore, and he wont this year.

31Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

He's certainly not getting drafted over Hedman.

The more I talk about this guy, coupled with the Sens struggling, the more I -- deep down inside -- want to tank to get this guy. He could be a cornerstone of our D for the next decade+ with Weircioch, Karlsson, Volchenkov, Picard and Lee.

32Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Problem with tavares is there are players like him every year in the draft. Young Dmens look just more special to me, I dont know may be it's just personal but I'm seriously not amazed by young forwards.

33Who would you pick 2nd overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick 2nd overall? Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:01 pm

PKC wrote:He's certainly not getting drafted over Hedman.

The more I talk about this guy, coupled with the Sens struggling, the more I -- deep down inside -- want to tank to get this guy. He could be a cornerstone of our D for the next decade+ with Weircioch, Karlsson, Volchenkov, Picard and Lee.

Hedman's the reason that I no longer get upset when we lose. Of course, if we continue to suck, finish last and end up without the number one pick, I'm going to lose my mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum