GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers 7:00pm Nov. 17th, 2008

+13
Riprock
BigRig
asq2
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
PTFlea
wprager
The Silfer Server
PKC
COLLAR UP
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sens (6-9-2, 14 pts) have lost 4 in a row and continue their tour of New York when they visit Redden and the Rangers (13-5-2, 28 pts) today. This is the 2nd 4-game losing streak for the Sens already in this young season. Brendan Bell has been called up to help the PP.

Alex Auld will get the start in net for the Sens and Lundqvist is expected to start for the Rangers as per the Ottawa Sun.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7433631-sun.html

Projected lines: As per Boo Boo at the Ottawa Sun, the PIZZA line has been put back together.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7438996.html

Projected forward lines vs the New York Rangers:

Alfie-Spezza-Heatley
Ruutu-Fisher-Foligno
McAmmond-Zubov-Donovan
Vermette-Kelly-Winchester

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: RW Chris Neil (leg), won't play; RW Ryan Shannon (post-concussion), won't play.
RANGERS: C Scott Gomez (leg), questionable.

After today's game, the Sens return home to host the Habs on Thursday and the Rangers on Saturday. Something needs to spark the Sens very soon so they can start to play as a team and not as a bunch of individuals. Frustrations have been rising and are sure to reach critical mass soon.

I predict a big game from the Sens tonight.

NOTE: Game is on RDS,SNET-E (HD),MSG (HD).

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think this slide is over just yet IMO. I don't have anything concrete to base it on, just a feeling. I'm actually considering bringing a paper bag to put over my head for Thursday's Habs game and a little lunch bag for my Daughter :D

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I have a feeling it could get UGLY. Four goals in four games won't cut it in any league, let alone the NHL. We're going to need more to even have a chance of being in this game and not getting blown out.

Find the magic guys!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't think this slide is over just yet IMO. I don't have anything concrete to base it on, just a feeling. I'm actually considering bringing a paper bag to put over my head for Thursday's Habs game and a little lunch bag for my Daughter :D
Heh. I've got nothing to base my prediction on either... other than after our last 4 game losing streak they exploded in Buffalo. Who knows. I'm hoping the fact that Redden will be on the ice will fire up some of the guys and we'll have Ruutu back in the line-up as well.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good points. Better than what I got. Ruutu being back should help, especially with Neil out.

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Why is Neil out? I heard he was injured, but I don't know any details.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Why is Neil out? I heard he was injured, but I don't know any details.
Seems to be a knee injury:

From: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7433636-sun.html

NO NEIL
Senators RW Chris Neil won't be in the tonight. He left in the first period Saturday with a knee injury after getting hurt just before a fight with Islanders D Tim Jackman. While Neil stood in there and won the tussle against the bigger
Jackman, he confirmed he was hurt by a hit just before the fight took place. "I got hit and I knew there was something wrong," said Neil. "When I got up, (Jackman) was there with his gloves off. I tried to get settled in the best I could. The rest is history." Neil said he was hopeful he'll be able to skate this morning, but Hartsburg has already ruled him out. His spot in the lineup will be taken by LW Jarkko Ruutu, who will return from a two-game suspension ... AHL callup W Ilya Zubov will play again tonight for the Senators.
Zubov stays in the line-up.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

On a completely different note...why the hell is Shanny still not signed??

I love Shanny...but I hate these ol'timers just hanging around...if you really want to play...then play...sign with a freakin' team and get it over with...

that being said...make it Ottawa...lol...we could sure use the help...

again...diverting...did anyone see EKs ridiculous post about Ottawa wanting DeVries from NASH for Vermette...that has got to be the dumbest trade ever...why the hell would the Sens want DeVries...he does not possess any of the skills this team requires...he is not a true PPQB...he has issues getting out of the zone...need I say more...

I will say...I am in need of rumours at this point...not EK rumours though as they are terrible...lol...but some good rumours...anyone??

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Proposed lineup. Ah the good ol' days :D

Alfredsson------Fisher------Heatley

Winchester-----Spezza-----Zubov

Foligno--------Vermette----Ruutu

Donovan-------Kelly-------McAmmond

Kuba----Picard

Phillips---Volchie

Schubert---Bell

Scratches

Neil (Injured?)
Richardson (Send him to Bingo already)
Smith (Perhaps it's the kick in the Arse the team needs?)

Starting goalie - If you have to ask you haven't been watching.

- Unknown Author

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

you know what...at this point...they need to suck the Dung up and put the big 3 together...

we don't have time to Diddle with line combos...ala...Paddock...

get the 3 playing...and get some wins...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

What does benching Smith accomplish? I don't really think he's been an issue on this team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Proposed lineup. Ah the good ol' days
Are these Cap'n Clutch suggested or were they the practice lines?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:What does benching Smith accomplish? I don't really think he's been an issue on this team.

I thought he looked pretty bad in the Isles game. Had some trouble clearing the zone, was caught out of position. He wasn't the worst player by any means, but he stood out to me.

If Smith gets benched, you have more options for trying out PP combinations too, so that's something to think about.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Smith is a warrior though...to me...benching him doesn't really send a message...

Benching Phillips for his piss poor play...now that would be great...

or benching Spezza...and Heatley for their incompitant playing...there's a statement...

why pick on Smith?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Phillips/Smith/Volchie all don't play (or shouldn't play) on the PP. Picking one of them would give you the options to try out.

Volchie has been playing well, so by that logic, it's Smith or Phillips. Take your pick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum