GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg calls out Spezza

+7
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
mattshock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:49 pm

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:Well, the last few games, he's looked average at best, but so has Heatley and Vermette's been invisible. Heatley scored a goal where Spezza fed him one of the passes of the year against Philly. Then Heatley scored with a pass from Fisher to break away and score - never mind he was just coming out of the penalty box.

I love Heater as much as anyone, but he's been really, really average as well. If he'd have converted one of the 6 or 7 amazing passes that Spez fed him vs Washington, we wouldn't have needed OT and given the Caps a point.

And Vermette...I thought I'd love him up there win Spez and Heater, but he's definitely not doing the little things needed to keep that line hopping.

As I said before...can we close Alfie?

Actually, before you said "clone" Smile

Auld has the league's best GAA? Wow, he was 3rd or 4th, wasn't he? And I thought that included his last game. So the guys above him had stinkers, I guess. I'll take it, I don't care. I think this is the season for another unheralded goalie to go to the All Star Game.

Only Ryan Miller was ahead of him, then Miller served up a big fat juicy turd against the Thrashers.

47Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:53 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock34 wrote:
Only Ryan Miller was ahead of him, then Miller served up a big fat juicy turd against the Thrashers.

Ah, OK, then that must have been the SV%.

48Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Actually, before you said "clone" Smile

Auld has the league's best GAA? Wow, he was 3rd or 4th, wasn't he? And I thought that included his last game. So the guys above him had stinkers, I guess. I'll take it, I don't care. I think this is the season for another unheralded goalie to go to the All Star Game.

:D I meant clone, yes.

Auld and Thomas are tied for #1 in GAA, with Thomas playing one more game and facing the Habs at least once. So give Auld 5 more games and if he's still on this pace...well...it's pretty dang serious!!!

49Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:

Bahahahaha. Image...in...my...head...funny.

It's Thomas though that's kinda the champ (for now):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/bycategory?cat=Goaltending&conference=NHL&sort=111

That one more game played means a lot at this time of the season.

50Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Ahh yes it does. Of course posting two straight shutouts really lowers the GAA at this point too.

51Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:Ahh yes it does. Of course posting two straight shutouts really lowers the GAA at this point too.

True enough. I felt Vancouver and Edmonton's pain, he's flailing around, but stoning them at every turn. He did that to us a few times.

52Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 pm

504Heater wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:Ahh yes it does. Of course posting two straight shutouts really lowers the GAA at this point too.

True enough. I felt Vancouver and Edmonton's pain, he's flailing around, but stoning them at every turn. He did that to us a few times.

Yep, in the pool that my wife and I are in, she has Luongo, while I
picked Nabokov in that box. I did my picks over the phone and didn't realize at the
time that shutouts were worth 5 points as opposed to 2 for a win. Now
Nabokov is injured???? With Luongo posting a shutout every game........

I'M DICKED

53Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That one extra game was an overtime loss. On the one hand, without it he would likely be ahead of Auld. On the other hand, a loss is a loss. Also, let's not forget that the Sens were not very good in front of Auld for a few of those games.

I'm biased. I'm still not convinced Thomas is the real deal. It's getting harder to continue that way every day, but I'll persevere!

54Hartsburg calls out Spezza - Page 4 Empty Re: Hartsburg calls out Spezza Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 pm

wprager wrote:

That one extra game was an overtime loss. On the one hand, without it he would likely be ahead of Auld. On the other hand, a loss is a loss. Also, let's not forget that the Sens were not very good in front of Auld for a few of those games.

I'm biased. I'm still not convinced Thomas is the real deal. It's getting harder to continue that way every day, but I'll persevere!
what's it gonna take for Thomas to convince you? A cup? a Vezina?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum